Episode 222

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasirakkun

Look at the pretty flower...
A few things, first Hi everyone, I'm a lurker and I've finally decide to come out publically with it. *snif* *snif*. There's been so many great discussions, but I didn't have much to say in the past, but today I thought I should throw in my 2 cents.

Just something to remember about this arc is that the whole journey wasn't to find Flora, but to actually get to elfhome and protect/cure Caska, so even if Flora is dead, perhaps Gattsu might get cured once he gets to Elfhome (they might decide to just bury him under pixie dust and wait till he's strong enough to dig himself out of it). In the mean time, perhaps the armor will have a soothing effect on the wound forcing Gattsu to wear it until he can be healed.

As for the burning house at the end of the chapter, I personally see it as a sign that Flora is dead. I don't think she died at the hands of the apostles, but instead she either died by summoning a powerful fire elemental to kill them all as they were invading the house or that once she died, the magic inside her house started to unravel and the place started to burn up with its master.

I think (and hope) we'd see the final fight between Zodd and Skullknight. If Flora killed herself in a blaze of glory, then I'm betting that it broke up the fight between the two. If not, Gattsu and co. will arrive on the scene and see them fight (and probably see Skullknight fall if this is to be the final fight between the two. Zodd will probably be defeated by Gattsu in the end unless it involves a huge open war between Gattsu's forces and Griffith's in which case we'd probably see different people taking on different villians)

Last but not least, I'd also like to say Thanks SaiyajinNoOuji for the scans. It nice to see what's happening and gives us something to speculate about :)

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Yeah, you might not be wrong, however, I think that now that they meet Slann and that Zodd fights againt Flora and Skully they will not go to Elfhome.
Everyone speculating about flora to be dead, so how could she give the armor to Guts ??? Because Skully think that this armor is too dangerous, so most probably he will not give it to Guts.

For the fight between Skully and Zodd.. If they make draw 1000 tousand years.. It will not be settle know I think. Personnaly I think that Guts will not kill Zodd in a fight, because Zodd do nothing at him. First time, he tell gatsu about Griff. 2nd time Zodd save the life of Gatsu in lending him his sword. 3rd time, Zodd just defend Griff from the attack of Guts... So that's why ?

What do you think ? Maybe this tread must be in Speculation tread...

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
sendo7 said:
Everyone speculating about flora to be dead, so how could she give the armor to Guts ??? Because Skully think that this armor is too dangerous, so most probably he will not give it to Guts.

Why wouldn't he do that? It seems like he trust on Flora's decision to give Gatts the armor, so he might give it to them, and tell them that "Flora wanted you to have this" or something like that. Doesn't seem that unlikely to me. Had he not trusted of Flora's decision to give the Armor to Gatts, he'd probably have said so earlier. What he says, through is jsut soemthing like "You know that this is dangerous, right", not "You shouldn't give this to him". Rather, he's msot likely just trying to tell Flora that she's taking a huge risk/chance by giving to him.

For the fight between Skully and Zodd.. If they make draw 1000 tousand years.. It will not be settle know I think. Personnaly I think that Guts will not kill Zodd in a fight, because Zodd do nothing at him. First time, he tell gatsu about Griff. 2nd time Zodd save the life of Gatsu in lending him his sword. 3rd time, Zodd just defend Griff from the attack of Guts... So that's why ?

Remember the fourth time, in the game :3. However, if Zodd is there and Gatts & company encounter him, it might not be too unlikely that they fight. For someone like Zodd, it's hard to walk away from a battle against someone he knows is stronger than most people. However, if he's busy with Skully alreday, there's little or no reason for a fight between Gatts and Zodd, unless Skully is defeated, which seems highly unlikely to me, even in the case of an overwhelming force...But there might not be a fight at all. For all that we know, the battle might be over alreday. Or, it may be almost finished, so we'll maybe get to see some dialouge with Zodd/Skully at the end. Or, the battle might still be going on, with Gatts & company arriving just in time to defeat the remaining monsters of the "monster-army".

korkor

I could be a llama
i dont think the battle is anywhere close to over between sk and zodd...
which is why im confused as to why floras house is burning...
maybe the idea of her using a spell of some sort is right, but im thnking is that zodd was not the only one sent...
i have a feeling another one of griffs. generals will apear...

Lliugusamui

around the corner
korkor said:
i dont think the battle is anywhere close to over between sk and zodd...
which is why im confused as to why floras house is burning...
maybe the idea of her using a spell of some sort is right, but im thnking is that zodd was not the only one sent...
are you thinking about Grundbeld's dragon breathfire shield ?
Personnally I have no opinion for now, just wait and see and love ^^
Guil

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
I'll stop speculating about Flora's Dead. Because we don't know, unless one of us is Miura-Sensei

For the game, I don't play it, man the dragon slayer is too large for the small alley of the city, I tried to play it like 20 times, but evertimes, I throw my pad at the floor.

And if Gutts and Zodd meet, it's sure that there will be a fight. But I don't think that killing is the motivation of Gutts. In fact for me Gutts is exactly the same type of warrior as Zodd. They have the same goal.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
sendo7 said:
And if Gutts and Zodd meet, it's sure that there will be a fight. But I don't think that killing is the motivation of Gutts. In fact for me Gutts is exactly the same type of warrior as Zodd. They have the same goal.
hugh... they have not, definitely(remember the eclipse?)
Guil

Dark Wanderer

sendo7 said:

Same goal? Quite wrong, I think, althrough Zodd does share a few similarites with Gatts but that's as far as it goes. And as for the same goal; Zodd is/was seekign the Ultimate Strong One, and seems tot hink that he has found him; Gatts is jsut protecting those he love and seeking revenge. That's quite different...

