Any hope for Casca?

any of you guys see her becoming sane anytime soon? it kills me to see casca in the state she's in. and now, once again, afraid of Guts....so sad....

*plus she would be a lot more usefull than farnese

Re:any hope for casca????

DiS | cYpHeR said:
any of you guys see her becoming sane anytime soon? it kills me to see casca in the state she's in. and now, once again, afraid of gatsu....so sad....

I dun think there was any hope rite now, not anywhere near from here, perhap in the far future she will regain some of her sanity :)

BTW, welcome on board! ;D ;D ;D

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Seeing the new relationship casca-farnese I'd say Casca won't be sane soon, we should wait till Elfhelm maybe (which could be in many volumes)
Guil

Guil Torchonlskyon said:
We should wait till Elfhelm maybe (which could be in many volumes)
Guil

Btw Guil, I think they might not even had the chance to reach there...

Gutz

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

I doubt it will be soon, but it'd be great if she'd become sane sometime.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.

Even if she were to become sane, I doubt that she'd be the same kick-ass Caska we all grew-up to know and love before the eclipse. She would have to do a lot of adjusting to what happened to her, everyone, and Griffith. She would still be able to fight as we've seen with those three dirty old men, but I don't see her having the same drive that she had when she was in the Band of the Hawks.

G

Genn21

When casca becomes sane and theres still that big "IF" she will have a lot of paranoia and mental unstabileness for all that time she was in a flipped out state hideing from the grim face of reality. I see her return to sanity possible tho her damage is not neurological ( physical brain damage )it's just pyscho emotional and that can be fixed. This casca that returns tho might... not be the one everyone grew to love she .. proboly wont be the same woman that stood for feminine strenth in the hawk's. She will be scared and she wont know why . There will be a lot of people she need's to take that fear out upon that she has learned to call her friend's in the past.

Genn21 said:
I see her return to sanity possible tho her damage is not neurological ( physical brain damage )it's just pyscho emotional and that can be fixed. .

If she is cured somehow, then will she hate or fear Gutz like what she be4? Or will she start to picking up any weapons and advanced to hawk army confronting Griffith?

I wonder what would happen if the recovered Caska met the reborn Griffith!

Miyu

A.S said:
I wonder what would happen if the recovered Caska met the reborn Griffith!

If Caska does regain her sanity and becomes more of the strong 'take no shit from anyone' woman she used to be, she would rip Griffith's balls off.

But if she doesn't quite get to the point of being the strong kick-ass woman she was, she'll probably tell Guts to rip Griffith's balls off and cry over her shattered dream.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!

Miyu said:
If Caska does regain her sanity and becomes more of the strong 'take no shit from anyone' woman she used to be, she would rip Griffith's balls off.

She never really was that kind of woman. She'd gladly have taken tons (metric ones) of shit from Griffith and called it candy, and she sort of did.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry

Makkuro said:
She never really was that kind of woman. She'd gladly have taken tons (metric ones) of shit from Griffith and called it candy, and she sort of did.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

Right you are. She would take metric tonnes from Griffith and give it to Guts.

I'm probably going to get flambed for this one but... in many ways I prefer Farnese over Casca. Casca was shoved into an autistic state just when her best character development would have started. And she did need to develop. So, in a way, she's frozen and for me the tension in her story is ebbing. I'm starting to not care if she gets killed because she isn't moving anywhere. She's just Guts' albatross.

I want to see her actually choose Guts rather than using him like Griffith used Charlotte. Like a stand-in. (This all applies to before she went insane.)

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!

typhonblue said:

I'm probably going to get flambed for this one but... in many ways I prefer Farnese over Casca. Casca was shoved into an autistic state just when her best character development would have started. And she did need to develop. So, in a way, she's frozen and for me the tension in her story is ebbing. I'm starting to not care if she gets killed because she isn't moving anywhere. She's just Guts' albatross.

I want to see her actually choose Guts rather than using him like Griffith used Charlotte. Like a stand-in. (This all applies to before she went insane.)

I agree with you Caska is getting on my nerves slightly and I think she'd better become sane soon or else I would like to see her dead... Then Guts might ''hook up'' with Farnese

TheBlackSwordsman

I can't fight this dark demon within me any longer

Dragon Slayer said:
I agree with you Caska is getting on my nerves slightly and I think she'd better become sane soon or else I would like to see her dead... Then Guts might ''hook up'' with Farnese
Well... I doubt that Guts would end up wanting to be with Farnese if Caska died. He really loves and is pretty devoted to Caska. I mean he's gotta love her, he keeps her around despite her mental retarded state, and he went to all that trouble of saving her from Mozgus. But if Caska did die Guts, probably wouldn't ever be with another woman again, he'd just go even more berserk and even more bent on revenge, especially against who ever might've killed Caska. But I do agree Caska is kind of getting anonying, so she either needs to get cured soon, or they need to leave her at elfheim for a good while.

