Episode 222

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Well, even if it doesn't make them invisible to the God Hand, the brand does place them outside of the Hand/Idea's direct infludence
Slow down. You might have another "idea." Hey, I have one! Skully is Guts from the future.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Dark Wanderer said:
Hmm, does she indeed say "mistake"? I can't see that with my current level in japanese :'(, but I throught someone said before that she said "decision"?

Flora says: "It may look like people are making the same mistake over and over again, but causality isn't a torus (circle), it's a helix. Those children, they don't have to follow the same path as you and I did."

Although she doesn't say it directly, I think she does imply here that they made some mistake/wrong decision on their path. Interesting observation by the way of the fact that Guts just gained a fresh couple of possible sacrifices.

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Although she doesn't say it directly, I think she does imply here that they made some mistake/wrong decision on their path. Interesting observation by the way of the fact that Guts just gained a fresh couple of possible sacrifices.

Yeah, thinks you're right. Cause if you remember the vol.10 where they talk about 1000 years ago. There was some massacre that occur. So maybe Skully doesn't want that guts fight the same dark path as his, because, maybe (that's just speculation) Skully lose to the wolf inside of him and then... don't konw. But Yeah, I really would like to see a chapter that tells the story of Skully, Flora and Zodd.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
So maybe Skully doesn't want that guts fight the same dark path as his, because, maybe (that's just speculation) Skully lose to the wolf inside of him

Wolf? WTF? Did I miss something or are you just making stuff up?

sendo7

Yeah, sorry, don't speak clearly, I mean to the succubs. Because when I talk about the wolf, I'm speaking the one that Guts saw in his dream from vol.13-25, the one that makes him bites the boobs of Casca.

Ya now ?

sendo7 said:
Yeah, thinks you're right. Cause if you remember the vol.10 where they talk about 1000 years ago. There was some massacre that occur.

I think that should resemble Griffith's empire in the future. I feel that in this case skully resemble more like Griffith!

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
theres too much speculation going on this thing between skully and flora is realy getting interesting as also for schierke she is floras pupile but she seems to be anware of skullknith, even after spending so much time whit flora maybe a little more will be clear whit schierke background story since im guessing that skullys story wont be explained much later towards the end. also this armor what is its downside if its supose to heal gutts? maybe it will feed on its soul will it repairs the same :p

sendo7

Yeah, but what we don't know, if it's Zodd or Skully that was the king. If you take just the look it must be Skully, but maybe Miura makes a trap. We don't know

sendo7

Where did you take this sentence, from vol.09-10 ???
Cause I didn't remember this sentence in the book.
Does Charlotte actually meet Zodd ? cause I don't remember too.

Maybe I'm too old to read manga now.... few my memories is gone ???

Lliugusamui

around the corner
sendo7 said:
Where did you take this sentence, from vol.09-10 ???
Cause I didn't remember this sentence in the book.
Does Charlotte actually meet Zodd ? cause I don't remember too.

Maybe I'm too old to read manga now.... few my memories is gone ???
You misunderstood ... charlotte spoke about tribes 1000 years ago but Zoddo being one of them is just an assumption of mine... ....
Guil

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Walter said:
Slow down. You might have another "idea." Hey, I have one! Skully is Guts from the future.

And pigs might fly :3. Well, interesting theory, but I don't believe that he'd abandon the Dragonslayer :3. But if you follow that theory, what if Flora is the Shiruke from the future? :D.

Dark Wanderer

Mizar said:
Flora says: "It may look like people are making the same mistake over and over again, but causality isn't a torus (circle), it's a helix. Those children, they don't have to follow the same path as you and I did.

Thanks for that small translation ^_^.

Maybe so. Wonder what mistake they made... or rather, where on their path that they did a mistake. It'll be interesting to see...

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
Though this seems to infer that the Guts/Skully parallel is accurate, Guts says after he hears all of this that “He is like Griffith.”

I was right. :D

...also, the Kanji on the page regarding the 'mistake' or 'decision'... the word clearly means 'select' or 'choose'. I'm voting on 'the decision that they made'... rather than 'mistake'.

And, the last comment by Flora about seeing the smiling face one last time.. I wonder if that's actually directed at Schierke, or both Skully and Schierke? She mentions that she 'felt the mind of her teacher' immediately after that scene.

Lastly, the mansion may be on fire, but the last scene w/ Skully and Flora took place outside, if I recall. They may well be alive and well (and fighting).

J

Dark Wanderer

Godo said:
Lastly, the mansion may be on fire, but the last scene w/ Skully and Flora took place outside, if I recall. They may well be alive and well (and fighting).

J

I hope so. That'd make things interesting :3. Maybe next chapter will be Gatts & company (+ Skully & Flora) VS the Monster Army & Zodd. I wonder if any of the other "generals" besides Zodd are there, through?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
And pigs might fly :3. Well, interesting theory, but I don't believe that he'd abandon the Dragonslayer :3. But if you follow that theory, what if Flora is the Shiruke from the future? :D.
You couldn't see sarcasm if it did you missionary style.

Also, Dark Wanderer, learn to EDIT your posts, and not make triple posts...

Godo said:
Though this seems to infer that the Guts/Skully parallel is accurate, Guts says after he hears all of this that “He is like Griffith.”

No, it was a bad translation. Keep reading the thread, Olivier points all of the mistranslations out.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Godo said:

Huh? What are you talking about? Guts didn't say the above words.

...also, the Kanji on the page regarding the 'mistake' or 'decision'... the word clearly means 'select' or 'choose'. I'm voting on 'the decision that they made'... rather than 'mistake'.

Yes, that's already been said before. The word 'mistake' is in the sentence right before the one you're referring to. "ayamachi" definitely means "mistake" there.

And, the last comment by Flora about seeing the smiling face one last time.. I wonder if that's actually directed at Schierke, or both Skully and Schierke? She mentions that she 'felt the mind of her teacher' immediately after that scene.

It's directed at Schierke only. There's no indication at all that the message was meant for Skully, too. And Skully can't even smile with a face like his anyways.

Dark Wanderer

Walter said:
You couldn't see sarcasm if it did you missionary style.

Sorry, I have Asperger's syndrome, so seeing/reknogizing sarcasm is sometimes hard for me, so you're certainly not the first one who says that ^^;.

I'll be careful to use the "edit" opinion more in the future, through :).

Dark Wanderer

Walter said:
Don't you mean Assburger ?

Nope..

Edit: and if you by saying that was trying to say that you throught that I wasn't serious when I said that I had Aspergers syndrome, then I can assure you that I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom