Episode 225

Re:Chapter 225

Walter said:
It's too bad Miura ditched the Jesus Robe idea for more armor.

Not in earth culture sense but in the berserk sense ie skully and puck are more spritual. Besides Caska already took the jesus robes.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

He just like its previous owner will grow to be 100x the size of a normal human and will sprout 200 pound boobs. You can all guess who its last owner was

Grunbeld's grandma?

erutanlive said:
Not in earth culture sense but in the berserk sense ie skully and puck are more spritual. Besides Caska already took the jesus robes.
I know, I was just pulling your spiritual chain.

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....

finally at last he puts the armor on i wanna see his new look, and grunbelds is gonna get is ass kicked badly also i hope zod says something about the armor great chapter this one. guess all those post (how is he gonna put the armor on) are all in vain now tough that power ranger idea had pontencial :p

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?

Lady Griffith said:
Well we know he's going to kick Apostle ass. Interesting about the golems because in Jewish mythology the golems are mud figures/spirits that avenge the dead. I knew Grunbeld would be one heck of an opponent to fight. One by one though Guts is going to do it.

I'm sure the summary is as legit as everything else you have posted here.:D

LG
Well, the origional golem story I read was about the Jews of Prague who were being tormented and accused of wrongdoings so a famous Rabbi named Judah Lowe had a dream and God told him to create a creature out of clay named Joseph Golem. The Golem helped the Jewish fight their enemies and strike fear in their hearts. They then put him in the attic and took the life from him... or some such anyway I don't think the golem had a dierect correlation with the mud golems.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

SATAN said:
Well, the origional golem story I read was about the Jews of Prague who were being tormented and accused of wrongdoings so a famous Rabbi named Judah Lowe had a dream and God told him to create a creature out of clay named Joseph Golem. The Golem helped the Jewish fight their enemies and strike fear in their hearts. They then put him in the attic and took the life from him... or some such anyway I don't think the golem had a dierect correlation with the mud golems.

How is that anything other than a direct correlation?

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry

SATAN said:

UD: {Joseph Golem, Flora's Golem, Judah Lowe, Flora}
Mxy: x is made by y
Wx: x is a user of the mystical arts
Cx: x is made of clay
Gx: x is a Golem
Extention of M: {<Judah Lowe, Joseph Golem>,<Flora, Flora's Golem>}
Extention of W: {Judah Lowe, Flora}
Extension of C: {Joseph Golem, Flora's Golem}
Extension of G: {Joseoph Golem, Flora's Golem}

(for all x) ((Cx & Gx) > Mxy)
(for all x) (Mxy > Wx)

Therefore they do correlate.

G

Genn21

typhonblue said:
UD: {Joseph Golem, Flora's Golem, Judah Lowe, Flora}
Mxy: x is made by y
Wx: x is a user of the mystical arts
Cx: x is made of clay
Gx: x is a Golem
Extention of M: {<Judah Lowe, Joseph Golem>,<Flora, Flora's Golem>}
Extention of W: {Judah Lowe, Flora}
Extension of C: {Joseph Golem, Flora's Golem}
Extension of G: {Joseoph Golem, Flora's Golem}

(for all x) ((Cx & Gx) > Mxy)
(for all x) (Mxy > Wx)

Therefore they do correlate.

If you put them all in.... the same equation. It's like doing the pythagorian theroum and including a colored triangle. It's just the point of the story had nothing to do with the actual facts that were being discussed about the armor , just like the colored triangle doesent do shit to the actual theroum....( unless your color blind and it has r.g.b edges :) ) . ( I really have no conclusion here. I just want to defecate all over a math majors work )

Flora knew the risks of the cursed armor before she let gut's put it on ... She also could've maybe known some benefits from the curse that would help him at times and not hinder him so tottaly it would kill him. Or she was takeing a chance at it not killing gut's out right ( the curse ) and maybe he could sustain it with his inhuman tolerance for pain.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry

Genn21 said:
If you put them all in.... the same equation. It's like doing the pythagorian theroum and including a colored triangle. It's just the point of the story had nothing to do with the actual facts that were being discussed about the armor , just like the colored triangle doesent do shit to the actual theroum....( unless your color blind and it has r.g.b edges :) ) . ( I really have no conclusion here. I just want to defecate all over a math majors work )

All logic is bullshit anyway, so you might as well have fun with it.

G

Genn21

typhonblue said:
All logic is bullshit anyway, so you might as well have fun with it.

Good point. Lets have a philosophy book burning ^_^.

On a more serious note tho, How well will golems do against grunbeld ? I doubt minor sidekicks to gut's will last more than a chapt to a ironclad giant whos expertise is a warhammer. ( for all you ad&d 2nd ed fanatics out there im sure you can tell me what one of the few items is that damages clay golems ). I think grunbeld might get a small warmup off the golems , giveing gut's enough time to explore his armors power and let him unload. That or guts could deal through a agonizing death of being smashed like a pancake or burnt to a crisp with a fire cannon.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

Genn21 said:
Good point. Lets have a philosophy book burning ^_^.

On a more serious note tho, How well will golems do against grunbeld ? I doubt minor sidekicks to gut's will last more than a chapt to a ironclad giant whos expertise is a warhammer. ( for all you ad&d 2nd ed fanatics out there im sure you can tell me what one of the few items is that damages clay golems ). I think grunbeld might get a small warmup off the golems , giveing gut's enough time to explore his armors power and let him unload. That or guts could deal through a agonizing death of being smashed like a pancake or burnt to a crisp with a fire cannon.
Apparently all the golems have fused in one gigantic golem and it, of course, should have the power to regenerate: If you remember it was Serpico that discovered the only weak point of the golems (the little doll that is their eart) otherwise they could be unbeatable (and Guts' own Dragonslayer could hack at them all the day and they could have just continued to regenerating.). If Gruenbeld doesn't know that little trivia, and I doubt he does...he will not fare better against the golem than anyone else.

Second :Berserk is not a D&D game and I don't think that Miura cares what could damage a Golem in a roleplaying game...

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Schierke should summon tree warriors like Gwydion did, I'm almost sure the Witches of the Spirit Tree can do this.

Anyway the Big Golem is a good delay, cause even if Grunbeld will discover the doll thing, it will take some time before he smashes his new opponent. Btw, I'm still wondering if Guts will make an army out of golems for future periods. :-\

Im also curious about the behaviour Guts will have with the armour, will he be Beast-like Monster devouring monster ? or some Bright Hero that Nothing Can Stop ... I'd say the first option but I dont see the Beast getting back with strength like that ...
Guil

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

SATAN said:

That story was way off. ^^;

Guil Malalanus said:
Schierke should summon tree warriors like Gwydion did, I'm almost sure the Witches of the Spirit Tree can do this.

Anyway the Big Golem is a good delay, cause even if Grunbeld will discover the doll thing, it will take some time before he smashes his new opponent. Btw, I'm still wondering if Guts will make an army out of golems for future periods. :-\

Im also curious about the behaviour Guts will have with the armour, will he be Beast-like Monster devouring monster ? or some Bright Hero that Nothing Can Stop ... I'd say the first option but I dont see the Beast getting back with strength like that ...
Guil

Anyhow, I kind of doubt Guts will have an army of golems in the future, although they would make excellent fodder.

G

Genn21

Hey roberto how long do you think itl take grunbeld to discover this ? Obviously if he nails the doll on a accidental strike the golem goes kaput ( or stops regenerating ... id say 3 minutes against grunbeld with out regen is kaput anyhow . ) . Or i think miura would make a unrandom scene from it , where grunbeld slowly discovers a doll in the golem and smashes the sucker. Either way the golems an obstacle here. The real challenge lies in gut's ,who's sulking after a few taps from grunbeld. This means grun's got to go through that golem eventuly.

Or he might get bored of dealing with it and just blow its ass away with his shield-cannon/flamethrower thingy and it'll obliterate the doll in the process. Just a guess though. :p

Bill

Daydreaming....

I don't really think Guts will be able to take Grunbeld on right now, as the wound will probably cause him to beat a hasty retreat after killing some apostles. I'm rather interested in what Flora is going to be doing...

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Bill said:
I don't really think Guts will be able to take Grunbeld on right now, as the wound will probably cause him to beat a hasty retreat after killing some apostles. I'm rather interested in what Flora is going to be doing...

The same thing she's been doing in the last 3 chapters, 'smoking'.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Here is something to wet your appetite with:

guts.jpg

One interesting thing to add here is that Guts was literally eaten alive (!) by one of the apostles in the room with the armor (after Guts put on the armor). The apostle runs towards Grunbeld yelling that he ate and killed Guts, but while in the midst of saying that the Dragonslayer appears through the apostle's face and without saying a thing Guts suddenly starts shredding apostles like its nothing. Even Zodd and Skully halt their fight to watch this incredible phenomenon.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Really, metal tends to be dark, most of its brightness comes from reflections. If there isn't a lot of light around, then it will be very dark. Just the fact that at its darkest, it is only grey should be enough. (ignoring border lines of course)

Check how dark the Black Swordsman's Armor is on the volume 25 cover.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Mizar said:
One interesting thing to add here is that Guts was literally eaten alive (!) by one of the apostles in the room with the armor (after Guts put on the armor). The apostle runs towards Grunbeld yelling that he ate and killed Guts, but while in the midst of saying that the Dragonslayer appears through the apostle's face and without saying a thing Guts suddenly starts shredding apostles like its nothing. Even Zodd and Skully halt their fight to watch this incredible phenomenon.

R.I.P. Grunbeld, we hardly knew thee. =)

-Griffith

P.S. Zoddo: "Another one? Shiiiit."

The vol 25 cover is in color, and has the old armor, not the new, so it's kinda irrelevant. Looking at the pic that Mizar just showed us, the new armor has very similar shading/texture qualities to Guts' previous armor, and it still appears dark even outside...unless it's really dark around Guts from all the intestines and blood flying around. But even then, Skully's armor wasn't dark and shady like Guts' when they were in Quipiloth.

Also comparing the new armor to Skully's, Griffith's, Grunbeld's or the apostle-soldier's armor, the proof is in the pudding. But I guess we'll know for sure after seeing more pics.

Top Bottom