Is Griffith like Jesus(or any prophet)?

The Blade King

"No Fate But What We Make." John/Sarah Connor.
A question arises if Griffith is like Jesus or a prophet? Griffith believed he would become a king. Jesus believed he would become king of kings. Both had divine faith which was real and divinely supported or backed. Griffith asked his followers to sacrifice themselves for him in life and death for him to become KING. Jesus required all of the early Christians to sacrifice themselves to build up his name or popularity where the early Christians were fed to the lions ( this lead to Christianity finally taking over the Roman empire ). Both Griffith and Jesus were tortured just before their deaths. Both were reborn with Griffith becoming Femto then eventually and Jesus rising from the grave. Femto took Guts and Caska`s baby to be reborn. In a way it is like God impregnating Mary, the wife of Joseph to produce the baby Jesus. Christianity required people to be judged and burned at the stake for disobedience to father spread the religion. So did the religion in Muria`s world where Griffith is now the head of (or as it seems with Mogus` religion, him worshiping the White Hawk). Also Femto and the female God Hand have wings, which are like angels. There are angels in Jesus`world.

What do You Think?

_Griffith_

I'm a gay fucking retard and I do impersonations
I don't know about griffith being Jesus, but I do think that in his current form (as the hawk of light) he is portraying himslef as a messiah type figure.

What his real intentions are still remain to be seen. (Other than becoming the king of course)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
The Blade King said:
A question arises if Griffith is like Jesus or a prophet? Griffith believed he would become a king. Jesus believed he would become king of kings.

I don't think Griffith "believed" he would be a king, it was his dream/ambition to become one.

Both had divine faith which was real and divinely supported or backed. Griffith asked his followers to sacrifice themselves for him in life and death for him to become KING. Jesus required all of the early Christians to sacrifice themselves to build up his name or popularity where the early Christians were fed to the lions ( this lead to Christianity finally taking over the Roman empire ).

If you're referring to sacrifice in battle, this might make a little more sense, but if you mean the Eclipse, there didn't seem to be much asking on Griffith's part. And I admit I'm not an expert on Christianity, but I don't remember anything requiring someone to let themselves be fed to lions. And you can thank Emperor Constantine for Christianity's takeover of Rome, not human lion food.

Both Griffith and Jesus were tortured just before their deaths.

I'm not sure if these two compare very well, Griffith was tortured for a full year, nearly completely disabled, and had his life's ambition taken from him. Jesus got maybe a day or two's worth at most?

Both were reborn with Griffith becoming Femto then eventually and Jesus rising from the grave.

Jesus wasn't reborn, just resurrected. Griffith never died, he just became something else.

Femto took Guts and Caska`s baby to be reborn. In a way it is like God impregnating Mary, the wife of Joseph to produce the baby Jesus.

This seems pretty iffy at best.

Christianity required people to be judged and burned at the stake for disobedience to father spread the religion. So did the religion in Muria`s world where Griffith is now the head of (or as it seems with Mogus` religion, him worshiping the White Hawk).

Christianity at its core never "required" people be burned at the stake, that was the work of church officials and their ideas. And I don't think Griffith is the head of the Midland religion either, White Hawk or not.

Also Femto and the female God Hand have wings, which are like angels. There are angels in Jesus`world.

Well, I admit, actual angels described in the bible are pretty creepy sometimes, but I'm not sure if they're on par with Femto and Slann or vice versa. ;D Just toss that in for good measure?

What do You Think?

Interesting, definitely interesting, although it seems like you're grasping at straws and over generalizing on a few points though. I doubt Miura has had much (if any) major exposure to Christian mythology, remember, he does live in Japan (predominantly Shinto & Buddhist) so I don't think he would've taken that much time to incorporate all of those things. Maybe Griffith and Jesus both just represent an archetypal sort of thing and their particular archetype follows that pattern. Or maybe you're just making connections that aren't there. ^^; But I guess you could be on to something.

**Wow, it's been a long time since I've done one of these long, serious posts!** 8)

Bill

Daydreaming....
Jesus was passive. Griffith has made his own army and is going to conquer the world.

No, I don't think Griffith is like Jesus . He's a his own version of Temujin (Genghis Khan).

kimchan

Also, completely off the subject for moment, could you maybe resize your avatar, Blade King? It's a tad bit huge. ^^;;;;

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
The Blade King said:
What do You Think?

You forgot to include the "Apostles" as further backup of the similarity between the story of Jezus and Griffith. ;)

But I believe as was said before in the 'White Hawk' thread if I'm not mistaken, that Griffith is more like the Anti-Christ leading us to the apocalypse. But in the end Griffith is just Griffith and I doubt Miura will let him exactly follow the path of Jezus or any other known legendary figure in this world. Maybe he'll become king and bring peace all over the world, all which will be fucked up by Guts on his quest for revenge when he charges Griffith in his Demon Armor. Thus Guts will become the new King of Midland and everyone lives happily ever after. ;D

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
kimchan said:
I don't think Griffith "believed" he would be a king, it was his dream/ambition to become one.
Griffith has never said that he wanted to become a King. He has spoken about being "the engine of the world" (issue 3) about the castle (various times) and in general about a dream the he follows above all, but he has never fully revealed what is dream really is
([/u] If you're referring to sacrifice in battle, this might make a little more sense, but if you mean the Eclipse, there didn't seem to be much asking on Griffith's part. And I admit I'm not an expert on Christianity, but I don't remember anything requiring someone to let themselves be fed to lions.
It was not a forced sacrice like the one of the Hawks, but everyone of those first christians was expected to accept martyrdom like our lord and jously too.
And you can thank Emperor Constantine for Christianity's takeover of Rome, not human lion food
And you can thank the new band of the hawks (Grundebeld, Zod and co.) for defeating the Kushan and taking over midland, not the apostle food that were the old hawks.
I'm not sure if these two compare very well, Griffith was tortured for a full year, nearly completely disabled, and had his life's ambition taken from him. Jesus got maybe a day or two's worth at most?
Try that day or two. Don't tell you anything His last words "Eli lama sabactani ?"="My Lord,why have You forsaken me ?"

Jesus wasn't reborn, just resurrected. Griffith never died, he just became something else.
Well Jesus too was not "resurected" He defeated death that was unable to hold Him.And Jesus didn't become too something else? He is part of the Trinity now (no. not that "Trinity" :p) even if I admit I have never even in the comic books seen a hand with three fingers.
[ And I don't think Griffith is the head of the Midland religion either, White Hawk or not.
Nor is Jesus of Christianity- The head of the Catholich Church is the Pope- The head of the Church of England is the Queen of England and so on.
Well, I admit, actual angels described in the bible are pretty creepy sometimes, but I'm not sure if they're on par with Femto and Slann or vice versa.
They (the angels) are creepier than you think. If you read the history of Lilith the first wife of Adam...

Now this is a thougt: Slan and Lilith...naahh Slan cannot hold a candle to Lilith (the sworn enemy of humankind or at least some say so)

Bill said:
Jesus was passive. Griffith has made his own army and is going to conquer the world.

Exactly, Jesus was sent (if i m not wrong) to freed the world from their sins, not to conquer the world.

If u mean Griffith was like satan that is coming to rule the world with darkness, then i think this will be better!

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
Mizar said:
You forgot to include the "Apostles" as further backup of the similarity between the story of Jezus and Griffith. ;)

But I believe as was said before in the 'White Hawk' thread if I'm not mistaken, that Griffith is more like the Anti-Christ leading us to the apocalypse. But in the end Griffith is just Griffith and I doubt Miura will let him exactly follow the path of Jezus or any other known legendary figure in this world. Maybe he'll become king and bring peace all over the world, all which will be fucked up by Guts on his quest for revenge when he charges Griffith in his Demon Armor. Thus Guts will become the new King of Midland and everyone lives happily ever after. ;D

Sounds like a happy ending!

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Dragon Slayer said:
Sounds like a happy ending!

Oh shit, you're right, that last sentence should actually be "Thus Guts becomes the new King of Midland, but since Guts only knows how to fight and nothing about ruling a country everyone will die or live unhappily ever after." ;D

kimchan

Mizar said:
Oh shit, you're right, that last sentence should actually be "Thus Guts becomes the new King of Midland, but since Guts only knows how to fight and nothing about ruling a country everyone will die or live unhappily ever after." ;D

Well, it is Berserk... Sounds like a happy ending! ;D

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Agnostic point of vue : Jesus Christ= Anti-Christ
so it's not unplausible saying Griffith is some sort of anti-christ ... but can we from now separate the two sides of the same person ? Probably Jesus looked cool and all, but Joseph knew he was a devil son and he tried to kill him... I think he failed, but he should be a barbarian, because Marie 'was' virgin, so he must have fucked her in the ass.!
Go Guts ;D
Guil

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Where did you read that?

- Bob
I was referring to The Blade King's post about parallelism between Griffith/Jesus, so Casca/Maria and Jospeh/Guts. i WONDER IF MARIA HAD GONE INSANE AFTER BIENG IMPREGNANTED BY GOD ...
Guil

roberto999

Guil egoless said:
but he should be a barbarian, because Marie 'was' virgin, so he must have fucked her in the ass.!
Go Guts ;D
Guil
Marie was not married with Joseph yet when the angel told her that she was pregnant and that she would remain a virgin until her son was born. And the Bible says"and because Joseph was a honest man, he married her"

Lliugusamui

around the corner
roberto999 said:
Marie was not married with Joseph yet when the angel told her that she was pregnant and that she would remain a virgin until her son was born. And the Bible says"and because Joseph was a honest man, he married her"
Sorry i didnt know... but do you really think honest men exist ? Well honest men sure exist, but men married not consuming ... well thats another thing !
Guil

roberto999

She was a virgin only until Jesus was born(evidently Joseph respected her during her pregnancy) afterwards the things did follow their natural way, because twice in the Bible are mentioned brothers and sisters of Jesus: one at the wedding of Canaan (brothers and sisters) and later at the time of the last preaching at the village where He did grown up , a man said:"This man, whose sisters live among us"

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Because it never said she went crazy in the Bible.

- Bob
Wow big argument. I'll tell you in books ( whatever books are ) the authors don't write all thr truth (mostly in the Bible because they were so numberous to chit chat and write a lot to look serious ).
It also never said Christian God doesnt exist, well and we all know he cant exist ! Just tell me you believe in God and convince me Allah, Zeus, Ra, Thor and co dont exist ... ouch man !
Guil

Top Bottom