Episode 224

_Griffith_

I'm a gay fucking retard and I do impersonations
Re:Chapter 224

;D

I doubt if guts will get a chance to use the armour in the this situation, not with grunbeld around. i think he'll have a narrow escape with the help of someone (possibly SK) and live to fight another day with the armour.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

_Griffith_Impersonator_ said:
;D

I doubt if guts will get a chance to use the armour in the this situation, not with grunbeld around. i think he'll have a narrow escape with the help of someone (possibly SK) and live to fight another day with the armour.

I don't know, maybe, but Flora said he'd need it against the forec he's fighting or it would be the end of him. It kind of implies that he's gonna have to throw down using the armor, plus, all the blatant armor shots imply a direct payoff.

-Griffith "The OG" ;)

_Griffith_

Griffith said:
I don't know, maybe, but Flora said he'd need it against the forec he's fighting or it would be the end of him. It kind of implies that he's gonna have to throw down using the armor, plus, all the blatant armor shots imply a direct payoff.

-Griffith "The OG" ;)

Your probably right but the question on my mind is how guts is going to get to the armour, change into it, and do so while grunbeld is trying to turn him into mush. Of course that is very possible (especially in the world of manga), but I'm racking my feeble mind tryng to figure out how it's going to happen.

I'm still think he'll not be using the armour this time.
Remember, if at first you don't succeed - run, run away.

Griffith

When I said Grunbeld might knock him into the mansion, I was only half joking.

-Griffith

_Griffith_

Griffith said:
When I said Grunbeld might knock him into the mansion, I was only half joking.

-Griffith

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

beastarmor.jpg

Griffith

Anyone think maybe the armor will, for lack of a better expression; release THE BEAST in Guts? =)

-Griffith

Bill

Daydreaming....

That could explain why Sheirke was surprised that Flora was going to give it to Guts. But that contradicts the charm, because Guts thought that the charm might be able to subdue the Beast within him.

Plus, the armor doesn't look like something Guts can wear only once a day, its more like his regular armor - he'll be wearing it everyday and if it unleashed the Beast all the time.. He'd probably wipe out his friends.

_Griffith_

I think that having an armour which would effectively give guts the strength to fight apostles
will have the obvious effect of letting him fighter harder phisically.

Fighting harder could increase the emotional intensity of one of his killing spree's and in that way i think the armour could allow for the beast to come out.

The only question is how would guts or the others put the beast 'back in the box'?

Griffith

Bill said:
That could explain why Sheirke was surprised that Flora was going to give it to Guts. But that contradicts the charm, because Guts thought that the charm might be able to subdue the Beast within him.

Plus, the armor doesn't look like something Guts can wear only once a day, its more like his regular armor - he'll be wearing it everyday and if it unleashed the Beast all the time.. He'd probably wipe out his friends.

Points that do need addressing, yes. But, the charm was supposed to stop spirits from possessing Guts, that doesn’t mean the Beast necessarily, even if Guts would like to think that. Also, I wouldn’t think the armor would make him like that all the time, but it might help channel it during battles, with terrible consequences of course; similar to the speculations of Wereallmad and Olivier (and somewhat relating to the discussion of the loss of Skully’s humanity and whatnot). It is supposed to be cursed, after all.

-Griffith

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Griffith said:
Attempt to talk about Berserk: Anyone think maybe the armor will, for lack of a better expression; release THE BEAST in Guts? =)

I have this strange feeling of a 'deja vu' somehow.... but I certainly do hope we'll finally see a return of the BEAST this time. ;D

But my sense of reality dictates that's sadly not going to happen. :'(
Schierke, Serpico and maybe even Flora are probably going to buy Guts enough time to put on the armor with his last remaining strength. And what happens next I don't even dare to speculate about...

