Episode 225

puella

Berserk forever
Re:Chapter 224

Walter said:
And what of Skully/Zodd? I suppose it will end just like all of their fights do, we'll see the ass end of it or nothing but battle wounds.

According to the Japanese guy,(I should say this so often till I get YA) :'(
SK and Zodd are fighting so equally.
But Grunbeld says about the fight of the two, "Zodd's fight has good luck(is lucky)". Oh what the hell?

Anyway, Guts calls Grunbled "Bakemon" when he laughs at Guts with many offending words.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re:Chapter 225

Swordsman in Sable said:
Of course Walter and Griffith have already hit those points sorta ;D

And I'll hit it again. =)

I agree with everything Sable said above. I think all this “power up” talk is premature. So far it just sounds like he's fighting all out as if the wound wasn't a factor, but the armor isn't actually helping it any (juding from what Scierke said). It'll let him fight his beast, er, Imean best, but... he could end up dying on his feet for it. Anyway, there's probably more to it, but we just don't know yet.

puella said:
But Grunbeld says about the fight of the two, "Zodd's fight has good luck(is lucky)". Oh what the hell?

Either Grunbeld doesn't think much of Zoddo, or he thinks Zoddo is lucky to have such a good opponent (makes sense considering his situation with Guts for him to make a comment like that). Either way, Grunbeld is one trashtalking mofo! ;D

puella said:
Anyway, Guts calls Grunbled "Bakemon" when he laughs at Guts with many offending words.

Grunny better watch is ass, he already pissed Guts off with all his shit talk, and now Guts is coming out gangbusters, kamikaze style. Bad combination for anyone Guts doesnt' particularly like. =)

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:Chapter 224

puella said:
You mean "Bakemono" as in, "Monster" ? How is that significant?

Griffith said:
So far it just sounds like he's fighting all out as if the wound wasn't a factor, but the armor isn't actually helping it any (juding from what Scierke said). It'll let him fight his beast, er, Imean best, but... he could end up dying on his feet for it.

Agree with above. What we need next chapter is Grunbeld to hit Guts with a full on blow from the War Hammer, just to see how much this armor can shield Guts.

I think we'll see the consequences of the armor directly after this battle. If he starts emitting steam/smoke from his feet, I'll have to revive an old speculation 8).

puella

Berserk forever

Walter said:
You mean "Bakemono" as in, "Monster" ? How is that significant?

Yeah but it doesn't seem significant. It's just Guts' badass wording.
Guts says "You monster(bakemon) dare to be proud that you are a warror?!" when Grunbled says so much about honor for warrior(**can't put those words into good English)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

puella said:
Yeah, it should be noted and it interests me so well.
Why do they all, Flora, Skully, Schierke show concern about the armor? ::)

According to the Japanese guy, Guts cuts off apostles so fiercely as if he forgot all about his wound, lost eye and arm.
He even wondered if the armor could make up for Guts' lost parts?

Is it like drug or something?
Something like coke which makes you get huge power but also causes you to die little by little....
This remember me of the lance in the "Ushio and Tora" series. It was a lance that did give its possessor (Ushio) a great power when fighting monsters but it did give him also the monstrous form of a berserk and it did consume him a little every time it was used. At the end he would have not able to return normal and he would become a monster himself forever(don't worry when it did happen he was saved and by his girl friends at that ;D)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Maybe if he uses this strange "power armor" for more then half an hour he'll lose his mind (go psycho), and then the only thing that can save him is memories he pretends not to have of his sister.

(stares around at everyone who is confused by the reference to an anime they've never heard of )

Majin Tenshi said:
Maybe if he uses this strange "power armor" for more then half an hour he'll lose his mind, and then the only thing that can save him is memories he pretends not to have of his sister.

(stares around at everyone who is confused by the reference to an anime they've never heard of )

RoLW TV?

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps

uh.. how will guts get his metallic arm to fit through the sleeve of the new armor, and then use it?

Maybe that's the problem the magical people are referring to? When Guts uses the canon reflexively, with the sleeve covering his metallic arm... BOOM! :D

J

puella

Berserk forever

Godo said:
uh.. how will guts get his metallic arm to fit through the sleeve of the new armor, and then use it?

Maybe that's the problem the magical people are referring to? When Guts uses the canon reflexively, with the sleeve covering his metallic arm... BOOM! :D

J

Yeah, that's realy mystery. and Guts doesn't have any problem with the helmet? Considering his lost eye, then it's a bit.... ::)
According to the Japanese guy :'( (oh, God I want to know his name!) some readers say the inside of the armor might be empty so Guts' metallic arm and his cannon have no problem wearing it.

What do you think?

roberto999 said:
(at the dragon time? what does it mean?)

It means Tiger Time ;D

puella said:
What do you think?

Cool of coz, with the sleeve on and use the cannon at the same time, i mean that certainly ROCK! 8)

PS: Did Gutz managed to surprise Grunbeld with his new armor on? Or i hv to wait until the next chapter? :'( Damn Grunbeld, I m furious to see that kind of arrogant attitude, and those insulting words to Gutz. If i were Gutz i would be the 1st to slash his mouth off and make him beg for mercy >:(

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

puella said:
Yeah, that's realy mystery. and Guts doesn't have any problem with the helmet? Considering his lost eye, then it's a bit.... ::)
According to the Japanese guy :'( (oh, God I want to know his name!) some readers say the inside of the armor might be empty so Guts' metallic arm and his cannon have no problem wearing it.

What do you think?
Of course the inside of a armor is empty when none is wearing it, ;D and for the mettalic arm all he has to do is not wearing the sleeve:armor are not make of a one piece only or none could put them on.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

The artificial arm isn't that much thicker than his real arm. I think he might be able to fit it into the armour. The repeating crossbow that he attaches onto his arm, however, would never fit on. So, it's possible he'd be able to use the cannon, because the actual point where it fires out of is located at the base of his wrist.

I think that just about makes sense...

Uriel said:
The repeating crossbow that he attaches onto his arm, however, would never fit on.

Do u mean that he would never use that crossbow again?

Man, what was a waste of that, the repeating crossbow was amongst the best ranged weapon in berserk! :-\

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Smith said:
Do u mean that he would never use that crossbow again?

Only if he decides not to rip that left arm guard off the new armour. Otherwise, it could still work.

Exactly how was it attached to his metal arm in the first place?

I mean is there anything stopping him from fitting it onto the armor?

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

I think the reason that we don't hear anything about Skully and Zodd's fight is that they aren't fighting.

I think Skully told Zodd about the armor and now they've called a temporary truce to see how Guts is gonna fuck Grunbeld up for all his trash-talking.

Griffith

Woland said:
I think the reason that we don't hear anything about Skully and Zodd's fight is that they aren't fighting.

I think Skully told Zodd about the armor and now they've called a temporary truce to see how Guts is gonna fuck Grunbeld up for all his trash-talking.

puella said:

Sorry. Anyway, it would be interesting if Skully and Zoddo take notice of Guts' new garb.

-Griffith

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost

Olivier Hague said:
Not sure about this yet, but...
Guts is having trouble with Grunbeld.
Grunbeld uses his Gamera cannon/flamethrower.
The Golems gather to protect Guts.
Guts gets to the cave...
... puts the armor on...
... kills Apostles.

EDIT: I didn't want to create a new topic because I wasn't sure the summary above was legit. -__-;
Well, it looks like it is, but still...

Well we know he's going to kick Apostle ass. Interesting about the golems because in Jewish mythology the golems are mud figures/spirits that avenge the dead. I knew Grunbeld would be one heck of an opponent to fight. One by one though Guts is going to do it.

I'm sure the summary is as legit as everything else you have posted here.:D

LG

G

Genn21

Griffith said:
Sorry. Anyway, it would be interesting if Skully and Zoddo take notice of Guts' new garb.

-Griffith

Well if it does something for gut's in the battle , im sure the'll give meaningful commentary on it. Skullknight will surely notice the armors quality if it emits any kind of purposeful power ( S.K proboly already knows tho. ). Other than that zodd might call him cute and give him a few woo's.

korkor

I could be a llama

well the armor seems to be doing guts wonders so far considering he was just getting knocked around by the apostles... (lets just hope the curse wouldnt kick in anytime soon) :p

i think we'll get to see what Grunbeld is really about next chapter...

Griffith

Olivier Hague said:
Not sure about this yet, but...
Guts is having trouble with Grunbeld.
Grunbeld uses his Gamera cannon/flamethrower.
The Golems gather to protect Guts.
Guts gets to the cave...
... puts the armor on...
... kills Apostles.

EDIT: I didn't want to create a new topic because I wasn't sure the summary above was legit. -__-;
Well, it looks like it is, but still...

Sorry if I went over your head. I was going to start the thread myself, but with basically the same info and my ever lame "What do you think, guys?" But the perfect beginnings were already in 224. Plus, it's a tradition that chapter threads be started with info from you, all the way back to the BSOM days. Anyway Olivier, when has information you posted ever turned out to be false anyway? ;)

-Griffith

P.S. "Olivier Hague, too legit to quit!" =) oh, I mean, ^_^

In reply to how just the helm of the armor allows guts to attack apostles like he has no injuries etc earlier in thread. (have been away from comp for a while sorry bout backtracking)

Or instead of releasing the beast, eating at his etc, it could make him more "spiritual" in a kind of multiple dimension/ethereal sense. If he is more like skully he would probably not be hindered by his "physical" body that much. Just a thought, esp if skully's armor is what turned him into what he is today. It would be interesting if he could see from one spiritual eye and one physical one. might induce vertigo.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

erutanlive said:
Or instead of releasing the beast, eating at his etc, it could make him more "spiritual"

It's too bad Miura ditched the Jesus Robe idea for more armor.

Locke11

Oompa Loompas For Sale!!!

He just like its previous owner will grow to be 100x the size of a normal human and will sprout 200 pound boobs. You can all guess who its last owner was

Top Bottom