Anime FanBase in your AREA.

I live on Guam. I tiny island in the Pacific. We are a US territory and we all are US citizens.

Guam has had a huge fanbase for Anime for decades, basically because we are less than 3 hours from Japan and 85% of all tourists (over 3 million a year) are from Japan. They bring tons of anime into Guam each year.

Im pretty sure that the Anime "MANIA" as many people call it today, has been here on GUAM way before it reached the mainland U.S. Most people on Guam are a mix of Asian, Micronesian, Chamoru, and Filipino.

Just some fast facts on Anime and the impact it has here on GUAM... ITS been huge for decades.......forget Transformers and HE-MAN! haha 8)

Whats the fanbase like in your neck of the woods?

well, it's basically like a million kids who watch dragon ball z and think they know everything about anime, at least in NJ. say berserk, they say "what the hell is that?". I guess it's good anime is getting more popular in america, but these people have terrible taste. Like my friend tom, now a huge berserk fan, (thanks to me) but he had no clue a manga existed, and his other favorite anime is gundam. I know millions of other people like gundam, but i think it's generic beyond belief, along with most other robot anime. I guess out of the 600 or so out of my school, about 20 or less know about anime that isn't on toonami.

Top Bottom