Griffith said:
Attempt to talk about Berserk: Anyone think maybe the armor will, for lack of a better expression; release THE BEAST in Guts? =)

-Griffith

No? why should it? wouldnt flora's seal help to contain that aspect of Guts? i would think that itd hold it back, no matter how pissed he gets. i mean, if it doesn't do that, what good is it? just a Heal All Spell?
WEEEEAAAAAK

_Griffith_

ranemaka13 said:
No? why should it? wouldnt flora's seal help to contain that aspect of Guts? i would think that itd hold it back, no matter how pissed he gets. i mean, if it doesn't do that, what good is it? just a Heal All Spell?
WEEEEAAAAAK

Well according to Griffith (the admin), the charm is meant to stop evil spirits from POSESSING guts (read earlier post).

The beast, if i'm correct, is an actual part of guts' psyche, and i don't think a magical seal can stop that.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
More like TRY to kill his friends, it all depends on how fast they can run, but I dont' think this will bring out the beast.

- Bob
Could schierke's magic stop gattsu's beast rampages if the armor were to release it? If the armor gives more power to the user and is cursed, is it possible that gattsu becomes stronger than her magic? Because i think that if he were to go completely ballistic the only thing capable of stopping him is schierke's magic.

The beast, if i'm correct, is an actual part of guts' psyche, and i don't think a magical seal can stop that

we don't know for sure what the beast is exactly. speculation has pointed to it being apart of gattsu's psyche, to it being associated with the DS(possibly the evil of the blade itself), to another spirit in the interstice attempting to possess him, and several other things. So who knows if the seal will hold back the beast or not. we still dont' know what it is anyway, let alone what can stop it. The only way we can tell is by hints that Muira gives us throughout the chapters.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

namayias said:
Could schierke's magic stop gattsu's beast rampages if the armor were to release it? If the armor gives more power to the user and is cursed, is it possible that gattsu becomes stronger than her magic? Because i think that if he were to go completely ballistic the only thing capable of stopping him is schierke's magic.

What magic would she use then that wouldn't kill or badly wound Guts?

- Bob

Bill

Daydreaming....

The question is what magic can she use fast enough to hurt Guts? The guy can take enormous amounts of punishment and still get back up. Most of her spells seem to take a long time to cast anyways.

Perhaps the real question is if Beast-driven Guts can break through that nifty barrier of her's. (Used back in volume 24?)

korkor

I could be a llama

im wondering what exactly did schierke mean when she said the only person who can help him is a magic user like me...
im sure that doesnt only mean shes gona take him the armor :p

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

korkor said:
im wondering what exactly did schierke mean when she said the only person who can help him is a magic user like me...
im sure that doesnt only mean shes gona take him the armor :p

Since Flora's dying, maybe Schierke will be the one to heal Guts' wound (we have no proof that the armor will do that like many are speculating.) Or maybe she'll magically kick Grunbeld's ass ;D (unlikely, in my opinion, but neat.)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

Bill said:
We also have no proof that they have the ability to heal someone.

Well, they said it was a spiritual wound, which means most likely it has to be healed through magic. I understand it doesn't prove Schierke (or Flora) could heal it specifically, but they are the best candidates.

And I'm not ruling out the armor completely, obviously it's important too.

Griffith

Taking things in a bit of a different direction… in the aftermath, what do you think Skully is going to do? Will he join Guts’ band or just ride off mysteriously as usual? Guts’ group was heading to Elfhelm anyway, and Guts’ wound needed serious treatment already, after this there’s no telling how bad off he may be (cursed too =), he could cetainly get what he needs there. Skully would be a great help in getting them there if Guts is in a weakened condition. And if it’s populated with Magic users, it may also be targeted for attack as Flora’s house was. So it makes sense that it would be Skully’s next destination as well. Just some things to consider, lots of possible scenarios (but it's hard to imagine Skully joining "the gang").

But the only other place for him to go (other then the as yet not seen Skully Cave) would be to see Griffith. They have to be curious about each other. ;D

-Griffith

P.S. "How the hell do you plan to get us to Elfhelm anyway, Skull Knight? It's across the sea!"

"The Skullyboat"

Bill

Daydreaming....

Griffith said:
P.S. "How the hell do you plan to get us to Elfhelm anyway, Skull Knight? It's across the sea!"

"The Skullyboat"

Who knows what that crazy horse can do... ::)

Top Bottom