Episode 222

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I think the shoulders are too broad to be armor for Caska. Besides, Caska doesn't even wear normal clothes anymore, let alone armor.

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Is it just me, or did anyone else think that spanky new armour looked a tad like Void at (a very brief) first glance?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Walters picture makes no sense. Why would the cape at the back be cut off to expose the spine? It seems to the back is nothing more than a neck guard.

223 couldn't come soon enough!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Walters picture makes no sense. Why would the cape at the back be cut off to expose the spine? It seems to the back is nothing more than a neck guard.
If you were paying attention, the picture I drew is just trying to make sense of what Majin was saying... Anyway, What's all this talk about saying "there's no helmet anywhere" ? Then what is that at the very top of the armor? Just a neck guard my ass. Guts would have to be a giraffe for that to be merely neck armor.

page 3 just confuses the hell out of me... it almost looks like that contraption sitting between the shoulder guards is a visor/helmet or something... but it looks nothing like it should given page 2's rear view...I just can't picture Guts' neck fitting through that thing.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Well, how about if it goes around the back of his head?
gutshelmet.jpg
If it just goes around the back, then what is with the strong highlighting on the edges of the "helmet" ? And the several edges sticking out on each side? Based on the lighting of this shot, there is something in FRONT of the "neck guard", likely a helmet.

well i hate to be picky here, but how hard is this to really see?

the picture of the back isnt that great of a pic, but why not post the pic of the front chestplate to go along with it. i mean with this line of discussion i feel that im the only one that has seen that pic. its pretty obvious from that, and in comparison with the front and back pics on whats a neckguard, and whats potentially a helmet

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
A.S said:
Wouldnt Gutz look really weird with that helmet thing on? With 2 spikes sticking out or whatever...

Let's wait an see just how "weid" it'll look in the next chapter, if he gets the armor in the next chapter, that's it. But Miura usually makes cool armors, so I don't think we should worry too much about weird-looking ^_^

Btw, wat kind of magic properties does the armor have? Will it help Gutz to camoflauge into any surrounding or even turn him invisible at night? Or is it so tough and strong that not even cannon can blow through it?

I need more speculations from u guys...

Dark Wanderer

Majin Tenshi said:
the talisman appears to be written into the armor.

True, but if it wasn't there before, then was the armor magical before or not? If it was just a normal armor,t hen the talisman will have imbued the armor with magical properties, but if the armor was magical before, then what froa did was merely adding another ability to the armor, meaning that only the "talisman" part of the armor will protect him from the spirits, not the armor itself :3

First of all, greetings all, since i'm new here :D

I was wondering a lot about this armor and the mistake SK made before. I think SK might have used this armor before, and actually, he got kind of sucked in another realm (ghost ?) by it (that could explain why his has such powers) ;)

But yet, it's just a theory of mine (and since i'm not english, it was a little hard to explain it correctly :p)

I really think the armor itself is magic since the picture on page 3, when they talk about it, seems to focus on the piece of armor (the talisman was drawn on the other part of the armor, and no talisman is visible on the spiked part of the armor).

Here again, just speculation. ;D

(i hope what someone understood what i tried to say ::) )

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Dark Wanderer said:
True, but if it wasn't there before, then was the armor magical before or not? If it was just a normal armor,t hen the talisman will have imbued the armor with magical properties, but if the armor was magical before, then what froa did was merely adding another ability to the armor, meaning that only the "talisman" part of the armor will protect him from the spirits, not the armor itself :3

Well, it belongs to Flora, so the chances that the armor itself is magical are pretty high. But I don't think there's enough information just yet to go speculating on what those powers might be. If it's magic and in Berserk, it could be just about anything.

Dark Wanderer

kimchan said:
Well, it belongs to Flora, so the chances that the armor itself is magical are pretty high. But I don't think there's enough information just yet to go speculating on what those powers might be. If it's magic and in Berserk, it could be just about anything.

Well, i think it's magical anyway. Skully would hardly have said that the armor is dangerous if it was just a protection against evil spirits.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
gutshelmet.jpg

I would just like to point out with the red squares that you can see the sides of what looks to be a face guard that can go up and down. So hopefully that will sway the people to think that there IS a helmet for Guts.

Yar

Dark Wanderer said:
Well, i think it's magical anyway. Skully would hardly have said that the armor is dangerous if it was just a protection against evil spirits.

True! But wat danger do u think it will bring to the weaer? Will it control the mind of the wearer or consuming the spirit of the wearer?

Anyway, do u think it will be cool if the armor can meld into the surrounding and turn invisible? It will be like Gutz in a Predator movie! 8)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
A.S said:
Anyway, do u think it will be cool if the armor can meld into the surrounding and turn invisible? It will be like Gutz in a Predator movie! 8)

there isn't a long enough elipsis in all the world.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
A.S said:
True! But wat danger do u think it will bring to the weaer? Will it control the mind of the wearer or consuming the spirit of the wearer?

Once again, there are (and should be) some limits to speculation.

*Why am I bothering? ::)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom