Best Fights

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
The fights in Berserk are so damn amazing. If u gotta pick which fights as your favorite, which will it be? There is so many good fights in Berserk. Not a easy to pick one. If I have to pick one, I would say the second time Guts fought Zodd. Man, these two great fighters really went all out! The intensity and skills is just too awesome!!! Guts swordmasnship is push to the limit. I never expect Zodd to do a backflip to avoid being hack. Most of the time, Guts was in defensive mode because Zodd is a fucken machine. I love swordplay action and this fights is as good as it get. Then Zodd, the cheap bastard, turn into appostle. Guts couldn't conscentrate with Caska in harms way.

Whats your favorite fights in Berserk?

M

medievald00d

I didnt like the second Zodd fight. It was too fast for me, and i had trouble figuring out what they were doing in some scenes....

The fight i liked the most was with Wild. Quite frankly, i was happy as hell when Guts shoved the sword up his eye. Guts really used strategy against Wild too, so I definately give that a thumbs up.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
medievald00d said:
I didnt like the second Zodd fight. It was too fast for me, and i had trouble figuring out what they were doing in some scenes....
You don't have TiVo hooked up to your volume 22? What, are you living under a rock man? Get with the friggen times.

Senri

I'm a llama!
the second zodd fight to me was the best.It wasnt to fast,these pictures arent puzzles you know you can make them out.IT just comes to show as well gatsus sword skills improving.Look now he can be on par with zodd in his regular form,if not better i belive with his new big sword,with that new sword his power is transcending that of zodds sword swing.The only way zodd is to beat him with ease would be changing to minotaur mode.But when the time comes gatsu probably will improve a greater deal beyond what our expectations.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
the fight with Roshinu.... Guts took so MUCH punishment....that wins by far in my book

M

medievald00d

well, there were some scenes where a blurred Guts and Zodd were drawn three times...in the same scene... Miura did that with the 100 man battle too... Some of the scenes i could tell who was doing what...some of them were a bit confusing....and that little scene where Guts kicks a sword into Zodd? i found that part out after going through the fight twice...there were like a bazillion swords, and they were using some, kicking some away, and kicking them into the opponent...confusing stuff....

O

Ozmo

I really liked the battle at the "sword hill" with Guts and Zodd. Other good ones would be urmm... Serpico vs Guts on the cliff, Guts vs Roshinu and Guts vs demon horde at the Eclipse (I would have had trouble imagining how someone could survive such a place for more than a minute if I hadn't seen this :) ).

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I liked the fight with Roshinu, although the Hill of Swords-Zodd battle was pretty awesome too. Of course, I haven't gotten all of the manga yet, so I could always end up changing my mind. ;)

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
My personal favorite fight is when Caska finally defeats Adon. She's still able to kill that pompous ass, even though she was poisoned. I love seeing that scene over and over again. It just tickles me. :-*

G

Genn21

I love seeing farnese battle Gut's sword in that two legged banana split position.That was one of the ultimate battles gut's had to deal with. when the days were long from casca. He fought long and hard and actully won :).

Who doesent like the vol 2-3 fights. There really hard to pick from tho. I'd say when gut's smashes the count's avatars head against the wall. It gives me a warm feeling.

When guts tries to kill off roshinu thats one of the greatest end fights to the series. Guts realises he's just one big lug batteling his emotions and cant go through with killing another person who means something to him. Well... that was more a emotional battle than physical but it was good.

Guts vs the snail baron takes the cake for how much punishment he took imo. All armor got destroyed/knocked off, shin broken, fingers broken, head smashed/slashed, lots of coughing up blood, ribs broken and/or internal bleeding.

My personal favorite is the hill of swords, for the absolutely excellent action and technique both on part of the artists expressing the speed and movement of the scene and the combatants themselves.

Close second is when Guts passes through the town that the Kushan scout/assassins were going through and where Ishidoro is introduced. Just Guts' overall attitude that for once he doesn't want to fight and that he has something more important to be doing, Ishidoro shitting himself, and the panel 'Oh, you won't listen to me', amongst others.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Serpico and Guts on the cliff! It's the best fight in the series! NO! The highlight of the series! It's a shame that not enough people like Serpico, the main character of Berserk. I really think Miura made it pretty clear that Guts is an weaker overall fighter than Serpico, and that paying attention to the big lug is waste of time since Serpico is the tactical master in the series (better than Griffith even). Remember when he threw one of Guts own bombs back at him! BRILLIANT!! If Guts wasn't such a big bully, Serpico would have beaten him long ago. I think more people should post about how super duper he is!

-Griffith

P.S. OMG! and there first fight Serpico won! LOL@! :D :D :D

Though the second battle with Zodd is cool, but the best fight i prefer was the fight with the mozges disciples, he fought really well! 8)

Talking about the best moment, was when his head got stuck in the tree by the beetle (vol 15), he uses his leg to push against the tree, and then make a flip which apparently slash the flea monster into half :)

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Griffith said:
Serpico and Guts on the cliff! It's the best fight in the series! NO! The highlight of the series! It's a shame that not enough people like Serpico, the main character of Berserk. I really think Miura made it pretty clear that Guts is an weaker overall fighter than Serpico, and that paying attention to the big lug is waste of time since Serpico is the tactical master in the series (better than Griffith even). Remember when he threw one of Guts own bombs back at him! BRILLIANT!! If Guts wasn't such a big bully, Serpico would have beaten him long ago. I think more people should post about how super duper he is!

-Griffith

P.S. OMG! and there first fight Serpico won! LOL@! :D :D :D
Oh yeah also even though Serpico attacked Guts from behind Guts suprised him what a cheater he couldn't beat Serpico's awesome speed in a fair duel.

M

medievald00d

SATAN said:
Oh yeah also even though Serpico attacked Guts from behind Guts suprised him what a cheater he couldn't beat Serpico's awesome speed in a fair duel.

d00d...
1. he's being sarcastic (either that or its an overly dramatic side of Griffith i've never seen...)
2. We're all tired of the Griffith vs. Serpico thread. dont revitalize it...at all....
3. Griffith hates people who like Serpico...(i think...)

medievald00d said:
2. We're all tired of the Griffith vs. Serpico thread. dont revitalize it...at all....

It is not only Serpico vs Griffith thread, but also include " What is the best swordsman beside Guts" thread whereby everyone argue for the second best title. Well, we are all tired of that... :-X

Isidro versus the old man that he jacked the apples from man that rocked especially when he used his tactical abilitys and fainted crying then busted out his wicked suplex man that kicked ass...isidro could totaly whup on Guts

Soul Blader

My blade seeks vengeance!!
The 100 men battle
Zodd fights
Battle with Wyld
Battle with Boscogne
Battle with Roshinu( Her final form was basically a demonic jet.)
The battle with those giant insects.
Guts is not weaker than Serpico, probably Slower,and less techical but not weaker. Serpico couldnt go through all the shit and punishment Guts been through(The massacre during the Eclipse is a good example.),hes too damn frail. One good hit and Serpicos DEAD! Being a more technical fighter can only get you so far. Having a fighting instinct, strength and endurence is far more important.

Close second is when Guts passes through the town that the Kushan scout/assassins were going through and where Ishidoro is introduced. ---------------------------
yeah that fight kicked ass.

Soul Blader said:
Guts is not weaker than Serpico, probably Slower,and less techical but not weaker. Serpico couldnt go through all the shit and punishment Guts been through(The massacre during the Eclipse is a good example.),hes too damn frail. One good hit and Serpicos DEAD! Being a more technical fighter can only get you so far. Having a fighting instinct, strength and endurence is far more important.

Are we going to start a Gutz vs Serpico thread? :-X

If anyone does that i will kill that person! >:(

Kefky

Boo!
Pazuso all the way. :p

And my favorite fights are Gatsu vs. Zodd part2 and Gatsu vs. Serpico part2. Gatsu vs Roshinu was great too.

N

Nasferatu Zodd

I think that the zodd fight in the anime series was pretty cool! I really want to see what the Mangas version looked like. But im really new at this stuff. The only volumes i have are the first three (in English of course). And i really need help finding The others. If anyone can help me, please do.

Top Bottom