Recently noticed..

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Why don't Caska and Guts' brands bleed during the eclipse? I mean, they'd be spraying with blood just from being close to Griffith. But they don't even drip once!

Now, I thought it might have been because they were in a different dimension so the pressence of the God Hand would be different? Then ZKK reminded me about volume 13 when Guts met with Femto again.

So could it be that the brand only reacts in certain dimensions? Or didn't it bleed at the time because it had only recently been scolded into their skin?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Why don't Caska and Guts' brands bleed during the eclipse? I mean, they'd be spraying with blood just from being close to Griffith. But they don't even drip once!
Are you crazy? Look when Femto first touches Casca's boob... Keep turning the page if that wasn't proof enough, there are several more panels of it bleeding.

Now, I thought it might have been because they were in a different dimension so the pressence of the God Hand would be different? Then ZKK reminded me about volume 13 when Guts met with Femto again.
I guess you mean volume 3...
So could it be that the brand only reacts in certain dimensions?
Both volume 3 and 13 are in the Nexus. And let me reiterate that the brands are bleeding... You just aren't looking hard enough.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Okay, so they are bleeding , but they're not bleeding as dramatically! Look how Guts' brand is puking out blood in volume 3!

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
In volume 3,Guts tries to ignore the pain caused by the brand.The fact he tries to fight against it explains why it bleeds so much:the more you fight is,the more it bleeds.But during the Eclipse the brand doesn't seem to inflict upon him that much pain.Only afterwards does the brand start to be painful in the presence of Apostles.Why,you ask?Because he wasn't supposed to survive the Eclipse and is now constantly reminded through the brand that he's still a sacrifice.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oltobaz said:
The fact he tries to fight against it explains why it bleeds so much:the more you fight is,the more it bleeds.
Bullshit case #1: Guilty of no evidence.

But during the Eclipse the brand doesn't seem to inflict upon him that much pain. Only afterwards does the brand start to be painful in the presence of Apostles.
Bullshit case #2: Guilty of assumption. Guts was too busy wiping his ass with apostles to bother with "pain" during the eclipse.

Uriel said:
Okay, so they are bleeding , but they're not bleeding as dramatically! Look how Guts' brand is puking out blood in volume 3!
It's bleeding. If you want more you can always color it in with a magic marker, or even your own blood.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Dude,that's the way I see it,if you don't fine by me...When I read vol 3 it strikes me as being obvious.Of course it's not actually written,but the images speak for themselves.
About the Eclipse,aren't you the one who's assuming too much?The pain he usually feels from the brand is too powerful for him not to notice,busy as he may be.And don't tell me that's because he's through a "Supa Sayajin Berserk mode":look at the other hawks,they don't look like they're in pain either,through the brand that is.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oltobaz said:
Dude,that's the way I see it,if you don't fine by me...When I read vol 3 it strikes me as being obvious.Of course it's not actually written,but the images speak for themselves.

If that's just the way you see it then why phrase it as if it's fact? "I think..." or "It seems to me..." is much more akin to speculation.

Uriel said:

True enough though, But compare to vol 3 and vol 13 the only different is that the 1st part Gutz fought and the other he was pinned down. These give me a conclusion that the reason why the blood is gashing out is becz Gutz tries to attack Femto, otherwise he had already bled to death be4 he could get near Griffith

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
In Volume 3 doesn't Femto say something along the lines of, "If you get to close to a God Hand the pain can kill you." But in the eclipse Femto is screwing Caska and she survives. Do the God Hand have control over the brand to where they can make it not cause pain? Or maybe Caska wasn't close to Femto long enough. That might be why she's insane (A bad guess.)

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Dragon Slayer said:
In Volume 3 doesn't Femto say something along the lines of, "If you get to close to a God Hand the pain can kill you." But in the eclipse Femto is screwing Caska and she survives. Do the God Hand have control over the brand to where they can make it not cause pain? Or maybe Caska wasn't close to Femto long enough. That might be why she's insane (A bad guess.)

Maybe God Hands lower their absolute terror fields during mating season or something.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Dragon Slayer said:
Mental Casca may be dead, actually. She's totally blank, only the body survived(hopefully not for the future of Guts, btw)
Guil

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
I'm not sure I fully agree with you Walter.

