berserk french manga

As some of the important members of this board are french, I would like to ask them if berserk's manga french translation is quite accurate and worth buying it, if you have been reading it, or if i should save my money for something better.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I personally don't have them since I got the Japanese volumes, but for what I know it is readable, though far from being flawless. It's published in a westernized format, and the inking / paper are average quality.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
It's readable.It's too bad they kept the westernized format they used with the italian editions.Oh well...The other thing is it takes forever for a new vol to come out,only four volumes so far.It's definitely good to have them around,but they can't compare to the Japanese editions.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Oltobaz said:
It's readable.It's too bad they kept the westernized format they used with the italian editions.Oh well...The other thing is it takes forever for a new vol to come out,only four volumes so far.It's definitely good to have them around,but they can't compare to the Japanese editions.
I must say it was very slow at first but now it seems it's one each 2 months.
Guil

ok thanks for the info
i saw the first volume, and thought the translation was sometimes crappy, but i usually don't like that much french translations, don't know why
as i'm working this summer to make some money, depending on how much i got left, i think i'm gonna give it a try and buy the first volumes, as i don't read japanese at all it's my only way for owning Berserk's manga at home

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Re:berserk french manga + an important request

anyway, i've bought vol4 ... 'brigade des faucons', carcus and judo are the main "weird" translations to me ...
Guil

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask

As long as they don't call everyone's favorite swordsman "Gatts" we'll be okay.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Yaa ! I was also relieved in vol2 when they changed back Pakk to Puck ! Guts and Puck must be inviolated !! ^^
Guil

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!

Guil egoless said:
anyway, i've bought vol4 ... 'brigade des faucons', carcus and judo are the main "weird" translations to me ...
Guil
I don't understand French or Japanese but Brigade des faucons, that would be Brigade of the Falcons? So they use Falcon instead of Hawk? Well I read in one of those crappy online dictionaries that Taka means Hawk and Falcon so I guess that works?

Guil egoless said:
'brigade des faucons', carcus and judo are the main "weird" translations to me ...
"Carcus" and "Judo" are the official spellings, actually...

Dragon Slayer said:
So they use Falcon instead of Hawk?
There's no equivalent for "hawk" in French.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask

Vol 5 and 6 just came out simultaneously!Doesn't actually take so long anymore,you were right after all Guil...Wish they would keep it that way,but I guess it's all related to the summer period,the next ones will surely be released one at a time...

Lliugusamui

around the corner

What ? I've bought Vol4 in early July, vol5 and vol6 cant be out ! I'll get an eye to the shop, damn ! I'm gladly surprised by Dynamic eventually (about frequence only ^^ )
Guil
ps : i've just been several days in Aveyron, it's a wonderful strange countryside place for those who want to visit...

Top Bottom