Episode 222

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Hmmm... last I checked. Griffith didn't really give a damn about Guts. He doesn't want Caska to get hurt, and sending a bunch of apostles to her area isn't a good way to prevent that.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Majin Tenshi said:
Hmmm... last I checked. Griffith didn't really give a damn about Guts. He doesn't want Caska to get hurt, and sending a bunch of apostles to her area isn't a good way to prevent that.

Well, remember that Gatts & Caska is branded, so it can't be predicted where those are going to go, so maybe Griffith didn't know that they would be there by then. Nor do I think that he knew that Skully would be there, which might have delayed the battle long enough for Gatts & Company to show up, when the idea instead was that the battle would be finished before they showed up. Also, he might have given his soldiers orders to not hurt her. It's possible, at least.

Dark Wanderer

A.S said:
We might also had to dig Gut's grave if Griffith is here personally, no way would Gutz anger being sufficient enough to fight Griffith

Maybe not, but his anger has saved him many times before ^_^. And not that the fact that Griffith probably is stronger is something that would prevent Gatts from trying to get him, if he's indeed there, which I judge as very unlikely.

Majin Tenshi said:
let me ask this again. Why does Griffith know/care about Skully and Flora?

Griffith should know about Skully especially as they met be4. For Flora case i m not very sure but i guess he should know also becz he is a God Hand!

The reason why Griffith seemed to care for Flora and Skully maybe becz they are the only being in the whole world that is powerful enough to pose a threat to Griffith's empire. Since Gutz happen to pass-by, he may be making use of the opportunity to get rid all of them at once!

Note: All these r just speculations!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Well, remember that Gatts & Caska is branded, so it can't be predicted where those are going to go.
Yeah, that whole Hill of Swords battle? Lucky guess.

Dark Wanderer

Walter said:
Yeah, that whole Hill of Swords battle? Lucky guess.

Well, Rickert isn't branded, and thus, he'd know his location, at least. and I don't think it'd take much thinking to know that if Caska was saved, Gatts would return there. Also, if God Hand can "spy" on people or soemthing like that, then they'd know that Gatts had promised to return there when he found Caska. It's not entirly impossible, that they used their infludence on Rickert so that he'd say that to Gatts; that he'd come back after he'd found her, so that Griffith could meet him then.

Dark Wanderer

Olivier Hague said:
Where does that come from?

*shrughs* Ir's more or less just an idea of mine. But, if they're outside of Fate's control, which is normaly controlled by the Idea, thne it sounds kinda logic that they (God Hand and others) shouldn't be able to know, or in any way affect where they are going, thus, they'd be able to "guess" where they'd be going, but not directly "know" it. Something like that, anyway ^^;.

Dark Wanderer said:
*shrughs* Ir's more or less just an idea of mine. But, if they're outside of Fate's control, which is normaly controlled by the Idea, thne it sounds kinda logic that they (God Hand and others) shouldn't be able to know, or in any way affect where they are going, thus, they'd be able to "guess" where they'd be going, but not directly "know" it. Something like that, anyway ^^;.

I think it may be pretty safe to say that even if they are entirely "out of Fate's control" then the Brand would at least show up as a Bleep on the God Hand's radar, yes?
however, since Causality is a spiral, perhaps it was meant to happen? maybe its happened before as well. and if it's meant to happen then, of course, theyre not entirely out of Fate's Influence and the God Hand can still "see" them (but i dont think, personally, them being outside of Causality has anything to do with whether or not GH can "see" them).

is what ive said too obvious?

Dark Wanderer

ranemaka13 said:
I think it may be pretty safe to say that even if they are entirely "out of Fate's control" then the Brand would at least show up as a Bleep on the God Hand's radar, yes?
however, since Causality is a spiral, perhaps it was meant to happen? maybe its happened before as well. and if it's meant to happen then, of course, theyre not entirely out of Fate's Influence and the God Hand can still "see" them (but i dont think, personally, them being outside of Causality has anything to do with whether or not GH can "see" them).

is what ive said too obvious?

:p. Quite so :). Still, I'm not entirly convinced of that my idea is all that wrong. Still, there's things that may prove that my idea's wrong; if Slan, for example, knew that Gatts would appear in the Troll Village, then that might mean that GH can "see" them (but apaprently, it seems like Slan did not forsee how their encounter would end up) and thus, in a way, keep an eye on them if necressiary...