Apart from when Caska is actually being abused and raped by Femto, throughout the rest of the Eclipse we don't actually see any other brands bleeding do we? I know its kind of hard to tell with Guts - he's drenched in blood for most of the event, and surprisingly we never see much focus on his brand. But going by what we've seen with Guts' brand around Apostle in other areas of the manga, and I assumed that the creatures present at the Eclipse that were ripping the Hawks to shreds were Apostles, as the members of the Hawks and being chased and "handled" by them, I don't think we see a single bleeding brand.

And as has already been mentioned, after having seen how Guts' brand poured blood when he faced Femto in volume 3, added to how Caska's brand violently reacted, and her inability to keep standing due to pain in volume 22 after being saved by Griffith, is it safe to say that how the brands reacted during "the" Eclipse could indicate something a bit different going on? Of which could be open for speculation, no?

As for the pain, I'm guessing that having a wound such as the brand just inflicted upon ones self would be painful to say the least in its own right - and for quite some time - so any pain in the brand that may or may not have been caused by the surrounding critters probably wouldn't have been evident due to the pain already being there from having the brand scorched/cut into ones flesh... maybe. Heh as far reaching and totally improbable as it is, Caska's brand may simply have been bleeding from it being a fresh wound... - nah.

Hm, I'm also not sure there’s enough red magic markers in the world to color Berserk ;D.

btw did Gutz puked his blood again other than in vol3?

If not then i conclude that only happened once, and Gutz only tried to attack the God hand once, (and that was Femto) so is this concidence?

I m not sure whether i m right or wrong but from what i gather above is that when Gutz try to attack any God Hand members his brand will then only spill out blood.

This is the best explanation i can find!

Seems logical, at least when Slann came for Guts, the brand didn't go as nuts as the time with Femto. Now, on the other hand one could say that's because Slann wasn't totally there, taking on the body parts of the trolls, but the wound she inflicted isn't healing for the explicit reason that it was caused by a member of god hand. If Guts saw Slann and charged like he did with Griff, his brand might have owned him like last time.

Let me reiterate. You can say that it was just the trollguts form that didn't make the brand go nuts, but there is evidence that the physical form has little impact on the level of power that the demon has. Even though Slann was made of troll parts, she could STILL inflict incredible wounds that not only went right through his armor, but his spiritual strength as well. She could STILL summon trolls/ogres/demons on a whim. And she STILL made mincemeat of Guts in seconds. Trolls sure as hell couldn't rip Gut's armor, his body, and his spirit apart, so how the hell could Slann do it while made of troll parts?

Though her physical form wasn't its usual self, her spiritual form was still quite obviously godhand. Her spiritual, ethereal, whatever you want to call it form/presence was there, and for that reason I think the reason for Gut's brand reacting differently in that situation than it did when he charged and Femto and tried to kill him has little, if anything at all to do with the physical form of the evil entity in question.

Consider this: spirits that haven't yet possessed bodies causes the brand to bleed. It doesn't matter the body possessed or the size, it's the strength of the evil spirit itself. Also consider how many spirits exit the body of a fallen apostle (tree apostle, Wyld, etc.)

Thus, I agree with the logic that if you are branded and approach an evil entity, you'll bleed more and get hurt more than if it approached you. It might be some sort of built in defense measure for god hands against the branded, or just a convenient plot device, who knows.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Also consider how many spirits exit the body of a fallen apostle (tree apostle, Wyld, etc.)

I thought the "spirits " were some kind of vortex of those souls who had gone to hell. The same ones that took the Snail Count as well as Wyald?

Nice avatar. I like Locus.

LG

Swordsman in Sable said:
I think the reason for Gut's brand reacting differently in that situation than it did when he charged and Femto and tried to kill him has little, if anything at all to do with the physical form of the evil entity in question.

It was still not her true form! Yes u maybe right that even her manifestion can be incredible strong, but that only goes to show how powerful Slann is!

If Gutz had met Slann true physical form and tried to attack her, The brand will still explode like it did before in vol 3!

Swordsman in Sable said:
Thus, I agree with the logic that if you are branded and approach an evil entity, you'll bleed more and get hurt more than if it approached you. It might be some sort of built in defense measure for god hands against the branded, or just a convenient plot device, who knows.

Didnt u notice that it was Slann herself that approach Gutz and not the other way round? She had told Skully that she specially pay a visit to Gutz!

Top Bottom