Summertime horrible story

puella

Berserk forever
It's summer! horror movie season. :D
I want to know horrible stories you've ever known of.
Your own experience or just from other people are all welcome.

As for me, it happened when I was high-school student.
I was doing soemthing at my desk and it was hot summer so I left the window open.
I remember it was around 2:00 am.
I heard many people playing so well singing and dancing with some sound of drum. But the drum sound was from very old instrument which had been used long ago.
I lived on 9th floor of apartment back then.
And the sound didn't come from the bottom or some neighborhood. If that's the case, the guard or residents of the apartment would have not take it because the sound lasted more than an hour.
I heard it right next to the window. In other words, it's from the air. :eek:
I was scared so much and nobody was awake except me in my house.
Was I on drug? or.....

M

medievald00d

the vibrations through the apartment could have caused it. If the apartment/house's windows are old, they can rattle like that. If you live next to train tracks, it definately could have been caused by the train...

On that note, I remember days in my past where i thought i was awake at 2 a.m. or something, and saw a bluish light flash outside of my window. I thought i was abducted by aliens, until i realized that i had a good night's sleep and that no one else in the neighborhood had seen bright lights..... ::)

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
The past four summers were hellish for me as I had to work around 70+ hours a week to earn enough money to pay for tuition. I remember one summer only getting three days off the entire three months. :p That caused me to be really batty all summer as I would sometimes sleepwalk and once woke up on the hardwood floor of my living room with the TV on and no blankets. I hated my life back then.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I remember these past 3 summers... waking up in a sweltering heat and having to put on cammies all F'ING DAY... I'm glad it was just a dream....wait a minute... :-X

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
I've had my share of weird experiences,some of them in the paranormal field and I thought I'd tell you about one of them.

This story takes place eight years ago,when I was eighteen.I was enjoying my summer vacation in a small city in the south of France called "Brignoles".On the night "it" happened,I had gone to a mexican fair which was going on in the city center.There I was,looking at the hot chicks dancing on the stage and drinking some coke,-just so that you guys don't assume I drank any alcohol on that night-until approximately 11:40PM.I then decided to go home,"home" being a very old family owned villa in which countless stories such as this one have happened,some of them not disclosed to me to this day.
Anyway,I went to my room with the firm intention to get into my jammies.

Now,this house is divided in two different sections and there was absolutely nobody in the one I was in,everybody else being in front of the TV set.We were reaching midnight,and I was absolutely naked,in the process of getting into those jammies.And then,"it" happened.I heard a sound coming from theoutside corridor leading to the bedrooms like footsteps.Footsteps.Three of them.I figured something might have fallen from a shelf,or that one of the pets was in the vicinity.Either way,I had this feeling that something was happening.The feeling was neither good nor bad,it just was.Naked as I was,I glanced out from the room assuming that after all,one of my bros or cousins might have been right there trying to fuck with my head or something.But I didn't see any of them.In fact,i didn't see anything,but still knew there just had to be something,because of that sound I had heard,and of that weird feeling.I went out from the room.
Everything seemed in order,and as I was beginning to think this was just my fucking imagination,I casually looked at my feet.What I saw standing right in front of them,almost,I still don't understand.
I saw a boot.Yes,a boot.A spanish looking boot,with golden stuff onto it with a baroque feel to it.It looked brand new.I was staring at a spanish looking boot and was forcing myself not to close my eyes,assuming it might disappear if I closed them,like any good fantastic addict would assume.After what felt like a minute but really must have been much less,but truth be told,I'm not sure,I naturally had to close them.I heard the exact same sound,footsteps,except that this time I heard it backwards,as if the boot was leaving.I opened my eyes,and it was gone.

Call me crazy if you will,but all of this happened to me nonetheless.I think I'll post some other of those stories in the near future,great idea for a thread Puella!
Looking back,I should have touched that boot,but doing anything else but looking felt impossible at the time.

puella

Berserk forever
medievald00d said:
the vibrations through the apartment could have caused it. If the apartment/house's windows are old, they can rattle like that. If you live next to train tracks, it definately could have been caused by the train...

Interesting thought but well, I didn't live near train tracks and the apartment building wasn't that old. Only 4-5years old?

Oltobaz said:
Call me crazy if you will,but all of this happened to me nonetheless.I think I'll post some other of those stories in the near future,great idea for a thread Puella!
Looking back,I should have touched that boot,but doing anything else but looking felt impossible at the time.

