Author Topic: Episode 226  (Read 39602 times)

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
Re:Episode 226
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2003, 03:47:38 PM »
Holy shit, Sable! You just won the game, AND you get to take the ball home!

Awesome drawing.

-Griffith

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2003, 05:30:24 PM »
Schierke's addition to this new bit of info, "Those who wear the armour and are exposed to the flow of "Od" will literally turn into a demon."  Literally a demon?
Not in the "demon/angel sense", no.

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2003, 06:32:21 PM »
... berserker....

That was some scary shit! I can't remember the last time I was that hyperactive whilst watching Berserk. The best part is... that Miura isn't taking a break just yet, Hopefully we are looking at a 10 chapter volume ;D

The Berserk's armour [seemingly the most adpt title at the moment] seems to be the right tool to enhanse Guts burning rage. Watching it in action made me feel this was Guts emotions, only moving. A physical mass running around without fear or pain is something like Guts was before, now, it just has evolved into a demon.

This is an incredible chapter. Now, off to read the translations!!

Griffith, you did justice to that image! Great doctoring ;)

Edit: What do you think Guts was going to say after he said "This is My......"?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 06:50:56 PM by Uriel »

Offline Majin Tenshi

• McCoy Golem!
  • Of the Abyss
  • The can opener went bye-bye...
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2003, 06:51:06 PM »
Its kinda funny, I can't sense any rage in this chapter.  It just isn't there.  Guts is fighting like a maniac, but its not ferral.
Ok, so I leave and come back....

Offline Aquedesin

• Of the Interstice
  • See you soon my dear...
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2003, 07:05:25 PM »
Its kinda funny, I can't sense any rage in this chapter.  It just isn't there.  Guts is fighting like a maniac, but its not ferral.

Kinda like a robot isn't it? Maybe it's because of the helm and the fact that it hide what Guts face look like...

Thou art nothing against the might of the Bloody McCoy!

Offline *Gyom*

• Of the Vortex
  • around the corner
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2003, 07:40:18 PM »
Kinda like a robot isn't it? Maybe it's because of the helm and the fact that it hide what Guts face look like...
Yeah look his eye while transfo... !
Thanks Saiya
Guil

Offline Darok

• Of the Interstice
  • Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2003, 02:13:36 PM »
Edit: What do you think Guts was going to say after he said "This is My......"?

wish?

Doubt thats it though.  
My first inclination was that he was just going to say something along the lines of "This is my anger"   but that seems a bit too basic for Miura.

The wish thing may be it though.  The Beast is telling Guts to entrust it with everything ...  and Guts' thought is "This is my Wish?"  Which seems logical  considering the rest of the series because

A) That was a running theme with Griffith
and
B)  Isn't that what he has been steadily progressing towards?  Giving the anger complete control and surrendering himself to it?

That could also serve to explain the Beherit activation in front of Slan,  or be tied to it.  Though I havent the faintest  what his sacrifice would have been.
"You dance up to the edge. I doubt that a demon would even be so human. Beware what you may discover, and be warned that discovering you aren't really one of us may come after you have done something that can't be taken back. Continue dancing but beware of where it may lead you. Remember, an angel is no more human than a demon."  - Annah Hutchings god of artists

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2003, 04:01:57 PM »
That could also serve to explain the Beherit activation in front of Slan,  or be tied to it.  Though I havent the faintest  what his sacrifice would have been.

The beherit's reaction in front of Slan is almost the same than in volume 21 when Femto is incarnated into a new Griffith. It has no need to be from Guts or anyone's wish.

Offline loufoque

« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2003, 08:09:31 AM »
This chapter looks really exciting and the new armor very cool, so I'm looking forward to it.

psymont

« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2003, 12:12:52 PM »
wish?

Doubt thats it though.  
My first inclination was that he was just going to say something along the lines of "This is my anger"   but that seems a bit too basic for Miura.

The wish thing may be it though.  The Beast is telling Guts to entrust it with everything ...  and Guts' thought is "This is my Wish?"  Which seems logical  considering the rest of the series because

A) That was a running theme with Griffith
and
B)  Isn't that what he has been steadily progressing towards?  Giving the anger complete control and surrendering himself to it?

That could also serve to explain the Beherit activation in front of Slan,  or be tied to it.  Though I havent the faintest  what his sacrifice would have been.

desire might be a better word

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2003, 07:18:50 PM »
Back from the vacation and miracle I experience ahead of my eyes.
I also read the whole thread. I just have to answer this to some people: about the neck-chin question and the activation of the cannon arm I can see as only guess that Guts and the armour merge in a fashion. The cannon arm and dragonslayer are left out of this(this creation simply activates the cannon arm interracting with it by its whole).

Oh and this chapter reminds me young's Casca flirt with Guts: "like a (rabbioso)* dog , fall in the battle"

*read the italian version, don't remember the transl right now(an illness, usually infects dogs and makes them overlly aggressive)
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline Graywords

• Of the Interstice
  • Bettychu, I choose YOU!
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2003, 08:49:10 PM »
Oh and this chapter reminds me young's Casca flirt with Guts: "like a (rabbioso)* dog , fall in the battle"

*read the italian version, don't remember the transl right now(an illness, usually infects dogs and makes them overlly aggressive)

Rabies, and "rabid dog".
*SPANKspankspankspankspankspankspankspank*  *hug*
-Luca

ゆだねろ~