No Boys Allowed

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Graywords said:
Is there something preventing you from talking about obscene stuff right here? ;)

Well... aside from all the idiots who post "ewww"...I... um...

That would be the reason.

Well, here's what happened...

*runs out the door, sound of engine starting is heard, followed by tires peeling*

I like you. You're officially on my list of Skullknight.net cute guys. ;)

typhonblue

puella said:
Umm, I do care about minors. :-X

Oh, come now puella! If they don't learn it from a reputable source such as Skullknight.net, then who knows what kind of filth they might pick up somewhere else?

Besides if they're reading Berserk the damage is already done.

puella

Berserk forever
typhonblue said:
Oh, come now puella! If they don't learn it from a reputable source such as Skullknight.net, then who knows what kind of filth they might pick up somewhere else?

Besides if they're reading Berserk the damage is already done.

sounds encouraging soooooooooooooooooooooooo much. :-*

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
I've wondered if anything happened between Guts and Gambino... I heard there were some insinuations in one of the art books but never got that rumor confirmed.

*blinks* I have no idea what insinuation in what artbook that may be...

Considering Gambino's general disdain for Guts, that's fairly unlikely... although it's true that both love and hate can be a driving force behind sex. ^^;

Er, that was a bad choice of words...

Anyway, on to more pleasant topics... I always pretty much thought Guts was straight with an extreme emotional/spiritual fixation on Griffith until I re-read the chapter "breastplate" and the next. The two things that struck me most was them gazing at eachother in the wagon and, following that, Guts going bonkers when Griffith was being threatened. He had a more extreme reaction to that then when Caska was threatened, admittedly he was unconscious to begin with. But when he finally did wake up, he wasn't speechless with unholy fury, he made a sarcastic quip.

Are you talking about the scene where Guts was helping Griffith put his armor on? Just making sure before I comment, because my manga is about 80 miles away right now. =p

YES! I'm saying he's becoming asexual through sheer force of will because he's now terrified of his sexuality.
It's probably not as much his *own* sexuality, but sexuality in general that he's fearing. Watching your lover get raped can *not* be a fun thing.

The problem is, he can't escape sexuality in his world... for example, it was permissible in his mind to allow himself to be sexual for the purpose of destroying an apostle who had killed his teammates. Because he still has had sex, and he still exhibits desire for Casca deep in his mind, he can never truly be asexual.

Not unless he gets it lopped off in one of his upcoming battles. ^_^ And even then, since he was able to get a special attachment for his arm... *coughs*

yah... so what could that bad girl have been up to to deserve that kind of death?
Probably had to do with helping Skully do some naughty things... must've been a LONG-ass time ago, though. She sure is genteel, now.

I like you. You're officially on my list of Skullknight.net cute guys.

Woohoo! ^_-

Wait... I should be worried, shouldn't I? o.o

Umm, I do care about minors.

I agree, though, if the minors are actually browsing this board, then there already is no hope for them. =)

Having a conversation in a girls-only chat room may be better than posting, though, in some cases. It's definitely a lot more private. ^^ The only problem is, even the Skullknight.net cute guys will miss out on it. ;_;

typhonblue

Graywords said:
*blinks* I have no idea what insinuation in what artbook that may be...

Considering Gambino's general disdain for Guts, that's fairly unlikely... although it's true that both love and hate can be a driving force behind sex. ^^;

You can use someone to gratify your carnal desires while holding a great deal of disdain for them. I suppose it all boils down to... a warm hole is a warm hole.

I don't know if this is true or not. I haven't heard hide nor hair of it since I read it that first time. So I could be dead wrong. Although it did strike me that Guts was quite freaked out even before Donovan came into his tent. And that Gambino was *very* casual about the whole thing. I wouldn't put it past him to consider Guts a convienence in every sense of the word.

Er, that was a bad choice of words...Are you talking about the scene where Guts was helping Griffith put his armor on? Just making sure before I comment, because my manga is about 80 miles away right now.

Yes, that one and the chapter immediately following it. It took me several readings before I caught on to everything that was happening in those chapters. So you might see what I'm saying once you take a good look. Or not.

It's probably not as much his *own* sexuality, but sexuality in general that he's fearing. Watching your lover get raped can *not* be a fun thing.

No disagreement here. I think it must have been excrutiating for him, particularly since he was reliving what happened to him. It was like being raped all over again.

The problem is, he can't escape sexuality in his world... for example, it was permissible in his mind to allow himself to be sexual for the purpose of destroying an apostle who had killed his teammates. Because he still has had sex, and he still exhibits desire for Casca deep in his mind, he can never truly be asexual.

And he seems to like Farnese just a little bit as well.

Woohoo! ^_-

Wait... I should be worried, shouldn't I? o.o

No worries, it means I like your style. ;) I've been on my best behavior recently.

I agree, though, if the minors are actually browsing this board, then there already is no hope for them. =)

Having a conversation in a girls-only chat room may be better than posting, though, in some cases. It's definitely a lot more private. ^^ The only problem is, even the Skullknight.net cute guys will miss out on it. ;_;

Awwwww... okay, maybe you can join us ;) Just because you didn't go "eewwww... gay!" And then you can be party to all of us flirting with eachother mercilessly. ;)

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
I don't know if this is true or not. I haven't heard hide nor hair of it since I read it that first time. So I could be dead wrong. Although it did strike me that Guts was quite freaked out even before Donovan came into his tent. And that Gambino was *very* casual about the whole thing. I wouldn't put it past him to consider Guts a convienence in every sense of the word.

It's possible, but unlikely. If Gambino thought Siss died because she picked up Guts and took care of him (possibly catching a horrible disease in the process... perhaps because she breastfed him? *shrug*)... then he might hold enough disgust for him to be unwilling to stick his thing inside the boy. o_o;

BTW, I'll check out those "Breastplate" chapters again this weekend, when I'm near my manga again.

And he seems to like Farnese just a little bit as well.

Interesting... I was reading through episode 217 for the first time today (thanks Griff!), and I nearly choked when I saw Guts imply something. At least it's what I *thought* he said...

217joke.jpg

After checking the kanji more closely, I found out I was wrong, not surprisingly. ^_^ "Koshi" means hips, but he was referring to her hips giving out. :p

No worries, it means I like your style. I've been on my best behavior recently.
What are some examples of your bad behavior, dare I ask? ^^

Awwwww... okay, maybe you can join us Just because you didn't go "eewwww... gay!" And then you can be party to all of us flirting with eachother mercilessly.

Gayness doesn't squick me. I've been around too many openly gay/bi people both online and in person to have a gross-out factor in that respect.

But I *do* think we need another chat room. =) Not all-girls (as nice as that sounds), really, but still selective about members. ^^ (but people with members should still be allowed)

Maybe that needs another thread, tho'...

typhonblue

Graywords said:
It's possible, but unlikely. If Gambino thought Siss died because she picked up Guts and took care of him (possibly catching a horrible disease in the process... perhaps because she breastfed him? *shrug*)... then he might hold enough disgust for him to be unwilling to stick his thing inside the boy. o_o;

I am reluctant to argue this point since I know it could be complete bull, but I thought the implication was that Guts was bad luck more then anything, not diseased. And what I got from the women taking care of Siss was that they were concerned Guts might get something from her. Suggesting Guts wasn't who she got it from in the first place.

BTW, I'll check out those "Breastplate" chapters again this weekend, when I'm near my manga again.Interesting... I was reading through episode 217 for the first time today (thanks Griff!), and I nearly choked when I saw Guts imply something. At least it's what I *thought* he said...

Yah. I think he sort of likes Farnese. Something about these high strung warrior women really gets Guts groove on.

What are some examples of your bad behavior, dare I ask? ^^Gayness doesn't squick me. I've been around too many openly gay/bi people both online and in person to have a gross-out factor in that respect.

Oh just a blindfold, some ice and candles, my (then not) boyfriend and my ex-girlfriend. But it's hard not to be on your worst behavior around my boyfriend. His evil is so beautiful it's hard to resist.

Maybe that needs another thread, tho'...

Yup.

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.
Blindfold, ice and candles... Farneze might like.

I also think she'd like to have Guts strapped to a table and then proceed to have the sharpness of his throwing knives tested on a certain few areas, butttt... lets not go there.

LauraOrganaSolo

<Charlotte-Hime>
I've always been fascinated by Gattsu and Griffith's relationship. There is so much left unsaid that it's difficult not to ponder the feelings of the characters.

Lately I have been leaning towards thinking Griffith might have had some sort of sexual inclinations towards Gattsu as the story progressed. Not as early as when the first met, but as they slowly became friends; I am suddenly reminded of Cowboy Bebop's Jupiter Jazz episodes and Gren's soliloquy on camraderie during hardship and war and the ending thoughts, which were, "Do you have a comrade?" Anyway, I don't think he would have been so distracted from his "dream" or insanely jealous of Caska and Gattsu's budding relationship if it were merely a sort of a spiritual ownership. I think deep down Griffith wanted Gattsu as a companion, a real friend and that is why he was so frustrated with losing sight of his dream. Just something about the way he often smiled at Gattsu later on, particularly at his promotion ball and the times surrounding that event.

As for Gattsu, I think he was just too scarred to have any sexual attraction to... well, anyone up until he started to feel for Caska. I always felt like Gattsu just saw Griffith as one of his first trusted friend -- and comrade.

For teh naughty chix0rz: http://platypuselves.homestead.com/files/redubbed.jpg If you feel like doing your own, please do so and send it to me to upload. For some reason this whole thing cracks me.

typhonblue

LauraOrganaSolo said:
As for Gattsu, I think he was just too scarred to have any sexual attraction to... well, anyone up until he started to feel for Caska. I always felt like Gattsu just saw Griffith as one of his first trusted friend -- and comrade.

I know, I thought the same up until my last reading of Breastplate... At that point the two of them seem to be bonding more deeply. Which makes sense. Guts started to feel for Caska when she revealed her vulnerability; Just before the eclipse, Griffith was at his most vulnerable.

Seems like Guts is actually a very nice guy compelled by circumstance to be an asshole. Most true assholes would turn a cold sholder when someone revealed their vulnerabilities, instead, for him, it's the cue to get closer. Even with Farnese he shows that tendancy, as soon as she stopped being high and mighty, he let her right into the fold.

In conclusion I ammend my previous statement. Guts feels sexual with people he can be protective of. Which isn't always a good thing.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Though it may not be a good thing, it really does make us more sympathetic to him as a character. He has this outer exterior of being the big tough guy, but deep down inside he does have a heart. You just gotta love the guy :)

LauraOrganaSolo

<Charlotte-Hime>
Seems like Guts is actually a very nice guy compelled by circumstance to be an asshole.

Yet another one of the reasons I really like Berserk. Gattsu really IS a kind and nice guy, but he has so much emotional scar tissue built up that it just doesn't often show through. They didn't call it "The Golden Age" for nothing, I guess. :-[

typhonblue

Xans-Griffith said:
Blindfold, ice and candles... Farneze might like.

I also think she'd like to have Guts strapped to a table and then proceed to have the sharpness of his throwing knives tested on a certain few areas, butttt... lets not go there.

Oh I would never go there either! Something about the sight of another person's blood makes me feel faint.

Ugh.

COBRA

beware the hitman!
you know i want too totaly respect the titel of this thread for you girls, and just says that despite othere guys saying ewwww, i don't see why they whould besides the rape thing which i totaly despise with all fiber of my being! so now on too my respect i leave you too discuss amongs't your selves, and again i don't see why
*walks away confused as too why*

Animegirl^_^

have a wonderfull day
Hi ^_^ my first post, i'ed liked to know something about the sexuall phrase used in here, whould i be asexual(or was) snice im not one too trust, in terms of sexuall acts and love, cause of tragddys in my past...

typhonblue

COBRA said:
you know i want too totaly respect the titel of this thread for you girls, and just says that despite othere guys saying ewwww, i don't see why they whould besides the rape thing which i totaly despise with all fiber of my being! so now on too my respect i leave you too discuss amongs't your selves, and again i don't see why
*walks away confused as too why*

It's just the whole prissy "ewww... gay cooties!" thing that a lot of boys have.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
typhonblue said:
It's just the whole prissy "ewww... gay cooties!" thing that a lot of boys have.

And the whole prissy “ewww… boys are homophobic” thing a lot of girls have. :)

-Griffith

typhonblue

Griffith said:
And the whole prissy “ewww… boys are homophobic” thing a lot of girls have. :)

-Griffith

That is when they're not fucking eachother on the sly. ;)

And I used prissy because it is prissy. And shrill, most homophobia seems to be, coming from boys or girls.

But I won't go any further into the whole dynamics of prissy homophobia because then I would have to explain why I think it's is an side-effect of a quasi-matriarchal society where women are empowered sexually.

Animegirl^_^

have a wonderfull day
never mind my above statement, i found out what it means, anyway sorry. im not to wise in sexuall terms/ways etc because of past things so im not weird (at least i hope not) anyway thank you for anyone considering of anwering my question(i do feel weird for not knowing more then a 15 year old LOL) but anyway. i'ed lke to say that im not all too sure on why there is "ewww prissy" feelings if you are sucure in your own sexuallity then why be afraid, corsue i just recenitly found out i was born umm odd i guess with a defect so i didn't choose like few people did to be bi so, um don't bash me for anything i say cause well like i said i know nothing about sexuallity so how whould i know about bi's/homosexuallity depite being bi(sorry if i offend im new... to this all and im not sure what i can do about it.) LOL...

you know im going to pist this anyway but im not sure if i made a point, forgive me

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.
About Guts' sexuality, I think it's more a question of his fear of leaving himself open to others than a matter of sexuality itself. I don't think he's asexual.. he'd do the casual apostle sex and give it no more thought than he'd give to swinging his sword around. But anything deeper/more serious he'd shut down immediately. Pretty much every close relationship he's had so far has been marked with tragedy. And this along with other things has brought a fear of intimacy to him, I think. It's not that he's an insensitive prick when he shuns away those people that try to get close to him, using such harsh and hurtful words as to brutally strike them down, even to the point where he seems to actually enjoy it. Ok well, maybe there's a tiny bit of insensitive prick in him, but the way I see it, deep down inside, he's doing this for their own good, not wishing for them to be sucked into the darkness that has become his life. The path that he has chosen demands such sacrifice as to repress his caring, more human side, hiding it beneath a dark and rough exterior. As he said himself, he must now don the black armor for his path leads him through the blackness. Become the darkness to fight it, so to speak. That given, there's not much room in his life anymore for the intimate caring guy relationship thing. Though it does surface from time to time. Actually, I believe he needs this more than anything else right now.. if he isn't to go the way of Skull Knight, consumed by the darkness till there's barely any humanity left at all.

Anyway, a quick note about Guts' relationships in the Golden Age and I'm done. In his time with the Hawks we see him open up again for the first time after the whole Gambino ordeal. And when he finally does, it's with an intensity that made powerful bonds. As he had shunned away from his heart with a passion, he held dear to it with the same. A quality I really admire in him; that intensity of emotion concealed beneath the stoic exterior.. such intensity of life that it cannot be consumed by the death all around. And remembering the scenes with Wyald, the way he doggedly protected Griffith, I think it was because his love for him was so intense and the bond between them was so powerful that he became so defensive like he did. That's how I see it, anyway. And not just a bond on mere sexual levels or anything like that; Guts' love for Griffith transcended lesser levels of relationship and even that of brotherly or soldierly love. The best way I could describe it would be to call it an almost reverent or worshipful love. Though Griffith inspired this from everyone he met, with Guts it was essentially different; a part of that love was reciprocated. Guts made him feel something. And for a person of Griffith's character, character that was above such emotion.. above and in control and thereby unattainable, that little something was enough to affect the threads of destiny. Guts reached him somehow and Griffith's calm cool demeanor faltered. That same control he exhibited when Yurius slapped him faltered. In feeling that something he had allowed a part of himself to soften, and become weak. And when he lost Guts, it wasn't just the loss of a mere object or tool he felt, it was the sharp rending pain of losing a part of himself. Guts had made him weak and that weakness disgusted him as much as the pain of loss had hurt him. This is why when he first returns in reborn form, he tries to see if that weakness is still there. And when he was satisfied that it wasn't, he was ready to pursue his lofty dream again.. for he himself was beyond the reach of mortal men again.

Or so it seems.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
BTW... I read through "Breastplate" finally. But I still didn't see the hints of the type of bond you mentioned, typhonblue... *blinks*

Were you reading through a Hawks translation, perhaps? Maybe there's some translation errors... let me know what pages/panels of the chapter you're talking about, and the lines in them. If it's a translation problem, I'd be happy to set it straight. (no pun intended.) If not, maybe I missed the lines...

BTW, I have a spot for an IRC channel if anybody's interested. PM me if you sorta know me/ know of me. ^^

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Don't you people think, (maybe it was mentionned and I don't saw it) that griffith don't care about sex at all and only use it as a tool? Because sex and love would only be burden on its path to his dream... Kindy like that Griffith is "no_urge_sexual"...?

typhonblue

Graywords said:
BTW... I read through "Breastplate" finally. But I still didn't see the hints of the type of bond you mentioned, typhonblue... *blinks*

Were you reading through a Hawks translation, perhaps? Maybe there's some translation errors... let me know what pages/panels of the chapter you're talking about, and the lines in them. If it's a translation problem, I'd be happy to set it straight. (no pun intended.) If not, maybe I missed the lines...

Wasn't what they were saying. And it was very subtle... actually what I'm refering is strongest in the first part of the chapter after breastplate, before the chapter Zoddo tears Wilde apart.

It was the gazing into eachothers eyes bit that got to me.

Bear in mind that it is quite subtle. And it's not a "you're my man-meat" sort of thing, just a quiet, shy, intimate love.

Reminds me of the whole Collosus thing in Ultimate X-men. After he leaves the team for philisophical issues, Jean Grey confronts him and says something like "don't you mean you wish the one you love would love you back just a little bit?" First read I was like, cool... Is Shadow Cat in the team then? Then a few chapters in he's taking shower with Wolverine in the communal change rooms (interesting choice there Marvel) and there is one-- one-- panel where Colosus's talking to the clawed one and he bends forward into the stream of water with a half smile. Instantly I knew he was in love with Wolverine.

That was one panel. There has been at least a dozen similar ones in Berserk between Guts and Griffith. It is subtle, it's intended to be subtle because God knows if Muira didn't make it near invisible to a certain mindset, then 98% of his audiance would go bye-bye.

So don't fret. Guts and Griffith will never do the horizontal mombo... I imagine Marvel would make Wolverine a flaming fag before that ever happened.

Top Bottom