Wow, nice story, Oltobaz. I'm expecting your next story. :D

** I had another odd and horrible experience.
It was 6years ago. I lived alone in some small house on the first floor of the 4 story building.
From some time, whenever it's over 1:00 am, my doorbell suddenly went up. Someone rang it! I had videophone which made me check who's at the door. Of course, I checked the videophone as soon as the bell rang.
But nobody was there! Nobody!
It lasted for more than a month. Not every night though.
I reported it to my landlord and landlady so they told me when it happened, I should call them. And they even reported it to the police but they only got the useless answer from the police saying "sorry but we can't catch ghosts, sir. The videophone or doorbell must be out of order. you'd better check it"
But I know they were all stupid because there's nothing wrong with the videophone and doorbell.
We even assumed some animal like cat or dog might cause it.
But there was no sound of movement at the door.

One day, when the doorbell rang 'automatically' I called the two and they , whole family members,got out of the house and combed the neighborhood for the criminal but ony failed.
After that, it still lasted.

Anyway, it stopped from some time. About a few months later.
I and my friends still talk about that happening.

Why and how do you think it happend? ::)

G

Genn21

whenever it's over 1:00 am, my doorbell suddenly went up. Someone rang it! I had videophone which made me check who's at the door. Of course, I checked the videophone as soon as the bell rang.
But nobody was there! Nobody!
It lasted for more than a month. Not every night though.
I reported it to my landlord and landlady so they told me when it happened, I should call them. And they even reported it to the police but they only got the useless answer from the police saying "sorry but we can't catch ghosts, sir. The videophone or doorbell must be out of order. you'd better check it"
But I know they were all stupid because there's nothing wrong with the videophone and doorbell.
We even assumed some animal like cat or dog might cause it.
But there was no sound of movement at the door.

In the south we have a name for knocking on the door and running away. I would'nt doubt this technique is used worldwide to cause pain and discomfort to the modern man or woman who enjoys there relaxation. Knick-knocks as what there called down here are done by kids or who ever else thinks they can get away with it. The point however puella is to get away , and not get get caught. So if whoever did this isnt caught it only meens they suceeded ^_^.

puella

Berserk forever
Umm, considering the buiilding had nothing to hide the criminal......
I thought about that so many ways.

1) To Genn21:
How can a man run off in a few seconds without any sound of movement? He's a good athlete or invisible man? ::)

2) To Griffith
I had the same thought with you. haha.
I thought the doorbell just went crazy when the specific time came.

** How about this one?
He might use some remote control equipment with electric sensor only in order to startle me? :eek:

=)

M

medievald00d

could have been a malfunctioning doorbell...maybe vibrations could have set it off by accident, maybe bugs bit through some of the wiring, who knows? did it fix itself?

I dont have very many stories, but hey, im only 15...i have another 45 years or so to get to know the paranormal...

G

Genn21

puella said:
Umm, considering the buiilding had nothing to hide the criminal......
I thought about that so many ways.

1) To Genn21:
How can a man run off in a few seconds without any sound of movement? He's a good athlete or invisible man? ::)

=)

:'( I got Hagued by pui pui.. and her old apartment. This looks like a mystery for scoo... Wait Conan the librarian. He can handle ANYTHING

Maybe the building owner was playing a practical joke on you puella ^.^

conan.jpg

VS

Puella's
FXD001384.jpg

G

Genn21

.What I saw standing right in front of them,almost,I still don't understand.
I saw a boot.Yes,a boot.A spanish looking boot,with golden stuff onto it with a baroque feel to it.It looked brand new.I was staring at a spanish looking boot and was forcing myself not to close my eyes,assuming it might disappear if I closed them,like any good fantastic addict would assume

Im not saying your drunk and hallucinating lord knows you need much more alcohol. How much did you drink before you went to bed ? Did you close your eye's before you saw the boot before you ?.. How well light was the room ?

puella

Berserk forever
Umm, this is another story.

My friend told me a friend of hers saw a ghost in her house so many times. Usually in the kitchen.
When she got back home, she often found some shadow looking like woman in forties sat at table.
Finally her family moved out.

I've heard so many people witnessed ghost.
but I want to aks you guys.

** Should I believe her? ::)

For me, my family doesnt believe any paranormal activity around in this world, i mean u are living in a world of technology and we are in space era now, everything must be a science logic behind etc. My father even claimed that he would eat any ghosts if he had came across one! ;D

Yet, there is still something which lets us doubt about "there is no ghost..." My brothers who also had that mind as my father (anti-ghost i should say) but after they finished their army they had completely changed the idea... here is some examples:

Eldest brother: He claimed that almost everynight he could heard a voice singing outside his bunk, yet he was not the only one, the whole platoon claimed also! But the worst part was he had actually saw one, after rubbing his eyes countless times, it was still there. Right on the camp rooftop, singing :eek:

Second brother: Back in his army days, there was one night when everyone was sleeping soundly when a scream appear out of nowhere, they turned on the light and guess what? One of the private was lying in the centre of the bunk, on the floor, looking totally terrified he said that something had grabbed his leg and dragged him across the floor from his bed!!! :eek:

