No Boys Allowed

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Boys have cooties, so I'm starting a topic for just girls on my favorite subject: Sex. Specifically the sexuality of the various characters in Berserk.

I'm not even going to bother with Griffith because he's been done to death, but these are my best guesses based on my last reading of other characters both minor and major;

Caska: Straight with possible bicurous leanings
Farnese: Straight (she really hasn't been around enough women to tell)
Guts: Bisexual/Asexual
Charlotte: Easily pursuaded
Serpico: insestual
Roshinu: Bisexual
Slan: Bisexual
Lucca: Heterosexual
Nina: Bisexual
Void: Omnisexual
Skully: Missexual
Ubik/Conrad: Asexual

Discuss amoungst yourselves.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I can see all of those except I disagree with Guts. I see him as more straight with forced homosexual tendencies.

But what about Puck?

typhonblue

I dunno Miyu. I don't get the sense he's straight at all. Hes more asexual then anything. With a tendancy to feel affection/attachment to men and women.

You'll notice he had the exact same reaction to Griffith and Caska running around naked. Sort of "yep, s/he's naked". It wasn't until he really got to know Caska better that he started to feel more sexual towards her.

I don't think he's the type to actively seek out sex with either gender. But I also think his sexuality has really, really changed throughout the course of the story. Right now he seems more asexual then ever before.

As for Puck? I think he's omnisexual. Remember his Betty?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Guts isnt asexual at all recently. Havent you seen vol23 when he goes mad because of his desire for Casca ? He almost fucked her in the ass.^^
GuiRl ( . )( . )

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Definitely agree that Guts is NOT asexual. I think in the beginning of the manga and anime, of course, Caska had this love/hate thing for him going. Plus, the fact that she was a great warrior in addition to being a great beauty...the men treated her as an equal. At the time Guts just thought she was in love with Griffith. I never could really understand why GRIFFITH never was attracted to her, only after he was tortured and maimed did it seem he recognized Caska and Guts becoming close...and then he got jealous. Guts is definitely hetero in my opinion. I think if Griffith tried to seriously come on to him, despite saying that 'he wanted him' ( which I saw as, wanting to possess him entirely as an object, but not necessarily sexual) Guts would have beat the shit out of him.

Puck is a FAIRY so it's to say, oh, he's a pansy, he's gay. I 'm telling you I would not get a gay tattoo of Puck on my ankle..I think Puck is ambisexual...can go either way. Fairy sex might be different from human sex LOL.

Most prostitutes have bisexual leanings. So do strippers. LOL

Isidoro...definitely a hetero horndog...kid wanted to bang all the girls.

Roshina: hmm...she had some prettttttty close encounters with Jill...all that affection and touching. I sense some BI there. Definitely.

Slann: Hey, the Mother of All Prostitutes has to be BI. Maybe Gaiseric caught her with Void and another woman in bed all at the same time :D

Ubik and Conrad: asexual.

Farnese: hetero
Serpico: hetero

Charlotte: hetero but if Griffith threw in another woman, I think she'd do it for him.

Griffith: hmmmmmmmm; well, I have to honestly say...I don't know.

LG

Void: I think he is asexual as a GodHand, but hetero...since my suspicion is, maybe he was the one with Slann.

typhonblue

Guil Torchonlskyon said:
Guts isnt asexual at all recently. Havent you seen vol23 when he goes mad because of his desire for Casca ? He almost fucked her in the ass.^^
GuiRl ( . )( . )

Wow, Vol 23. Your absolutely right, that was only 30 chapters ago.

It seems to me that Guts was always very reserved sexually prior to the eclipse; I'd lay odds Caska was the first person he had sex with after Donovan (yeecch). After the eclipse, well recently it seems the Beast has scared him into complete asexuality. Which doesn't surprise me in the least. Man, that boy is fucked up.

Go read "breastplate" again to get an idea where I get bisexual from. Thats' a freaking love scene without sex. I don't think he is any more, btw.

And Charlotte... I don't think Guts was the one Griffith was feeling jealous of. If it was, he'd have been giddy with joy when Caska convinced Guts to leave so she could have Griffith all to herself.

And as for Guts beating the shit out of Griffith if he ever confessed his feelings... That scene before Griffith first meets Charlotte, I got the distinct impression Guts was fishing for some sort of confession.

I don't know. I could be completely off, but I tend to be fairly accurate with this kind of subtle character interaction.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I don't know. I always got the feeling that Guts wanted to know why Griffith considered him a friend, not "please slip into my pants you hot mama of a man." Griffith put a lot of trust into Guts abilities very quickly. This probably made Guts wonder why Griffith chose him rather than any of his other commanders who have been with the Band of the Hawks much longer.

But Guts sexual repression after the eclipse isn't because he's not interested. It's because he doesn't want to hurt Caska in the state she's in, he even tries to get his groove on with her right after the eclipse when they're recovering in Godo's cave. But showing that much restraint for that long obviously took it's toll in Vol. 23. Oh, and one can never forget page 1, Vol. 1. That's not the sign of an asexual man there.

typhonblue

Miyu said:
I don't know. I always got the feeling that Guts wanted to know why Griffith considered him a friend, not "please slip into my pants you hot mama of a man." Griffith put a lot of trust into Guts abilities very quickly. This probably made Guts wonder why Griffith chose him rather than any of his other commanders who have been with the Band of the Hawks much longer.

What I meant by that is... if Guts was so freaked out by the thought of Griffith "liking" him, I don't think he'd be pressing to know why at all. It would be more like "thanks for saving me dude. Lets leave it at that." Then he'd be giddy with relief when Griffith starts staring after Charlotte. Instead he just gives a small, mournfull smile. lol

But Guts sexual repression after the eclipse isn't because he's not interested. It's because he doesn't want to hurt Caska in the state she's in, he even tries to get his groove on with her right after the eclipse when they're recovering in Godo's cave. But showing that much restraint for that long obviously took it's toll in Vol. 23. Oh, and one can never forget page 1, Vol. 1. That's not the sign of an asexual man there.

Yah, I don't know what to think of that freaky incident. Seems somewhat out of character, which may be the point. However repression is repression. Even if hes' not allowing himself to feel sexual, because he's afraid of what might happen, he's still not feeling sexual. So he's asexual by choice, not proclivity.

G

Genn21

It would be more like "thanks for saving me dude. Lets leave it at that." Then he'd be giddy with relief when Griffith starts staring after Charlotte. Instead he just gives a small, mournfull smile. lol

Im telling you griffiths the hottest thing around since toast. Gut's wants griffith as a friend like a tool maybe but one he can break bread with.Gut's didnt have that many friends just one father figure who beat the shit out of him he did'nt know what to make of it but he slowly learned

People stop looking for gut's to bang all the time he will when he need's to. Pressuring the man is not going ot make him do anything tho with a catatonic caska , beside have stiff ass ? This doesent make him asexual just bored and violent , Which he releives in other ways beside reproduction.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
now i understand y this topic name is no boys allowed. yes i am a boy... and this topic is kinda... disturbing to me.... ::)

typhonblue

DarkBlademaster said:
now i understand y this topic name is no boys allowed. yes i am a boy... and this topic is kinda... disturbing to me.... ::)

Ugh... the stupidest reason in existance to resurrect a dead and worthless topic is to illustrate how much you hate something.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
But... it made me notice it, and want to comment on one thing ^_-

Lucca: Heterosexual

Not 100% sure on this. She's a prostitute, yes, but she cares MUCH more about keeping her girls safe and sound than screwing guys. As a matter of fact, in her first appearance, Jerome had to *ask* her to "put a little more effort into it" because she was simply carrying on a conversation while he banged her, showing no signs of enjoyment at all. :p

She also had no interest in marrying Jerome when he offered, because her girls were much more important to her than anything else (hence her splitting the pearl necklace with them). This doesn't necessarily mean she's sexually attracted to women, of course, but there is at least some doubt about her interest in men. Therefore I'd cast my vote for bisexual. ;)

This pointless moment brought to you by me.

typhonblue

Graywords said:
This doesn't necessarily mean she's sexually attracted to women, of course, but there is at least some doubt about her interest in men. Therefore I'd cast my vote for bisexual. ;)

This pointless moment brought to you by me.

Um... and this is the only point you had issue with?

::)

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Well, I don't think Serpico is incestual either. ^_^ He didn't wanna *do* his mom... he burned her at the stake. ;)

A lot of the rest of those, I really just don't wanna touch. *smiles* What I will say, is:

I don't think Skully needs to be referred to as "Miss" anything.

If Void was Gaiseric's priest in the past, then I'd say he was little-boy-sexual. ^^

typhonblue

Graywords said:
Well, I don't think Serpico is incestual either. ^_^ He didn't wanna *do* his mom... he burned her at the stake. ;)

His sister. His sister.

A lot of the rest of those, I really just don't wanna touch. *smiles* What I will say, is:

Ha ha... wise man. Although I still stand behind them. I may be insane, but I am consistant.

I don't think Skully needs to be referred to as "Miss" anything.

But missexual by some logic would mean "sexual with the misses", not that he was female. But what it really means is... anything that is considered "bad" he gets off on.

If Void was Gaiseric's priest in the past, then I'd say he was little-boy-sexual. ^^

Bleah.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
His sister. His sister.
He has a sister? ??? Most certainly not Farneze...

Ha ha... wise man. Although I still stand behind them. I may be insane, but I am consistant.

Guts is definitely sexual, as everybody here agrees. =) Let's not going to get into anything else. "Sexual" will do. ^^

Skully, however, may well be asexual. Unless we want to consider the Flora thing; Then we have an argument for straightness. ;) She's not exactly a "bad girl". *smirk*

Sorry, it's hard to resist a Catholic priest joke. *innocent halo*

typhonblue

Graywords said:
He has a sister? ??? Most certainly not Farneze

The very same!

...Guts is definitely sexual, as everybody here agrees. =) Let's not going to get into anything else. "Sexual" will do. ^^

Ha ha... no, go ahead and spill it. I know you have an opinion.

