Kenshin Seishouhen

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Anybody saw that?What did you guys think?Don't go too much into details,though,I wouldn't want to spoil it for anybody.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
the Kenshin OVAs are very good in my opinion. I enjoyed seisouhen very much, but think it skipped around quite a bit too much.

I heard the original creator of Kenshin didn't have anything to do with the anime. His manga ended with Kenshin and his girl having a boy and Yahiko inheriting his reverse-bladed sword.
Anyway, I thought the movie could've given Kenshin a better fate than that IMO. (I hope I'm talking about the right movie here)

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
yes yes you are. the ending was perfect. Truth be told, I MUCH prefer the world the OVA's constructed as compared to the Manga.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Oltobaz said:
Anybody saw that?What did you guys think?Don't go too much into details,though,I wouldn't want to spoil it for anybody.

I really enjoyed the animation, but prefer the story in the first OVA series. My boyfriend and I do not think that it's the definitive ending to Kenshin. But I still liked it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Miyu said:
I really enjoyed the animation, but prefer the story in the first OVA series. My boyfriend and I do not think that it's the definitive ending to Kenshin. But I still liked it.
I've read the manga and the "special story" released in the 4th art book which seems to be the basis of this OVA, and I thought it was overall pretty faithful, considering.

Really, what's to complain about? Too mushy for you?

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Walter said:
Really, what's to complain about? Too mushy for you?

It's definitly not the mush. In fact, I loved the cute scenes between Kenshin and Kaoru. I almost cried in the end :'( But a part of me didn't want to see the end. Probably because of that I didn't enjoy it as much. If it makes you feel better, I do think it's beautifully done and a great story and I would watch it again, but it's not one of my top picks.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
it was pretty damn good, I liked the ending, and also they cut out all of the bullshit from the 3rd season. POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD!!!

I'm just wondering what disease kenshin had. does anyone know?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't really matter what the disease was. The whole point is that his body was weakened from all of the fighting he'd done. Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu was meant for bodies like Hiko Seijuro. A wuss like Kenshin can't handle that sort of treatment, and so his immune system died down along with the rest of his body. It could have even been an advanced form of the common cold, but like I said, it really doesn't matter.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
I love that short genpuku fight Yahiko and Kenji have at the end.
Also,the way the flashbacks are really awesome,even though we don't see much of Saïto and Aoshi,and I was very pleased with Enishi.
Anyway the ending is just one of the most powerful endings I've ever seen.

O

Ozmo

I didn't like it at all. Spoliers ahead:

They totally changed the last Enishi fight from "Kenshin won by being the better fighter (for once)" into "Kenshin won only because Enishi collapsed for no particular reason". They brutally butchered the entire Jinchuu arch into around 4% of it's actual lenght and changed the ending of "Kenshin lives happily ever after with Kaoru" into "Kenshin lives miserably in China for a while, then dies even more miserably with Kaoru".

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
I guess you didn' like the first Ovas,then:there were a lot of differences between them and the manga as well.

Kefky

Boo!
I liked tsukio hen, and I hated seisouhen. Don't wanna start any type of arguments though, so I'll just leave it at that. *runs away*

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Ozmo said:
I didn't like it at all. Spoliers ahead:

They totally changed the last Enishi fight from "Kenshin won by being the better fighter (for once)" into "Kenshin won only because Enishi collapsed for no particular reason". They brutally butchered the entire Jinchuu arch into around 4% of it's actual lenght

in regards to the final fight, the manga and the anime looks pretty much the same to me. kenshin did not even land a hit on enishi (note, not his sword however) throughout the whole fight.

in regards to cutting the length of jinchuu arc, i think i recall the original artist mentioning that, looking back, he would've prefered cutting it down to just enishi.

all and all, i hated the series because it was so mawkish, it's like every fucking villain has fucking tragic past.

O

Ozmo

Oltobaz said:
I guess you didn' like the first Ovas,then:there were a lot of differences between them and the manga as well.

Actually I liked them pretty much. The quality of the animation and sound was just awesome and it didn't differ too much from my idea of RK. :)

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
for me it would be better end to the ova if he had actually died at enishis hands that would be something and i liked the manga happy ending better the second ova was dumb they went two fast whit the story some parts are hard to understand i had to see it twice to really figure out what was happening

Top Bottom