Majin_Tenshi

Remember in one of the first few volumes... when Guts is in the woods at night and the God Hand bugs him... I think the brand makes people easier to find.

Dark Wanderer

Majin Tenshi said:
Remember in one of the first few volumes... when Guts is in the woods at night and the God Hand bugs him... I think the brand makes people easier to find.

Talking about the anime? Well, as far as I know, that event never happened in the manga, and in the anime, it seems like it was more like a nightmare, or just the evil spirits talking, taking she shape of God Hand or showing him visions as they tormented him. But, yes, brands makes people easier to find.. for apostles, that's it. We don't know how it'd be for a God Hand.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Majin Tenshi said:

Those were ghouls and evil spirits. It did happen in episode 1 of the anime where he actually saw God Hand though. But the point remains, the brand attracts evil spirits, it doesn't "hide" it's carrier.

-Griffith

Majin_Tenshi

I should have mentioned that I was thinking of the anime. But I think theres a parallel scene in the Manga. Maybe not in the woods...

Majin Tenshi said:
I should have mentioned that I was thinking of the anime. But I think theres a parallel scene in the Manga. Maybe not in the woods...

Well u should know that the anime is a bit different from the manga.

I do agree that brand make Gutz more obvious to the spiritual being, but it would be better if u say that the brand attract them instead.

Majin_Tenshi

It makes him visable, and ghosts are attracted to anything living they can see. Actualy, it seems to warp the entire area around him, since those around him are also attacked by ghosts.

Anyways, it should be like a beacon to the Godhand, not a way to be free of them.

Hey guys, first post here...dunno if anyone's considered this yet, and sorry if this should go on the speculation section, but this has crossed my mind:

Flora mentions hoping that Guts and crew don't make the same ' mistake(s)' that she and/or skully did.

I have a strange feeling that could have something to do with skully's form, in that he likely used his behelit, sacrificed, and later met Flora, whereas Gatts hasn't yet used his, and may never use it, though the likelyhood of him using it will increase. The situation concerning the world and the apocalypse is getting more urgent by the day, and Guts has friends again that he appreciates...in other words, viable sacrifices.

In addition to that, Guts' spirit is wounded, which might have consequences other than possible death, such as the beast resurfacing and/or growing stronger inside him, maybe with such effects lingering even after he gets healed (assuming he will get healed).

Just some ideas and speculation ;D

Dark Wanderer

Majin Tenshi said:
Anyways, it should be like a beacon to the Godhand, not a way to be free of them.

Well, even if it doesn't make them invisible to the God Hand, the brand does place them outside of the Hand/Idea's direct infludence, or so it seems.

Dark Wanderer

Swordsman in Sable said:
Flora mentions hoping that Guts and crew don't make the same ' mistake(s)' that she and/or skully did.

Hmm, does she indeed say "mistake"? I can't see that with my current level in japanese :'(, but I throught someone said before that she said "decision"? If so, they dind't necressiary make a mistake, just a decision that was dangerous.

In addition to that, Guts' spirit is wounded, which might have consequences other than possible death, such as the beast resurfacing and/or growing stronger inside him, maybe with such effects lingering even after he gets healed (assuming he will get healed).

Well, good idea :). However, I've begun to wonder, if the armor that Gatts is to receive affects the soul in any way, couldn't that possibly help to "heal" his soul? Hmm, speculations, speculations.. ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
However, I've begun to wonder, if the armor that Gatts is to receive affects the soul in any way, couldn't that possibly help to "heal" his soul?

More then likely it will heal but the way Skullknight and Flora were talking about it, it sounds as if it is going to have a very big downside...

Also, I know this is kinda speculation but.. With Gut's brand bleeding I wonder who is still there? I don't think it is Zodd...and if it is SK will more then likely still be there. But I wonder...maybe it's that little bastard that was all about Griffith? You know..the kid...anyways... :p

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Also, I know this is kinda speculation but.. With Gut's brand bleeding I wonder who is still there? I don't think it is Zodd...and if it is SK will more then likely still be there. But I wonder...maybe it's that little bastard that was all about Griffith? You know..the kid...anyways...

I couldn't be the kid (Mule), because the brand wouldn't hurt if it was the kid, because he is a human. And he as a army of human.
So... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom