Anyone here ever cosplay at a convention?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I plan to cosplay Kazuma the Shell Bullet at the next convention I go to. I was onfortunatly unable to go to A-kon this year.

As for Berserk characters, I'm 6' and 135lbs, which character should I cosplay.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Majin Tenshi said:
I plan to cosplay Kazuma the Shell Bullet at the next convention I go to. I was onfortunatly unable to go to A-kon this year.

Bah... most anime characters are stick figures anyways. You could be Griffith... he has somewhat of a lithe figure although he does have muscle tone.

You should work out or eat some more Majin! :eek: I'm two inches shorter than you and I weigh almost 40 pounds more than you and I'm still relatively skinny compared to the behemoths at my gym. Gain some weight and grow your hair out long, then, we can see something about that Griffith outfit. You'll be a certified hit among the women at A-Kon next year... :D

Majin_Tenshi

1. Eating more won't help. Everything I eat practicaly evaporates. High metabolism. I have started lifting weights some more though.

2. I'd have to bleach my hair, which I'm told would prety much destroy it. Its down to just about my ears right now, thats still a ways to grow.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I have thought about it...But then I think I would cross the "line" of a mediocer fan and hardcore OTAKU!!!!!!

I think I could play a decent Guts just as long as I slim down some...5'11" and 235...

Also if I get my hair back instead of this farking high reg that they gave me...bastards... >:(

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I have thought about it...But then I think I would cross the "line" of a mediocer fan and hardcore OTAKU!!!!!!

I think I could play a decent Guts just as long as I slim down some...5'11" and 235...

Also if I get my hair back instead of this farking high reg that they gave me...bastards... >:(

Just lift more weights...lift that Dragonslayer!!!!!!

Of course. Who would I be???

Slann.

LG

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
I think I would be Femto, but I'm afraid the costume will be very hard to do, though.

Void would be cool as well, but I'll first have to find a suitable alternative to the exposition of my own brain. ;)

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I've cosplayed as lots of typical Asian women with long black hair, i.e. Achika (Tenchi-Muyo in Love), Vampire Princess Miyu, Minmei (but only once for a cosplay, I swear I'll never do it again), Female Maze, and Kaoru (Kenshin).

Unfortunatly, that doesn't leave me much in terms of cosplaying as anyone from the Berserk world. But if it makes everyone feel better, I'm planning a Sadako (Ringu) costume at Nekocon this year :)

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Majin Tenshi said:

bakiraka.jpg

Guess which one.

Majin_Tenshi

But then I'll be mistaken from that guy... from that comercial... the one at the beach who likes wolverine too much.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Lady Griffith said:
Just lift more weights...lift that Dragonslayer!!!!!!

Well I can get one of those long weighted poles that people use for aerobics and what not and swing that at a pretty decent speed. It's a good way to build of your shoulders. I started with 9lb's and am now up to 15lb's. Although I am well aware that the DS is well over 100lb's :-X

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well I can get one of those long weighted poles that people use for aerobics and what not and swing that at a pretty decent speed. It's a good way to build of your shoulders. I started with 9lb's and am now up to 15lb's. Although I am well aware that the DS is well over 100lb's :-X

Which shoulder exercise? I just use something with back support and lift the free weights over my shoulders and clank them together before lowering them down to shoulder level again to repeat the same futile exercise again. My knowledge of shoulder exercises is extremely limited.

We need someone who can lift at least 200lbs on shoulder presses (and don't forget arm strength... Guts must have crazy tris... ) to easily handle this hypothetical Dragonslayer.

Anyhow, it's futile. I think most of us guys here are way too short to cosplay as Guts anyhow. :-[

KS

eyes? who needs eyes?!
how tall is he supposed to be anyway? ???

and for shoulder exercises, you should do stuff with resistance bands... or with those pulley machines... you need to do excersizes that you only rotate your shoulders... like start with arms at your sides, and raise your hands to shoulder level, then repeat... another one is start sideways, with your arm at a 90 degree angle with your body, and then pull down the have your arm flat against your side... all these slowly with light weights at first... there are a ton more that i did during physical therapy for my shoulders.. but those two are the easiest to explain :D

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
KS said:
how tall is he supposed to be anyway? ???

According to this artbook I have, he's supposed to be 183 to 185 cm. There are about 30 cm to a foot, which makes him around 6 feet 1.6 inches.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Well the whole shoulder thing isnt that big of a deal... anyways ...I would like to see a female do proper homage to Slan...Mmmm....evil sultry b00bies...... ;D

G

Genn21

Bok Choy [Stir-fried with Rice] said:
Which shoulder exercise? I just use something with back support and lift the free weights over my shoulders and clank them together before lowering them down to shoulder level again to repeat the same futile exercise again. My knowledge of shoulder exercises is extremely limited.

We need someone who can lift at least 200lbs on shoulder presses (and don't forget arm strength... Guts must have crazy tris... ) to easily handle this hypothetical Dragonslayer.

Anyhow, it's futile. I think most of us guys here are way too short to cosplay as Guts anyhow. :-[

Guts is about 5.5 feet normally the rest of his build is pure muscle it look's like. This would add a .6 inches makeing him at least 6.1 by the blackswordsman arc. Swinging the d.g around so much has incredibly strengthened his calves chest & back muscles ( all that damn running & acrobatic's doesent make his legs to small either. ) to be heavily more increased than they would be on a normal man. This would be a needed height advantage. You would also need the proper costume. I dont see it as a incredible use of time creating a dragon slayer , metal arm , leather pants, than to go as a guy with Gut's on a white shirt :)

M

medievald00d

Genn21 said:
Guts is about 5.5 feet normally the rest of his build is pure muscle it look's like. This would add a .6 inches makeing him at least 6.1 by the blackswordsman arc. Swinging the d.g around so much has incredibly strengthened his calves chest & back muscles ( all that damn running & acrobatic's doesent make his legs to small either. ) to be heavily more increased than they would be on a normal man. This would be a needed height advantage. You would also need the proper costume. I dont see it as a incredible use of time creating a dragon slayer , metal arm , leather pants, than to go as a guy with Gut's on a white shirt :)

Newb here, Just so u guys know

Guts looks more like 6.5 feet....he's easily a head taller than anyone in the manga...with the exception of the apostles and demons...

The proper costume also requires armour, and plastic armour looks terrible. I would suggest having an armourer making your armour....Someone like Jeff Hedgecock.

Oh yea, and you would also have very strengthened forearms....If anyone has ever swung a sword a couple of times, even a wooden one, they would know that the forearms are one of the first muscles to get sore...(either that, or my forearms are just plain weak..)

G

Genn21

Well lets see rickerts about 4.3 ft something and gut's can easily fit 1.6x rickerts
id say about 6.4 to be on the money give or take a inch. Hes no where near 8 ft tho people like that cant barely even fit through most doorwars and gut's seems go throughthe doors or under the doorways just fine.

His forearm's are about 1.2 ft thick youd need to be like creatine steriod pumped he-man before you jumped in the a-kon. a wooden replica sword the size of his would be about 100+ lbs ( hallow out the center paying nearly 150 )itl be about 60. still try walking around the block with a 60 pnd weighted pole. Its no stroll in the park.

M

medievald00d

well, actually, swords are surprisingly light. Most people thing they're a really heavy, but a claymore, which is 5 feet long, is only 6 pounds. I would estimate that the DS is...20-30 pounds. I didnt say 8 feet, i said 6.5 feet. I dont think anyone could be 8 feet...

Majin_Tenshi

medievald00d said:
well, actually, swords are surprisingly light. Most people thing they're a really heavy, but a claymore, which is 5 feet long, is only 6 pounds. I would estimate that the DS is...20-30 pounds. I didnt say 8 feet, i said 6.5 feet. I dont think anyone could be 8 feet...
new measurements: DS
length = 1.5m
Width = .3m
Thickness = .08m

total volume = .036m^3

total mass = 282.6kg
try again.

M

medievald00d

Majin Tenshi said:
try again.
alright...you have to tell me how you got 282.6 kg....
I calculated the mass using grams per cm, assuming that it was 55.85 grams per cubic cm (molar mass of iron, that is what the DS is made out of right?)
i calculated 2010.6 grams, or 2.01kg...my measurements may be wrong though, feel free to correct me.

btw, if the DS was 282.6 kg, it would weigh more than 2 people. i dont see how someone could hold the handle without breaking it. The weight would be too much.

Ok. i tried again. Feel free to correct me, and if you do, explain how you get 282.6 KG. Just out of curiosity, have you ever held a sword by the handle? i dont think it would be physically possible to lift 282.6 kg's worth of iron without breaking your back (i may be wrong about that too, but 282.6 kg is about the weight of 2 people)

Majin_Tenshi

those are krebs4life's calculations, not mine. I just coppied his corrected version.

he used 7850 kg/m^3 as the density.

.036 m^3 = 36000 cm^3

36000 cm^3 x 55.85 g/cm^3 = 2010600 g
/1000 = 2010kg.

it just got heavier.

M

medievald00d

Majin Tenshi said:
those are krebs4life's calculations, not mine. I just coppied his corrected version.

he used 7850 kg/m^3 as the density.

.36 m^3 = 360000 cm^3

360000 cm^3 x 55.85 g/cm^3 = 20106000 g
/1000 = 20106kg.

it just got heavier.

alright, im tired of arguing this. .036 m^3, not .36 btw. I suppose your calculations are correct. the maximum legal weight of an 18-wheeler is 36288 kilos. thats a little more than twice the DS's now supposed weight. I believe thats physically imposible to wield, let alone carry. I do not believe there is any element/compound, even radioactive, that is as dense as the iron the DS is supposedly carrying. Oh yea, sorry Lady Griffith for highjacking your forum.

one more thing. I will never on earth believe that any sword, even a sword the size of a DS can be more than 40 kilos. If you have actually seen/carried/handled any sword, you would agree with me. Have fun with your 20106 kilo sword.

Oh yea, could you show me kreb4life's calculations? does he have them on a site or something?

Top Bottom