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Kasirakkun said:
In the mean time, perhaps the armor will have a soothing effect on the wound forcing Gattsu to wear it until he can be healed.
that is one of the thing that I fear
http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/zelda/482/ironman.html

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/2004/index.html

Now it will not be great if the armor had two air elementals in the gloves to use like weapons and two more in the boots for flying?mmm maybe is better that Schierke keep the drinks under lock from now on ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I know Wally said that he was making some sketches and I am pretty excited to see what he comes up with. I guess I am to lazy and/or untalented enough to make my own sketches. :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I know Wally said that he was making some sketches and I am pretty excited to see what he comes up with. I guess I am to lazy and/or untalented enough to make my own sketches. :p
I'm trying to put it on the Skullknight.net Oekaki, I'll post a link here when I'm finished with it. By the way Saiyajin, what about the volume 25 cover? I could have sworn I read that there was a picture of it in this Y.A. ?

SaiyajinNoOuji

There is. I will scan it when I get the chance to get back to my room. I currently stuck in a typhoon at work...so I hope I can leave soon...but I don't think it will be soon. :'(

korkor said:

I have a feeling that all the generals and even Griffith himself will appear. If that the case, Gutz and Griffith with meet each other again... I wondered what will happen?

Dark Wanderer

Agent Smith said:
I have a feeling that all the generals and even Griffith himself will appear. If that the case, Gutz and Griffith with meet each other again... I wondered what will happen?

To me, it seems quite unlikely that Griffith would appear. After all, he's quite busy with this about becoming King of the Midlands, so I think, that if he considers Flora threat, I think he thinks it should be enough to send enough his most trusted general to take care of that threat. Should Griffith indeed appear before Gatts & company this time, through... It'd hard to say what'd happen; last time they meet, it seems like he heistated just a bit, or he'd not have saved Caska nor told Zodd to stop fightning. But that's yet another reason of why he'd rather send Zodd than come himself; he doesn't want to risk heistating again.

SaiyajinNoOuji

If Griffith and co did meet up with Gut's and party... I personally think that it would be VERY VERY VERY bad for Guts.. First of all he is injured, even if he did have armor, He would have to deal with... Grifiith and the rest of the appostiles. I don't think that they could fend of 4 or 5 general apostiles. Do you?

Dark Wanderer

Majin Tenshi said:
fending off 1 tends to be difficult.

Very :D.

Then, again, Gatts have been seriously injured before but still fought apostles. Once his anger is high enough, and if Caska's in danger... Well, then I think we might as well start digging graves for those apostles :D. spades, anyone? *holds out a couple to the people here*.

Aside from that, I wonder how the weapons that the group got from Flora would work against Apostles?

Kasirakkun

Look at the pretty flower...
Roberto, I don't think it will be that bad. When I said soothing effect, I was thinking that since the talisment inside the armor drawn by Flora is supposed to block the effect of certain spiritual energies (because of Gattsu' mark) and that Gattsu' wound is actually made by a spiritual creature (slann), perhaps the Talisment would actually block the pain from the wound, but any physical world pain he gets would still hurt like hell.

Dark Wanderer said:
Well, then I think we might as well start digging graves for those apostles :D. spades, anyone? *holds out a couple to the people here*.

We might also had to dig Gut's grave if Griffith is here personally, no way would Gutz anger being sufficient enough to fight Griffith

Dark Wanderer said:
Aside from that, I wonder how the weapons that the group got from Flora would work against Apostles?

They had magical properties, this give them advantage over Apostle and spiritual being

Griffith isnt one to do the dirty work, is he? he had Guts do most of the assasinating, yes? Zodd is just Guts replacement in this matter. I doubt very seriously that Griffith is at Flora's house. If he is, its a very very stupid move by Miura.

ranemaka13 said:
If he is, its a very very stupid move by Miura.

He might surprised us somehow. Though we know chances is as good as Nil, but that doesnt mean it is stupid for Muira to do this. If that really happen maybe Muira is showing how important Flora/Skullknight is to Griffith goals and empire.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
A.S said:
He might surprised us somehow. Though we know chances is as good as Nil, but that doesnt mean it is stupid for Muira to do this. If that really happen maybe Muira is showing how important Flora/Skullknight is to Griffith goals and empire.

let me ask this again. Why does Griffith know/care about Skully and Flora?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Majin Tenshi said:
let me ask this again. Why does Griffith know/care about Skully and Flora?

I obviously wasn’t sarcastic enough before when I said we should bet on Griffith’s ignorance. Why wouldn’t he know about her, he was a God, you don’t think he hears things? I mean, are you under the impression Flora is just some regular old lady of no consequence and Skully and Guts just happen to know her by coincidence? Miura’s just been showing us the life of an old woman in the woods who’s about to die because he thinks it's a cool side story with no importance to the plot? Remember the whole wise and powerful magic using Witch thing? The one aiding Guts. Guts, one of only a few characters in the story that can possibly stand up to Griffith and his minions. The others being Flora’s apprentice, a personal confidant, or someone given powers by her. Yeah, why should Griffith care?

Perhaps Zoddo and his crew are just randomly egging houses in the woods.

-Griffith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom