Episode 224

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Re:Chapter 224

Griffith said:
But the only other place for him to go (other then the as yet not seen Skully Cave) would be to see Griffith. They have to be curious about each other. ;D
They have already meet (at the eclipse) and they don't seem to like much each other. In fact you could say that they are not speaking to each other. But then this is true also about Skully and Void. :p

korkor

I could be a llama

i guess that would depend on how far Elfhelm is...
i dont know how possible it is for some sort of a "protal" so i cant have any guesses on flora's magic getting them there...

i, for some reason or another, cant imagine Skully just ditching The Band of Guts now. If Guts is still in bad shape by the time they decide to go to Elfheim (which better be their next goddamn destination, or else!!), then he should act as a temporary guard or guide (even though they really dont need another since they have Puck, yes?). maybe Skully has business there as well?

however, if he does go with them (maybe at the request of Flora, who I dont believe is dead yet) he probably wont stay for long; think Shadow in ff3/ff6 (for you japoneeze folks).

i think it would be fair to assume that he'd have some sort of business with Griffith, if nothing more than to size him up. perhaps warn him (as has been mentioned long ago), or tell him, about Gaiseric.

just me opinions.
cheers.

Bobma

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi everyone, I'm new around here.

I'm not sure if this has been already discussed in one of the previous threads (sorry if it has). Someone else mentioned, that Gatts wouldn't have much fun donning the helmet, since with one eye, he'd see even less than before, but what about the other part of him that's missing? He also lacks an arm, which poses some problem if he wants/needs to use the whole armor. Moreover, if he still wants to use his arm cannon, he'd have to scrap the part of the armor that would get in the way. Any thoughts?

As for how he'll put on the armor while fighting Grunbeld, I guess he could do the magical girl routine a la Sailor Moon. First the background gets all swirly, then we'll see the silhouette of a stark naked Gutts dancing around the field. After some more zooming in and out of Gatts -> swoosh -> Gatts with armor. If nothing else, the spectators will be too stunned by his performance to do anything, which will give him time to put on the armor ;D

Well, maybe not...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Bobma said:
As for how he'll put on the armor while fighting Grunbeld, I guess he could do the magical girl routine a la Sailor Moon. First the background gets all swirly, then we'll see the silhouette of a stark naked Gutts dancing around the field. After some more zooming in and out of Gatts -> swoosh -> Gatts with armor. If nothing else, the spectators will be too stunned by his performance to do anything, which will give him time to put on the armor ;D

Well, maybe not...

If they did that I think I would never ever ever ever ever read Berserk again. :-X

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Bobma said:

I wouldn't blame them for being stunned. " :eek:" - Grunbeld.
- Bob

namayias said:
we don't know for sure what the beast is exactly. speculation has pointed to it being apart of gattsu's psyche, to it being associated with the DS(possibly the evil of the blade itself), to another spirit in the interstice attempting to possess him, and several other things. So who knows if the seal will hold back the beast or not. we still dont' know what it is anyway, let alone what can stop it. The only way we can tell is by hints that Muira gives us throughout the chapters.

In the mine of elves spirits couldn't enter but still Guts meets the beast there. He doesn't even have DS yet. So the beast is something of Guts psyche. If the armour incorporates his feelings, thoughts and imagination in a way it could be very dangerous indeed. Something like DB Goku transofromig into a Guerilla Beast.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

I have a feeling Guts is going to have to run away from this battle, and SK might stay behind to ensure their escape. But really I have nothing to base that on.

The biggest question is, once they make their escape, how are they going to get across the sea? Unless Azan magically shows up as a pirate or something I really wonder who's going to get them a boat. Furthermore, can you imagine sea-fearing apostles? Imagine a kraken apostle.

Griffith said:
Wereallmad IS an “old-skooler”, and one of him is worth about a hundred of you.

*sheds a single tear*

awww shucks man, I'm gonna get all emotional.

Wereallmad said:
The biggest question is, once they make their escape, how are they going to get across the sea? Unless Azan magically shows up as a pirate or something I really wonder who's going to get them a boat. Furthermore, can you imagine sea-fearing apostles? Imagine a kraken apostle.*sheds a single tear*

You speak like it is true. Where is it mentioned that elfheim is over the sea?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Wereallmad said:
apostle.*sheds a single tear*

I'm a child of BSOM, you'd be a legend in this Griffith's Apostle Army any day. ;)

xechnao said:
You speak like it is true. Where is it mentioned that elfheim is over the sea?

Puck said it’s an island, and the next stop on the trip was Vritannis; a port city. The logical conclution being that they’d sail from there to Elfhelm. But, who knows what will happen. TROLL PIRATES AHOY!

-Griffith

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Didn't Puck say it was a floating Island? Correct me if I'm mistaken.

pirates. perhaps johnny depp will lead them to an island of booze where all the beer and rum is magically potent to give one that spiritual buzz that heals all.

5am i'm going nutz.

although a little off on the timeline, pirates could add an interesting story element to the port city Vrittanis although highly unlikely, unless griffith now owns a naval fleet along with his army.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Uriel said:
Didn't Puck say it was a floating Island? Correct me if I'm mistaken.
It "floats on the Western Sea." That's a poetic way to say "it's a friggen island."

I am collecting the italian version. Never read Puck saying "island". Maybe I missed it, maybe those guys behind the translation really suck.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

xechnao said:
I am collecting the italian version. Never read Puck saying "island". Maybe I missed it, maybe those guys behind the translation really suck.

Well, this is always proof enough for me. Resurrected from beyond the grave:

Olivier Hague said:
Guts is heading towards Elfhelm (I think that's how it's called?... strange... anyway, according to Puck, it's an utopia located on an island in the western ocean... so we'll _finally_ see the ocean in Berserk... I was waiting for that)

From The Hague himself, albeit, nearly 2 years ago when 187 first hit the shelves.

Griffith said:
Puck said it’s an island

This idea once struck me before, indeed it is hard to imagine someone providing a boat for them to sail across the ocean...

But right now more important is their escape, they are not out of danger yet. Now what I can speculate in the next few chapter is:

Shierke succeed and Gutz managed to put on the armor before fighting again, Grunbeld was later awed by the power of Gutz unleashed by the armor, and they fight for a long time... With Skully and Zodd duel still going on, Gutz signalled them to leave quickly! Knowing they had no choice, the rest of the group run for their lives, Maybe Gutz deal a blow to Grunbeld that tempopary knock him down 4 a moment, and seizing the opportunity, he escaped too, slashing a blood way through the Apostles!

Or... if Caska and Farnese got captured, then i guess they had no choice but to surrender, and they will be brought back alive to meet the leader, the person whom Gutz will never forget!

As for Skully, after defeating Zodd, maybe he disappeared once again... :p

Btw, all the above are purely just speculations! Yet this are not just wild guesses, judging from the situation it is very likely to happen... (I personally feel that the second one is more exciting! :D)

Have you seen "the Gladiator"? He never escapes Rome to reach the heven of his army. Maybe Gutts also won't arrive at elfhelm.
Indeed this makes more sense for the story. If he arrives at elfhelm then what? He remains there with Caska and live together or leaves Caska there and departures for the mainland to satisfy his vengence? First choice will end the story and second will leave an impression of him being an idiot: (making a marathon through hell just to accompany a crazy lady). And I am sure Miura won't choose like this. (remember saying through the words of Puck that is already worrying Gutts sacrificing himself too much for Caska)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

xechnao said:
Have you seen "the Gladiator"? He never escapes Rome to reach the heven of his army. Maybe Gutts also won't arrive at elfhelm.
Indeed this makes more sense for the story. If he arrives at elfhelm then what? He remains there with Caska and live together or leaves Caska there and departures for the mainland to satisfy his vengence? First choice will end the story and second will leave an impression of him being an idiot: (making a marathon through hell just to accompany a crazy lady). And I am sure Miura won't choose like this. (remember saying through the words of Puck that is already worrying Gutts sacrificing himself too much for Caska)

Huh?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

How about all of it?

xechnao said:
Have you seen "the Gladiator"? He never escapes Rome to reach the heven of his army.

I have no idea how this relates to Berserk unless you're suggesting that Guts is going to be captured or killed here.

How does maximus' imprisoned soldiers (I assume you mean haven) compare to Elfhelm in any way? Unless you're suggesting that elfhelm is the spiritworld or something. Really I have no idea what you're saying here.

xechnao said:
Indeed this makes more sense for the story.

You could have fooled me.

xechnao said:
If he arrives at elfhelm then what? He remains there with Caska and live together or leaves Caska there and departures for the mainland to satisfy his vengence?

Once again, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Are you suggesting that Guts isn't going to confront Griffith..... and he's not going to live peacefully.... exactly how many other possibilities are there? And if he doesn't go to Elfhelm, how exactly is he going to survive?

The witch can't heal his wounds, and neither can puck - if they could have, they would have done so before heading back to Flora's mansion. Unless you believe the theory that the armor will rob him of his flesh and make him etheral, like I assume the SkullKnight is, then you're suggesting what exactly?

They are already on their way to Elfhelm, why would they suddenly stop, especially when it may be nessesary for Guts' survival. Why do you assume that Caska will have to be left behind for Guts to continue on his journey? If Guts' wound is spiritual, and it can be healed, then why do you assume by default that Caska cannot also be healed?

I am not suggesting that she will be, but exactly where did you hear otherwise?

xechnao said:
In the mine of elves spirits couldn't enter
Nobody said thay couldn't enter, actually... Casca could _hide_ an that cave, that's all we know.
Rochine had no problems living in a similar place, remember...

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?

^Yikes :eek:

Anyway maybe Guts will pull out some sort of trick like jumping up in Grunbelds grill and firing his cannon right into his helmet, then get away somehow put on the armor and with his newfound power he and Skully slaughter some apostles then the Band of the Guts escapes amidst the chaos.

Bill

Daydreaming....

This is all assuming that the armor somehow turns gives Guts a power boost. I'm really just expecting the armor to be able to take some heavy duty punishment and of course the anti-Brand charm. That alone should give Guts a better edge against Grunbeld.

Edit: Cool new avatar, Olivier :)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Bill said:
This is all assuming that the armor somehow turns gives Guts a power boost.
He's not going to become Bio Boost Armour Guyver, for God's sake.

Walter: Thanks for clearing that up in your typical fashion.

Top Bottom