Episode 226

Guts becomes possessed by the Beast of Darkness, and his helmet turns into a wolf-like head. The way he moves also reflects that change.
Gurunberd is glad to see that Guts may actually be a worthy opponent after all... But the poor guy probably didn't expect Guts to destroy his Gamera shield right away (Guts still has his cannon, under the armor).
Zoddo recognizes the armor ('don't know if he actually saw it, or if he remembers a similar one) and discusses the matter with the Skull Knight (Zoddo calls him "shukuteki" ("sworn enemy"), but it's actually pronounced "tomo" ("friend")... cute, isn't it?). "So you want him to follow the same path as you did?" (that's not supposed to be a perfect translation at all, OK? it's just the main idea ^^;).
Schierke explains that the Berserk Armor is a magical armor forged by Dwarves. Because of the armor, Guts doesn't feel any pain/fear anymore. No superpowers, here, it's basically a huge adrenalin rush thing. Plus wolf head.
And there's that thing about Guts bleeding in his armor, of course.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Yes the wolf head. The berserkers were also called werewolves: I think that Guts is becoming himself, that is a berserk that has the wolf like animal totem: do you remember when (berserk n.4), he was a child back then,after he did kill Gambino and he did escape in the wilderness,he was about to let himself to die but he did find the strenght to live on after he defeated a wolf's pack under a full moon?: I think that since that moment on he was consacred to the wolf.

korkor

I could be a llama
intresting theory roberto, it certainly is a good one ;D

but this makes me wonder how old zod really is, if he knows what skully's path was...(knowing skully is about 1000 years old and for some reason i always thought zodd to be 300-400 years old...)

O

Ozmo

w00t? So Berserk has Dwarfs now? ;D

Btw, "Japanese dude" seems to think the armor is black after all.

Correction it is distant the apology
With the previous review, concerning the new armor of guts with huge letter "it is not black", that and so on you asserted, but the actual place it is black, being to be black, it does.

TheBlackSwordsman

I can't fight this dark demon within me any longer
Damn i was hoping the armor had healed his wound inflicted by slan. Oh well i guess i won't worry about the possiblity of Guts bleeding to death. I mean Miura wouldn't kill Guts off at least right now i'm guessing, not with out accually fighting to fight Griffith. At least i'm guessing, you know i could be wrong. lol.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
This makes me wonder what the Beast is? another personality or something else.

- Bob

I thought it was like "the dark side" of Guts (sorry, but that's the only way I can think to phrase it.) But it's gotten to strong to sort of take on a mind of its own. Of course those were just theories I guess. ;D

roberto999 said:
Yes the wolf head. The berserkers were also called werewolves: I think that Guts is becoming himself, that is a berserk that has the wolf like animal totem: do you remember when (berserk n.4), he was a child back then,after he did kill Gambino and he did escape in the wilderness,he was about to let himself to die but he did find the strenght to live on after he defeated a wolf's pack under a full moon?: I think that since that moment on he was consacred to the wolf.

Also, if we're bringing up canines from Guts' childhood, don't forget Gambino's dogs. Guts always seemed to be bothered by the fact that Gambino would call the dogs by their names, but he wouldn't mention Guts name at all (just going off my Volume 9 translation here).

kimchan said:
don't forget Gambino's dogs. Guts always seemed to be bothered by the fact that Gambino would call the dogs by their names, but he wouldn't mention Guts name at all (just going off my Volume 9 translation here).
Your what? o_0;
Anyway, it's wrong. ^^;

Majin Tenshi said:
Did I not call this? Who else will repair the DS next time it needs it?

Hmm Rickert could have a go I think he would be upset if Guts didnt at least let him try ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Hey all. Sounds like a good chapter! You know... This makes me wonder... I know this is kinda out there...but... What if later on down the road after this chapter, they talk about how Guts' "Beat" is more of threat then a help, and they "seperate" him from the beast and the beast becomes it's own thing. ::) I know it is purely speculation.. Anyways, things might be a little tougher to get the scans this week, but I will try folks! ;)

Bill

Daydreaming....
Majin Tenshi said:
Did I not call this? Who else will repair the DS next time it needs it?

Didn't say anything about dwarves being reachable. I'm still betting on the elves.

This is so cool!

Ok, now i the true purpose of this manga title "Berserk" only start here. Everything will go berserk from here onward! Yay ;D

I guess i was just suffering from some mental problem temporary due to the effect of overwaiting :p

G

Genn21

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Hey all. Sounds like a good chapter! You know... This makes me wonder... I know this is kinda out there...but... What if later on down the road after this chapter, they talk about how Guts' "Beat" is more of threat then a help, and they "seperate" him from the beast and the beast becomes it's own thing. ::) I know it is purely speculation.. Anyways, things might be a little tougher to get the scans this week, but I will try folks! ;)

One time i was considering this to. What if the best finally dominates so much of the man that he finally has to seperate from the fucker. Im sure the armor will not throw this concept in dissarray either. Now that guts has "No fear" and like total rage with no pain hes really a animal in that suit with rational of whats right to do and whats wrong. Of course this is all pure speculation but it is a theroretical concept saiyen.

6th Angel

What a big...um......sword!
I will be extremely disappointed if Guts physically splits with the beast. I still don't see where people get the idea that the beast has been anything but a symbol for guts rage. It seemed pretty obvious to me after the Roshinu fight. The spirits say that the beast will get stronger the more he kills until it eats him and takes his shape. Its just saying that his anger will keep growing the more he fights until that is all he feels and he cares for nothing but killing. The only time the beast has actually been seen was when evil spirits were involved. How can he just lose an emotion.
Some sort of crazy dream duel where Guts tries to defeat his anger and calm himself would be alright for me though.

G

Genn21

He would'nt lose it just metaphysically seperate from it dropping his rage at that point down a significant notch. Of couse this is still all just in theory and to far in the future to even scoof at yet.

A internal battle ? I thought guts has a equilibrium battle for right and wrong every day on his chosen path ? You just have to look at the guy and realise theres conflicting emotions in him. Its pretty easy to tell when one of them wins the battle. It could end this way but its just occuring on such a constant basis that it would be no big whoope.

I agree that it would blow if he did lose his rage completly and we got no more berserker. It would just be horrible to see him in a drooling state thinking about killing stuff all the time, with no consciounce. Sort of like a animal in a constant offensive perspective.

G

Gechmir

Olivier Hague said:
Because of the armor, Guts doesn't feel any pain/fear anymore.

Gechmir said:
Ahhh. Guess it lived up to Berserkers of middle ages. They didn't wear armor, but still! :p They were folks who'd fight without any concern of their bodily injuries. Guess they did make a firm connection to the term of a "Berserker"

My prediction was correct! ;D

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Hell, Where are the scans! ;D ... Ha ha ha! Excuse but it's only a joke since every newbie tend to always ask the same thing right away...

Well, don't worry, I have found them by myself and if I write a post right now it's just to send a great:

THANK YOU SaiyajinNoOuji
who brought us the scan of Young Animals... Thank you so very much... :)

And about so-called berserker, most of them were "seeker of death" who fought without even thinking, often by consuming kind of drugs to annihilate fear...

COBRA

beware the hitman!
Aquedesin said:
Hell, Where are the scans! ;D ... Ha ha ha! Excuse but it's only a joke since every newbie tend to always ask the same thing right away...
*smash* thats for asking right away Just kidding LOL

Top Bottom