Author Topic: Episode 223  (Read 53814 times)

Offline Wii wii wii

• Of the Nexus
  • Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Re:Episode 223
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2003, 11:23:04 PM »
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us these treats.Guts and skelly are in it this time even if Guts does beat the big idiot they have Zodd and a army of apostles to get through. And yeah the apostles armor looks like ass, speaking of which do you all like the idea of an apostle army or is it just way overpowered.(*sigh* I miss Locus :'()
My papa loves thee motherfucker

Offline Dark Wanderer

• Of the Interstice
  • I'm evil :p
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2003, 11:23:28 PM »
omg zodd and Guts seem like midgets in front of Grunbeld...

True O_o. I wonder how well he will do against Grunbeld in his weakened state...

Maybe, he'll blow away Guts with one hit and then snort something like "You're not worthy of my effort. Begone!". Also, I wonder if we'll see Guts in his new armor in the current battle, or not? At least, it doesn't seem like he'd have much time to change into it during the current battle, unless Skully/Serpico keept the apostle-army busy while he was doing it...
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me.

Offline Wii wii wii

• Of the Nexus
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2003, 11:32:32 PM »
True O_o. I wonder how well he will do against Grunbeld in his weakened state...

Maybe, he'll blow away Guts with one hit and then snort something like "You're not worthy of my effort. Begone!".
I hope it does not come to that :-\

Offline Grifth

• Of the Interstice
  • ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2003, 12:02:46 AM »
ha wounded or not Guts is gonna kick grunbelds ass and he doenst need no armor! u forget that when Guts is at his worst physical state its when he does his best  ;D

Offline Metal Soldier

« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2003, 12:08:35 AM »
Thanks for the scans, Grunbeld is indeed, a big dude.

Offline roberto999

• Of the Nexus
  • The Black Chick of Darkness
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2003, 12:12:05 AM »
Besides, if Griffith has forbidden them to transform while they're battling before normal people's eyes.
But has he ?And why ? Everyone can see that they are monsters even if they don't transform further. One has only to look at the eyes and teeth of the more human looking (Gruenbeld) to understand
Hey I am reborn

Offline krebs4life

« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2003, 02:52:16 AM »
Replacement costs for starters.  Every time they transform it obliterates the armor.  On top of that, with their power, they shouldn't need armor against most opponents.  

You'd think it'd be more worthwhile to just wear normal clotheing.  At least thats easier to replace.

well majin most apostles that weve seen so far, or at least the ones that seem to act semi-civilized have worn armor.  the snake baron, wyald and zodd, the other apostles that weve come across, their character is so not suited for armor that they shouldnt even be considered.

i cant imagine replacement costs would be that high, considering the ones that do wear armor, dont have to 'transform' each time they put it on, plus when they do fuck up their armor it seems that they either have enough armor that it simply doesnt matter, or armor is readily availible to them.

and why would an apostle march into war without armor on?  i dont think theyd want the whole world to know what they are, and even so i dont think they want to be unnecessarily injured

weve seen apostles in armor throughout the story, i dont see why it only bothers you now
just cause you're buff, don't play tough, cause i'll reverse the Earth and turn your flesh back to dust.

Offline MangyKid Ver.4.5

• Of the Interstice
  • Champion!
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2003, 03:01:39 AM »
that guy on the second page with the horseshoe crab on his head is going to kick all their asses, just you wait and see!
El Pincero: Teacher, Mother, Secret Lover.

Offline namayias

« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2003, 04:15:31 AM »
replacement costs shouldn't be bad, since it seems they use pots, pans and strainers to make there armor.

Thanks for scans OUJI!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 04:27:57 AM by namayias »

Offline secilj

• Of the Interstice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2003, 04:23:03 AM »
Thanks a lot for your great effort, SaiyajinNoOuji.  :)

Quite a good chapter. Grunbeld has introduced himself quite successfully, and we all got a big impression of his BIG body.
I want a somewhat gruesome fight btw Guts and Grunbeld. But I think it's impossible for now cause Guts has been wounded by Lady Slan.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 04:24:02 AM by secilj »

Offline Godo

• Of the Interstice
  • Check out these rippling biceps
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2003, 08:04:04 AM »
Two thoughts:

1. Hey..anyone see the obvious connection between Grunbeld and a dragon? and Guts here's got the dragonslayer.... hmmmmm ....

2. Doesn't Guts's new armor reminiscent of the Count Dracula cloak? Must be the high collar  ???

J
F E E L THE W R A T H OF D R A G O N S L A YE R

Offline Smith

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2003, 10:19:57 AM »
Alright, I don't have time to put them in the HTML so here is the link to the first picture... it goes all the way up to 19 so just change it at the top..

http://kuroikenshi.150m.com/Pics/Current%20YA/Chapter%20223/01.jpg

Work is mad busy right now, enjoy!

OMFG!!!!!  :o :o :o
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

First I m very surprised when i saw this:

Look at the size of Grunbeld! I didnt expect it be that BIG! Not only it is twice the size of human Zodd but the shield alone is even bigger than Guts himself! I thought DS was the largest weapon ever, until i saw this mallet...

Well, Guts really look like a puny opponent against him, hard to decide who will win!

Sigh... waiting for 224 now is even longer than the next christmas  :'(

Btw Oujin! I shall worship u as God now *hands down*  ;D

« Last Edit: July 03, 2003, 12:41:19 PM by Smith »
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline The Perineum Falcon

• Slightly Green, all Ranemaka
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2003, 03:01:14 PM »
i cant believe you people are actually arguing about replacement costs for fictional armor...
youve reached a new low.

and when is the next chapter due? i didnt see a date this time. is it next issue or something?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 03:04:04 PM by ranemaka13 »
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Offline Wii wii wii

• Of the Nexus
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2003, 03:15:49 PM »
I thought DS was the largest weapon ever, until i saw this mallet...

Well, Guts really look like a puny opponent against him, hard to decide who will win!

Sigh... waiting for 224 now is even longer than the next christmas  :'(

Btw Oujin! I shall worship u as God now *hands down*  ;D

I think that the Dragon Slayer is the same size as Grunbeld's war-hammer.

Offline Nosferatubeast

« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2003, 03:48:24 PM »
I think Guts will lose this FIRST encounter with Grunbeld.  I know Miura won't kill Guts here.  At the most, I think Grunbeld will leave Guts for dead.  Skully bails out with Guts(unconscious) on horseback.  Skully finds a way to cure Guts' spiritual injury.  Guts gets his armor and maybe undergo some training, and he'll get the 411 on the Hawks camp.  Proceed to the camp, and use your imagination...

Offline Majin Tenshi

• McCoy Golem!
  • Of the Abyss
  • The can opener went bye-bye...
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2003, 03:50:35 PM »
Two thoughts:

1. Hey..anyone see the obvious connection between Grunbeld and a dragon? and Guts here's got the dragonslayer.... hmmmmm ....

2. Doesn't Guts's new armor reminiscent of the Count Dracula cloak? Must be the high collar  ???

J
1. Yes, I mentioned a few pages back that the DS may live up to its name.
2. That "collar" is actaly two spikes starting from the front of the neck and going back.
Ok, so I leave and come back....

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2003, 04:08:08 PM »
Thanks fot the scans, you are superman.
What I could say about this chapter is that if Miura wants to make it longer the solution of Nosferatu could indeed stand*. This way this Saga has served to show the current condition of the two worlds imerging and introduce Guts new armour.

*or at least have a draw of the two combatants.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 04:20:14 PM by xechnao »
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2003, 04:19:55 PM »
i cant believe you people are actually arguing about replacement costs for fictional armor...
youve reached a new low.
Second that!

Offline Wii wii wii

• Of the Nexus
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2003, 04:20:31 PM »
I think Guts will lose this FIRST encounter with Grunbeld.  I know Miura won't kill Guts here.  At the most, I think Grunbeld will leave Guts for dead.  Skully bails out with Guts(unconscious) on horseback.  Skully finds a way to cure Guts' spiritual injury.  Guts gets his armor and maybe undergo some training, and he'll get the 411 on the Hawks camp.  Proceed to the camp, and use your imagination...
I had not thought of that it's a great idea though maybe Skully will train him or summat.

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2003, 04:39:46 PM »
Another idea is that Grifith show up and Skully parts the scene to encounter him while at the same time Zodd has joined with Guts and together they fight the other apostles.
Neeeee
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.

Offline Nosferatubeast

« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2003, 05:04:13 PM »
Quote from: xechnao *or at least have a draw of the two combatants.
[quote

I don't think this will end in a draw.  A draw to me would mean something like when Zodd and Guts fought on the hills.  Guts was at 100% and Zodd was at 100%, and Griffith called the fight off.  I think Guts and Skully will retreat after Guts takes a beating, or Grunbeld will look down on Guts and withdraw the contest.  Or maybe I'm just underestimating Guts, and he has more stamina and strength then I realize.  Either way I love Berserk and speculating, and I can't wait for chapter 224.

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2003, 05:10:48 PM »
The draw could be sketched to show the progress of the skill and power of Guts but like you I see it impropable.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 05:11:33 PM by xechnao »

Offline Nosferatubeast

« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2003, 05:23:15 PM »
The draw could be sketched to show the progress of the skill and power of Guts but like you I see it impropable.

Yeah it could be sketched to show that, but it seems to me that Miura designed this scene for Guts to lose.  I mean he fought 100+ trolls and Slann back to back.  No armor, no spiritual energy, and the beast is cold turkey!  Surrounded by hordes of apostles...not to mention THE apostle Zodd himself.  Unless Skully intervenes Guts is soup.  But we won't know for sure until the next chapter.

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2003, 05:43:39 PM »
As I said maybe Zodd teams up with Guts and together they give a hell of a fight to the other apostles.

Offline Wereallmad

• Of the Nexus
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2003, 05:59:25 PM »
youve reached a new low.

and when is the next chapter due? i didnt see a date this time. is it next issue or something?

Now wait a miniute, the thread hasn't gotten that bad ye

As I said maybe Zodd teams up with Guts and together they give a hell of a fight to the other apostles.

Oh, there we go. Well at least no one is dragging down the thread by speculating that Grunbeld is Guts' father, and Zoddo is Guts' mother.