Third brother: Well, it was during one of the night shift for my 3rd brother, everything seemed fine when suddenly the alarm sounded! This got everyone on the heel to see what was happen. In the end they found nothing evident, so they turned to the cameras on the area where it sounded and they saw something, a white human figure streaking past not one but all the cameras in that area!!! :eek:

As for me, i dun think i really like to talk about my real experience, i think i m having goosebump now :p

puella

Berserk forever
Smith said:
For me, my family doesnt believe any paranormal activity around in this world, i mean u are living in a world of technology and we are in space era now, everything must be a science logic behind etc. My father even claimed that he would eat any ghosts if he had came across one! ;D

Yet, there is still something which lets us doubt about "there is no ghost..." My brothers who also had that mind as my father (anti-ghost i should say) but after they finished their army they had completely changed the idea... here is some examples:

Eldest brother: He claimed that almost everynight he could heard a voice singing outside his bunk, yet he was not the only one, the whole platoon claimed also! But the worst part was he had actually saw one, after rubbing his eyes countless times, it was still there. Right on the camp rooftop, singing :eek:

Second brother: Back in his army days, there was one night when everyone was sleeping soundly when a scream appear out of nowhere, they turned on the light and guess what? One of the private was lying in the centre of the bunk, on the floor, looking totally terrified he said that something had grabbed his leg and dragged him across the floor from his bed!!! :eek:

Third brother: Well, it was during one of the night shift for my 3rd brother, everything seemed fine when suddenly the alarm sounded! This got everyone on the heel to see what was happen. In the end they found nothing evident, so they turned to the cameras on the area where it sounded and they saw something, a white human figure streaking past not one but all the cameras in that area!!! :eek:

Ohhh, interesting.
I've heard of too many stories about ghost in army.
They even say it's no big deal to see ghost in army camp.
A friend of mine said he and co-soldiers met some ghosts too often.He served in the army for about 3years.
When he was on sentry in some mountain valley, he saw and even fired at it.
Another one often came up in barrack when they called the roll before sleep. It looked like a young woman.

As for me, i dun think i really like to talk about my real experience, i think i m having goosebump now :p
If your goosebumps are gone now, tell us! 8)

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Genn21 said:
Im not saying your drunk and hallucinating lord knows you need much more alcohol. How much did you drink before you went to bed ? Did you close your eye's before you saw the boot before you ?.. How well light was the room ?

I drank some coke,but that was it.When I went out from the room,I didn't see it right away,I had to look down at my feet.That's when I saw it and
that I forced myself not to close my eyes,startled as I was.The corridor was lit just fine,it was not dark at all.

puella said:
Ohhh, interesting.
I've heard of too many stories about ghost in army.
They even say it's no big deal to see ghost in army camp.

Oh no, i guess i gonna freak out when i join the army, especially if i had to patrol alone at night in the jungle :eek:

btw i heard from my brother that at night during the training when u are urgent for toliet, u had to go with a parter, there was a case when one of them went alone, and he never came back... :-X

puella said:
If your goosebumps are gone now, tell us! 8)

Hard to descibe becz that "thing" is in my house, just above my ceiling in my study room :p

I lived in a terrace house which has 3 stories, on the top floor was my parent room and a study room, both rooms are linked together by the bathroom. The window are always shut by the curtain and my maid normally locked the door and the bathroom door from the study room after my dad left (it will be locked until he came back)

So one day, or i should say everytime i use the bathroom at night, the door which linked to the study room seemed to be vibrating (in a sense it was like wind blowing against the door which cause it to vibrate against the hinges)... it never fail to make that sound when i was at the bathroom and no one was at the 3rd floor, and guess what? It never vibrate again whenever there is somebody at the 3rd floor, really weird ???

At first scared out of my wit, but after years i was getting use to it, i even tried open the door after that incident and i found that the window is shut, where the hell the wind came from? Since then i had trying to use different logic to assure myself but it never did becz i couldnt explained it either.

I never really believe this exist in my house until i had a dream, a very terrifying one! I dunno how to explained, but it was really scaring. In the dream i even had that kind of feeling which many people describe, like u would be overwhelming with cold and u couldnt move fast etc...

I think i should take a break first (becz right now i was alone in the house :p)

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Unfortunatly I have determined that I am a ghost repellant. I did post earlier my horrible summer, but I've never had a horror filled summer; and that's sad considering I live and went to college in one of the oldest and probably most haunted places around. I even went to a haunted elementary school (Matthew Whaley) and though all my friends seemed to have seen a spector or two, I haven't. :p Since I don't have any good stories of my own, I'll just post links to stories that other people have had:

http://truestories.ghosthunting101.com/ghost150.htm
The first entry.

http://truestories.ghosthunting101.com/ghost37.htm
It's down about 1/3 of the way through titled "Williamsburg stories"

http://www.ghostweb.com/monett1.html
I think this is the George Wythe House. Too bad it isn't a picture of the Peyton-Randolph house, which is one of the most haunted houses in Colonial Williamsburg.

http://www.hauntedhouses.com/states/va/house4.htm
More info on the CW houses. * On the story of about the security guard Mr. Jones (Peyton-Randolph House), he eventually worked as a security guard at W&M and one Halloween, he was patroling the area where the library is. A few yards in front of the library is a sundial and some frat boys decided to take the head of a cadavir and put it on the sundial. Poor Mr. Jones was the first one to see it and and he's been in a mental hospital ever since.

I also know of a few more stories. If you want I could post those. But this will do for now.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I was walking some time in the lonely country road that go to home ( I live out of the town, in a place a little aloof) when this guy came out of nowhere,nd begin to wak beside me: I don't know he did me a creepy feeling. For a while none of us did say anithing then was unable to resist further and I aked: "Excuse me sir I take that you are new of those parts." "Yes- he said- "I just moved in that house there, with my family." I looked and I saw a house with THE LIGHTS ON. Then I looked closely at him and I saw that he was breathing. This scared me to no end and I was so terrified that I vanished immediately like a wisp of smoke...

M

medievald00d

I've heard stories about my middle school being haunted
the Teachers there SWEAR that the school is haunted.

Oh yea, about 50 years ago, the principal at the middle school went crazy and took a revolver, killed 6 or 7 people, then killed himself. True story.

I've also heard about janitors and students sneaking into the auditorium at nights to find like 5 or 6 ghosts...dont know if thats true though....

One of my teachers swears up and down that he locked the door at the school while grading papers, but half an hour later, the door opened on its own (the door wasnt faulty btw..)

M

medievald00d

sorry for making a double post...

Roberto, you DO realize that some families keep the lights on for one reason or another? even if their family isnt home?

Some do it to keep burglars from coming into their house
and hey, he might have had a family in there...

roberto999 said:
Then I looked closely at him and I saw that he was breathing.

I dont get this, are u saying he wasnt breathing ???

Btw i think i remember another encounter with this kind of thing, it was during one of my school camp when i stay overnight there, as i was about to change into my sleeping attire, there was a long queue waiting at the toliet near my school hall (the place where we slept). So a few of my friend and i decided to go to a toliet where it is sure unoccupied, located at the furthest end of my school building.

I remember that it looked errie at the end of the school corridor and there was no light around (the only dim light were the street lamp reflected far outside), one of my friend, who was the 1st person to reach there, push the door and enter the toliet, as he was about to turn on the light, one of my friend was calling us to wait for him. So my friend who got in first came out to check who was that person. Knowing what happened, he enter it for the second time and it was at this point we got a shock! It was locked! My friend push it and it wouldnt bulge, soon the rest join in but the door remained firm, it was then we heard something dropping, all of us at this point look through the ventilation shaft in the toliet, it was dark and eerily (the light wasnt on), but we were very sure the sound came from there...

Of coz we sprint back to the hall faster than any other record holder in the school, and we barely mentioned it again :p

P.S: I m sorry to disappoint u for i havent met any apparition yet in my life, but for me personally i wish i never would :)

puella

Berserk forever
Smith said:
I dont get this, are u saying he wasnt breathing ???
Me, either. I don't get it. Roberto, could you elaborate more?
Why did the light and breathing terrify you? ???

P.S: I m sorry to disappoint u for i havent met any apparition yet in my life, but for me personally i wish i never would :)

me, either 8)

** Well, horrible story must go on. ;D
Years ago, I got a taxi at 11:00 pm around in the stormy night.
It rained cats and dogs.
The driver took a shortcut to my home. We had to go by some cemetery in the mountain.
At that time somebody came out of nowhere and stopped the taxi. It was a woman in black.
She told him to take her to the cemetery.
At around 11 p.m in such stormy night?
Besides, there's no place where she could be. It was so secluded road by the mountain. :eek:
Anyway the driver said no to her and rolled up the car window.
He also said to me "oh she''s so scary. Am I harsh?" but I didn't say anything just checking rear view mirror. oh, god! It was just like shitty mediocre horror movie. She's gone! I couldn't see her.

Well, I think she could be a human. But it's so odd thing, don't you think so? ::)

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Am I the only one who gets Roberto's joke? I think it's pretty obvious, with the lights on and the breathing and the vanishing like wisps of smoke. It's a ghost story from the ghost's perspective!

Top Bottom