Japanese comedy sketch... parody or intentionally racist???

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Probably a lot of you guys have seen this video clip already. It's quite offensive for those people sensitive about racism... but I found the clip absurdly funny. Someone told me it was a Japanese comedy sketch routine:

Tokyo Breakfast

Try right-clicking and saving it, then viewing it unless you want to watch it in a small window within Internet explorer (too lazy to switch that option off... :p).

G

Genn21

Bok choy big g nigga youve earned your cool point's today that was hilarious. It's just a mockery of american culture. A whole lot of countires do that. hell even we think some sorts of sub cultures within our own are completly busted up funka p didle dumpster style aka STUPPPPIIID.

I think this could also be making fun all those gang banger asian kid's. ( the ones who drive souped up toyota's have insanly sexy girlfriend's and got the bling bling in there clothing and dialect. )

dumbass%20on%20roof.jpg

really who wouldnt laugh at a culture of rebel's who try to push the world toward being no#1, and act like this ?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
You know... I think racial stereotypes are just about one of the funniest things ever. Though...being in the Marine Corps has warped my mind some...damn near all of us are unbalanced one way or another.... anyways what I was saying.

To many people are way uptight thus they think they have to defend everything fucking thing that offends them. My example is Kyle's mother from South Park. Now unfortunately there are people like that who think they have to change every single wrong thing out there in the world.

I think that if you can't make fun of yourself you will never grow as a person. Why? Because you will never accept criticism from anyone and you wont take what they said to heart.

Me and my friends make fun of each other all the damn time.. Like one of my African American brotha's.. I say crap to him like... What comes to mind when I say... Follow the north star? Anyways, I'm ranting so I'll stop.

PEOPLE SHOULD LOOSEN UP!!! WWWEEEEEEOOOOUUUU! :-*

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Kyle's mother from South Park...dude, that brings back memories of the song too..remember...KYLE'S MOTHER IS A BITCH IN D MINOR.

LOL

LG

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
Tokyo Breakfast is fairly old... I saw it at least 3 years ago. Yes, it was quite comical, and there were plenty of kids at college saying, "Nigga gone fishin'," but I never took it as racist. The use of the term "nigga" by many races here, not just by black people, has been more and more common in the past decade, mostly due to rap and hip-hop becoming a more prevalent popular music to not only whites, but almost every race, and not only just in America. Look at some of the top selling groups in Japan... Globe, M-Flo, Rip Slyme... all of these (ok, ok... Globe is a bad example) are influenced by American hip-hop, mainly produced by black people. The skit shouldn't be looked at as a parody of black people, but how what were once an enslaved minority group in America has created their own piece of culture that is being recognized and popularized around the world. One of the funny things about "Tokyo Breakfast" is that they use the word "nigga" so much, you assume they don't quite understand the true meaning of the word - instead it has become a popularized expression used in the music they listen to. Another way to look at this skit is showing more how American culture has really integrated itself into Japan's culture in the last few decades. As for being racist... yes, maybe Jesse James would watch this and declare it an international incident, but if someone with a clear head sat down to watch... I don't think they would be racially offended.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Jesse James or Jesse Jackson?

Jesse James was the American outlaw of the 1880's. He probably was a former slaveholder too.

LG

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I think the best part of Tokyo Breakfast for me was watching the Japanese subtitles and reading it while they are trashtalking. "What's up nigga!" is subtitled as "O genki desu-ka?" It's just makes it that much more hilarious.

Boonki

Lady Griffith said:
Jesse James or Jesse Jackson?

Jesse James was the American outlaw of the 1880's. He probably was a former slaveholder too.

LG

LOL... sorry, other things on my mind this morning when I was writing that.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Bok Choy [Stir-fried with Rice] said:
Probably a lot of you guys have seen this video clip already. It's quite offensive for those people sensitive about racism... but I found the clip absurdly funny. Someone told me it was a Japanese comedy sketch routine:

Tokyo Breakfast

Try right-clicking and saving it, then viewing it unless you want to watch it in a small window within Internet explorer (too lazy to switch that option off... :p).

ah, god it's been 3 years since i saw that...I gound it looking fir mr show episodes...but the word racism makes no sense...humanity is a race, azns, whites, latinos, and blacks are not races. but truly it seems to be about 10x less offensive than the bullshit hollywood spits out.

Boonki

I was thinking about this again while watching the movie channel's previews for movies this month, reminding me of the movie Undercover Brotha.

why is it there are so many mr. show fans here? It usually seems noones heard of it. I was working on making VCDs of MS but for some reason only a few of the episodes will rip right. and they're interlaced, which is a pain.

I find the word nigga offensive, and i'm white. most black people say it with pride. there are just as many white people against racism as black people (and for it, too). Now people are so afraid of racism, minorities get special treatment, and still complain! it's like the person who beat you up complaining about hurting his knuckles on you. or something like that. There are plenty of anti-white people out there, though white people pretend they aren't there out of guilt.

If I bet up a black guy, it's a hate crime. Black guy beats up me, it's just a crime. Fuck that! we'll never achieve real equality until we're all just one big mutt race. Maybe if some people would grow the fuck up, too.

But with everyone taking advantage of their race, EXCEPT white people, it really doesn't lead to ending "playing the race card". I mean look at chris rock, If he wasn't black he'd have nothing to talk about!

G

Genn21

Mr. Show rocks ! no one can help it that david cross =s some lowly avatar of God the man's sweetdamn awsome Mangydude. Btw feel free to burn those cd's i would love a copy or two of mr show.

Racism is a fad Mangy the only ones who promote it are low self esteem people with a dent in there rational spectrum of WERE BIG TOUGH GUY'S Or people who are crazy enough to beleive that by some divine will they are superior... give me a break.

Soul Blader

My blade seeks vengeance!!
Im black and I didnt find Tokyo Breakfast offensive but I also dont see why its so funny.Its been done before and better. Its just a bunch of Japanese people saying nigga alot every 3 seconds thats it.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Soul Blader said:
Im black and I didnt find Tokyo Breakfast offensive but I also dont see why its so funny.Its been done before and better. Its just a bunch of Japanese people saying nigga alot every 3 seconds thats it.

I think it's just commenting on how many asians like to act "gansta" to each other in North America. I have been called "dawg" and "nigga" by so many of my chinese, vietnamese, and East Indian friends, it's almost a parody of itself.

G

Genn21

Bok Choy [Stir-fried with Rice] said:
I think it's just commenting on how many asians like to act "gansta" to each other in North America. I have been called "dawg" and "nigga" by so many of my chinese, vietnamese, and East Indian friends, it's almost a parody of itself.

:D , Hmm bok choy coulllddd beeeee.

I think this could also be making fun all those gang banger asian kid's. ( the ones who drive souped up toyota's have insanly sexy girlfriend's and got the bling bling in there clothing and dialect. )

I would'nt seriously doubt thecontent of this is not a african american subculure. It actully seems like the asian subculture that spawned off it thats the joke at hand.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Yeah Genn21, I know you already posted about that... but sometimes, people are too lazy to read the beginning of the thread or just skims through it. Anyhow, I just wanted to respond to his point quickly rather than referring back to your post.

Top Bottom