Episode 225

Re:Chapter 225

Personally I always thought that the Blackswordsman name wasn't due to the black armour but to the black/dark sword, so it shouldnt matter what colour his new armour is, however after seeing the shot above I think the new armour is a big mistake, guts isnt guts all covered up like that it just seems wrong.

I hope he at least can discard the helmet.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

My point was, that if the armor is black, it will bottum out at black, not grey.
Just look at any of the covers. The armor is unmistakeably darker.

I'm not saying that this new armor is white though. It'd have to be either grey(probably is) or some color.
I wonder if the DS' straps are missing because he put the armor on fast, or is it because he won't use them anymore?

Also, what of the cannon? That gauntlet won't just flip down for it to fire. Actualy, it looks narrower then the cannon's wrist... Is he still wearing the prostetic?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

JC said:
however after seeing the shot above I think the new armour is a big mistake, guts isnt guts all covered up like that it just seems wrong

Change is a good thing.

-Griffith

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....

maybe its a shade of crimson dark red :-X i better keep my mouth shut

O

Ozmo

w00t!

The new armor looks very intresting indeed, can't wait to see the entire chapter. Is "mr. US-military-dude-in-Okinawa" going to it scanned soon perhaps? :)

I wouldn't be so worried about the all-enclosing armor being a mistake. Miura if anybody how to make armor look cool and he'd never mess something up as bad as some of you people fear. Have faith. 8)

And yeah, it seems pretty dark to me too. Maybe not as dark as the old one, though.

Majin Tenshi said:
My point was, that if the armor is black, it will bottum out at black, not grey.
Just look at any of the covers. The armor is unmistakeably darker.

I'm not saying that this new armor is white though. It'd have to be either grey(probably is) or some color.
I wonder if the DS' straps are missing because he put the armor on fast, or is it because he won't use them anymore?

Also, what of the cannon? That gauntlet won't just flip down for it to fire. Actualy, it looks narrower then the cannon's wrist... Is he still wearing the prostetic?

give the boy a chance tenshi

he had like 30 seconds to put on an armor that wasnt made for him

im sure, hell still use the straps, cause lets face it, its not like hes gonna hold the DS the entire time. and i got a feeling that hell modify the arm so he can use his cannon/crossbow.

personally ill be expecting a visit to rickert on the way to elfhelm (sp?), that is if thats still their destination

and just my opinion, i think guts looks queer with that helmet, its like a total loss of 'self'

Majin_Tenshi

krebs4life said:
personally ill be expecting a visit to rickert on the way to elfhelm (sp?), that is if thats still their destination
umm... That would be backtracking all the way to the start of the journey...

and I pointed out the rush to put the armor on

krebs4life said:

Godo's is in the opposite direction. thatd be one hell of a way to get to Elfheim.

and just my opinion, i think guts looks queer with that helmet, its like a total loss of 'self'

HA! a supporter!
Aye, I do concur with thee.

G

Genn21

:D , Well i just saw mizars pic of the armor. It looks gothic like and a loss of gut's enraged persona. Theres more of a blank blackness of death being emmited from it's image.

The helmet does look a bit to much like S.Ks .. maybe it's more than coincidential or... maybe not. Miurra could just have a skull face fashioned fetish for helmets. It's not what i was expecting for a magnificant peice of mage fashioned armor. Oh well it does kinda match the outfit in a rather spooky way.

Mizar.. did gut's look rather energized when he busted out from the apostle that ate him ? Like pumped enough to fight grunbeld ?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

The armor looks fucking amazing. And his entrance! Only Miura could bring us such a great scene.

For all anti-armor people, Guts character has evolved since he donned the Black Swordsman armor and the role that went along with it. Think back to Volume 1-3. It's time for a visual change. His character is developing. If you have a problem with that... Sorry.

Meh, its not that i have a problem with a change in character design, its just ive always hated that kind of armor. if it were some other morer bettar looking armor than youd get no complaints from me.

G

Genn21

ranemaka13 said:
Meh, its not that i have a problem with a change in character design, its just ive always hated that kind of armor. if it were some other morer bettar looking armor than youd get no complaints from me.

Like what studded leather ? What walt Says does make sence in a way. It fits more of a realistic cause than just causual breastplate and kinky leather pants. Guts truly dawns a new armor for a new age of fighting and challenge .. I just hope he has enough strentgh left to test it out on grunbeld. It would suck if there was a vacansy in 1 more seat of a midland hero.

Personally the helmet looks more for defence than showoff. It still doesent meen it looks good.

However the armor could always be worse. Just take it like that. I would be on a non stop puke path , if miura decided to throw a tast of this in to guts fashion sence

custom12(theo).gif

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.

This isn't an "Instant Skull Knight; just add armour!" type deal is it?

The thought of Guts suddenly shredding Apostles like they're nothing sounds like a very Skull Knight-esque way of doing things. Is Guts shredding them with a seemingly effortless slice synonymous with the Skull Knight, or is it more of an animalistic and enrage effort like the former Guts we knew?

Still its going to take some getting used to, seeing a fully armour clad Guts - as great as the armour is - and having Guts no longer being an under-dog when stepping up to face lesser Apostles it would seem. Can't wait to see how it stacks up to the likes of Grunbeld and Zodd though, not to mention just how this armour is effecting Guts.

Another great chapter, things are certainly progressing rapidly of late.

One last thing, is there much dialog to explain whats going on, and characters' actions... or is this more of a wait for the next chapter for explanations; just enjoy the eye-candy?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

The armor still looks black to me, and unless there is dailogue to say otherwise, I'm going to stick with the assumption that it is.

I like the new armor (except for the helmet, the skull part is cool, but the rest looks like a french tickler or ribbed condom or something), but Guts doesn't seem like Guts without his belts and buckles and stuff, it's just weird.

I gotta say, either way you look at it Miura is really pushing the story with a momentum that came out of nowhere.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Damn you Mizer!!! :p I wanted to make people cream over the scans! Well i got them and uploading is in progress! It is major w00t! ;D ;D

Majin_Tenshi

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Damn you Mizer!!! :p I wanted to make people cream over the scans! Well i got them and uploading is in progress! It is major w00t! ;D ;D
we've learned to be patient... I think.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

ranemaka13 said:
please disregard any spunk that may have gotten on your face.
(my posts have really gotten unhygenic, havent they? and i stand firm in my complete heterosexuality)

No prob! I hear it's good for the skin! Anyways though... I think the time for the "real" Black Swordsman is just getting started. I wonder if he has his metal arm in there or not... Ahhh to many things to speculate about!! :-*

Nope, Same method as before. Also same size... roughly 500k to 550k for each picture.
It seems that Gut's got energized pretty damn quick, also it looks as if his armor is pretty damn tough since he was "eaten" by two apostiles and just molested them from the inside and didn't even have any visable scratches! I really wonder how he is going to do against Grunbeld... ;D

Top Bottom