My argument is mainly... he seems to be sexual only with certain people (aside from Apostles who shall remain nameless) and those people earn his trust first before he does feel sexual towards them. Which makes a lot of sense considering his past.

Skully, however, may well be asexual. Unless we want to consider the Flora thing; Then we have an argument for straightness. ;) She's not exactly a "bad girl".

There must be a reason Flora considers burning to death karmic retribution. ;) ;D

*smirk*Sorry, it's hard to resist a Catholic priest joke. *innocent halo*

Aww... cute ::)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Maybe Puella and I can host a girls only chat. We did that once and left Guil ( French Boy) hanging alone in the original chat room.

LG

puella

Berserk forever
Lady Griffith said:
Maybe Puella and I can host a girls only chat. We did that once and left Guil ( French Boy) hanging alone in the original chat room.

LG

Well, we could talk about obscene stuff more in only girls chatroom. I love it. 8)

typhonblue

puella said:
Well, we could talk about obscene stuff more in only girls chatroom. I love it. 8)

Yes... stuff like, Pakk nailing Guts...

Or... how long is Skully's sword, really?

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
The very same!
Mmm, Farneze is not his sister... perhaps they *were* sorta like brother and sister, after growing up together for a while and what not, but I'd say more like master and servant... which is why I'd put Serpico down as "S&M-sexual" ^_-

Ha ha... no, go ahead and spill it. I know you have an opinion.

My argument is mainly... he seems to be sexual only with certain people (aside from Apostles who shall remain nameless) and those people earn his trust first before he does feel sexual towards them. Which makes a lot of sense considering his past.

Fine, fine. I'll talk. ^^

First off, we can't forget the scene where Griffith let him look at the Kama Sutra. ^_- But honestly, Guts seems like he's into women. What with the Casca and the sex and what not. Of course, I think he has many deep-rooted problems, especially after being raped in his childhood. He had trouble being sexual even with Casca, because of his problems stemming from Donovan and Gambino.

Now, after he witness the rape of Casca during the eclipse, I think he *wants* to be asexual. I have no idea how he managed to get it up for that apostle on the first page of the manga... that must've taken EXTREME personal control. o.o; Anyhow, despite what he may *wish*, his urges can still take control of him, e.g. when he almost raped Casca. The Beast has an integral role in this, no doubt... I don't think The Beast is merely a creature, I believe it's a collection of his innermost dark desires that he hides even from himself... that just seems like what those dark spirits do. They did that to Farnese for a while, as well, taunting her with her innermost secrets that she hated about herself.

*breathe* Anyway, I'll wait for a reply on this...

There must be a reason Flora considers burning to death karmic retribution.
Oh ho! Good point! I had forgotten about that line...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Graywords said:
Mmm, Farneze is not his sister... perhaps they *were* sorta like brother and sister, after growing up together for a while and what not, but I'd say more like master and servant... which is why I'd put Serpico down as "S&M-sexual" ^_-Fine, fine. I'll talk. ^^
did you forget that they share a father?

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Well, we could talk about obscene stuff more in only girls chatroom. I love it.

Is there something preventing you from talking about obscene stuff right here? ;)

Well... aside from all the idiots who post "ewww"...

did you forget that they share a father?

I... um...

Well, here's what happened...

*runs out the door, sound of engine starting is heard, followed by tires peeling*

typhonblue

Graywords said:
First off, we can't forget the scene where Griffith let him look at the Kama Sutra. ^_- But honestly, Guts seems like he's into women. What with the Casca and the sex and what not. Of course, I think he has many deep-rooted problems, especially after being raped in his childhood. He had trouble being sexual even with Casca, because of his problems stemming from Donovan and Gambino.

I've wondered if anything happened between Guts and Gambino... I heard there were some insinuations in one of the art books but never got that rumor confirmed.

Anyway, on to more pleasant topics... I always pretty much thought Guts was straight with an extreme emotional/spiritual fixation on Griffith until I re-read the chapter "breastplate" and the next. The two things that struck me most was them gazing at eachother in the wagon and, following that, Guts going bonkers when Griffith was being threatened. He had a more extreme reaction to that then when Caska was threatened, admittedly he was unconscious to begin with. But when he finally did wake up, he wasn't speechless with unholy fury, he made a sarcastic quip.

Now, after he witness the rape of Casca during the eclipse, I think he *wants* to be asexual.

YES! I'm saying he's becoming asexual through sheer force of will because he's now terrified of his sexuality.

I have no idea how he managed to get it up for that apostle on the first page of the manga... that must've taken EXTREME personal control. o.o; Anyhow, despite what he may *wish*, his urges can still take control of him, e.g. when he almost raped Casca. The Beast has an integral role in this, no doubt... I don't think The Beast is merely a creature, I believe it's a collection of his innermost dark desires that he hides even from himself... that just seems like what those dark spirits do.

Yep, you always seem to have quality time with your shadow self before ascending to another level.

They did that to Farnese for a while, as well, taunting her with her innermost secrets that she hated about herself.
*breathe* Anyway, I'll wait for a reply on this...Oh ho! Good point! I had forgotten about that line...

yah... so what could that bad girl have been up to to deserve that kind of death? ;)

Top Bottom