My impressions of Grandia 2

ThaBlackSwordsman

Darkness In A Twisted Light
I got the game yesterday and just beat it... heres MY review.. whadjoo guys think?

Graphics: 8/10 As dreamcast goes(yes i bought DC version...)this is some of the best ive seen. Kudos to Ubi on the graphics. ;D

Story: 4/10 Well it's not bad, but it's not GREAT... I mean there are a FEW(when i say few i mean few) twist but you see them coming almost a mile away... But you don't HATE the story...but to me it's a bit too straightfoward and gets repetive.

Characters: 6/10 The characters look alright, but i'm more of a "adultsy" type of player. Sure they do a few "neat" things, but i'm tired of the ten year old... They come together for an ALRIGHT reason, but just not great enough. Also their shouldv'e been more distinct features on them...such as Millenia's rage meter...Without them sticking out so much, i don't think i'll remember them nearly as well as Vyse or Cloud...

Control: 9/10 The controls for this game are great! One of the biggest upsides of it! The only reason it loses a point is because of MINOR camera problems where you want to see around a corner but the camera limits you...but its MINOR. Also the character customization is awesome so thats a bonus! But the biggest boost to the game is the battle system! ITS SO ADDICTING YOU CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT FIGHT! IM STILL NOT TIR ED OF IT! YAY NO RANDSOM ENCOUNTERS! ;D and it almost feels like realtime! Surpasses even Final Fantasy's battle system IMO. Oh and voice acting you say? Proffesionally crafted. Kudos again UBI

Sound: 7/10 Music is average. All their is to it. This isn't any Nobou Uematsu music, but it'll do...You'll enjoy it, but it's nothing earth shattering. It would've been an 8 but that dang falling sound ruins the mood every time someone dies ina cutscene! ARGH!

Overall: 8/10 It's a good addition to your DC library or even your PS2 library.But if story is the only reason you buy a game, stay away. But other than that, try to find a copy! it's loads of fun, i found myself playing for 7 hours in my first sitting!(much more later sitting...)Anywayz, the game is an alright length or i wouldn't have been able to play so long... I beat it around 23-24 hours or something like that...beat it in 3 sittings though...

Well theres my review...your thoughts of Grandia 2?

D

Drachenfels

I played the first part, it was good, but nothing tooooo exciting. I just started the second part, but didn't get past the first tower, I wasn't really motivated. Maybe I'll pic it up later and play it trough.

ThaBlackSwordsman

Darkness In A Twisted Light
Anyone know how to make the game HARD? Such as in X no sphere grid? I mean maybe no spells...but whats that gonna do? ill still completely dominate in battle...maybe no lvl ups? tell me how i can somehow do this...

Top Bottom