Dragon Slayer said:
Then Guts might ''hook up'' with Farnese

And wat do u think will be the reaction of Serpico? ::)

Indeed if Caska is dead... Well, Gutz might even go crazy and begin to kill anything in its path! And he will choose to die or kill Griffith. Dun forget Gutz live only for 2 reasons, that is to get revenge and protect Caska!

Miyu

TheBlackSwordsman said:
But I do agree Caska is kind of getting anonying, so she either needs to get cured soon, or they need to leave her at elfheim for a good while.

Where's a giant Mandragora when you need it?

But you are right Makkuro. I did forget about that. After all, Griffith was her dream. But I see Caska as really more of a test for Gutts' character. When he first meets Puck, he says that he hates weak people, but right now the love of his life can barely take care of herself. Yes, Caska really is more of Guts' albatross, but I think Miura may have something else big in mind for her in later chapters, especially now that Griffith's on the lose again.

In regards to the Guts "hooking up" with Farnese question, I personally hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually happened (barring some strange circumstances).

G

Genn21

typhonblue said:

There's a human trait called senimental value. Miura increases Gut's emotional perspetive to us , by giveing casca this quality unto him.

Farnese maybe the ex-zealout goody girlscout but she doesent compare tho the math between gut's & casca. No the argument that she's cute & blond will not work either thats for serpico to spoon up.

I agree tho a lively casca is much more interesting than a deep dark one who only has flashback's of her ecplise terror. What's a comic character in a catatonic state compareing to one that's doing jumping jacks and fighting monsters. It's like compareing still life to real life , sure arts fun to stare at all day but shit does get boreing and gut's want's action as much as the reader.

DiS | cYpHeR said:
any of you guys see her becoming sane anytime soon? it kills me to see casca in the state she's in. and now, once again, afraid of gatsu....so sad....

*plus she would be a lot more usefull than farnese
Any of you guys have played sword of the berserk for the DC? Remember, she became temporarily sane when she was possessed by those mandragora? Is it possible that Mr. Miura will come back to that game's story and include it in one of his future volumes when he finally decides that it is time to cure poor ol' Casca from her...situation?

Bill

Daydreaming....

Possibly. But I think Casca won't be sane for a long while and possibly the cure having to do with Griffith. Maybe he'll just take pity on her and heal her... or the elves but that'll be a few volumes away anyways.

Miyu

toybitzz said:
Any of you guys have played sword of the berserk for the DC? Remember, she became temporarily sane when she was possessed by those mandragora? Is it possible that Mr. Miura will come back to that game's story and include it in one of his future volumes when he finally decides that it is time to cure poor ol' Casca from her...situation?

That was one of the most touching scenes in a game I've ever seen. But I do wonder how much of the game storyline was approved by Miura beforehand. Anyone know?

Miyu said:
That was one of the most touching scenes in a game I've ever seen. But I do wonder how much of the game storyline was approved by Miura beforehand. Anyone know?
Most of it, I'd ASSUME since he was the executive supervisor for the Dreamcast game, whatever that position means. Besides, I'm sure he wouldn't allow anything in that game's story to jeopardize the integrity and credibility of the original manga's story.

i thought he wrote the story...anyways i believe Casca will return to normal but not anytime soon, but to say she should die? thats pretty harsh a character shouldnt be judged mearly on there combat skills...on a side note how many times has this topic been discussed now?

O

Ozmo

Casca will definetly heal eventually. Miura himself said the story will "have a happy ending" and I doubt he'd be cruel enough to leave her like that for too long anyway. :)

Hmmm... too long... she's been like that for over half of the series... oh well. :)

Ozmo said:
Casca will definetly heal eventually. Miura himself said the story will "have a happy ending" and I doubt he'd be cruel enough to leave her like that for too long anyway. :)

That "happy ending" might mean a eternal rest for them...

Locke11

Oompa Loompas For Sale!!!

Anyone knows Miuras Definition of happy? Just them dieing without being bound to hell would probley work for him. Them dieing without the brand would mostlikely be a "Happy Ending" for Miura.

Anyways, If Caska was to die, Guts little inner child... erm inner beast would bust out and kick some major apostle ass.

Also, Just a little wierd Speculation, what if this apostle armor of legendary heros, "The band of the Hawk" was actually the revived old band of the hawk with some extras, seems like something Miura would do. Imagain one of them huge apostles, reverting to its human state (still controlled by the god hand) as Judeau, or Pippen, Corkus anyone?

Locke11 said:
Imagain one of them huge apostles, reverting to its human state (still controlled by the god hand) as Judeau, or Pippen, Corkus anyone?

I did have this idea once, but someone here mentioned that once a sarcificed person dies, his spirit is also sarcificed to the god, which mean it was like being consumed and they will never exist ever again... :'(

Top Bottom