Episode 226

well we see that Guts is a completely berserk and kicking Grunbelds ass, but what about when he transforms into his apostle form, assuming he is one which i feel there is little doubt. Will guts be able to take on the apostle form of Grunbeld, or will we see an immense struggle to survive like against previous apostles. Seeing how he's already bleeding to death yet does not feel a thing, we may see guts struggle to beat Apostle form Grunbeld before the armor consumes him.

Mitsu_dunDee

Sparkles + will-o-the-wisp = BOUM
Olivier Hague said:
Schierke explains that the Berserk Armor is a magical armor forged by Dwarves. Because of the armor, Guts doesn't feel any pain/fear anymore. No superpowers, here, it's basically a huge adrenalin rush thing. Plus wolf head.
And there's that thing about Guts bleeding in his armor, of course.

So what about what Flora wrote inside the armor (just where Slan hurt Gats) ?
Is it a something just like what they (Schrieke) wrote on Guts's brand , is more powerful ?

By the way that guts doesn't feel any pain or fear AND that he become possessed by the beast mean that he wasn't possessed before because he feared something (remember when he bited Casca on her breast..) so the "Scooby Gang" have to hope that once all nasty killed he will turn back to normal....

I'm very cheerfull that the Armour wasn't just a super power-up, no fear + adrenaline is Guts's way....

It really kind of weird somehow...

Is guts really that powerful? what the armor do is just to cut his emotion of pain and fear, and by that it practically change him into a monster, cutting 2 apostles in a split second.

He is a human afterall, unless the beast overwhelm him...

It really kind of weird somehow...

Is guts really that powerful? what the armor do is just to cut his emotion of pain and fear, and by that it practically change him into a monster, cutting 2 apostles in a split second.

He is a human afterall, unless the beast overwhelm him...

Griffith is prolly gonna bitch at me for even bothering to argue the point here, but lemme sum up something I've mentioned before:

If we saw each and every night Guts went through fighting minor demons/spirits, and every single apostle or apostle-level creature he's killed, the manga would have to end prematurely or unfinished because Miura would be dead before he could get done with it all.

The apostles we saw killed were shown because they were important to the story on many levels, not to just to show you random apostle killing and action, because this is Berserk, not DBZ or some other horrible excuse for entertainment and/or literature.

Bottom line, Guts has wasted a shitlod of apostles already over his two years as the black swordsman, he wasted alot at the eclipse as well, while severely wounded to begin with, and he's about even with Zodd in terms of skill. He's a badass amongst badasses, but at the same time he's still human, and very vunerable both physically and mentally.

Just a spot of speculation here, but if I remember right Miura said awhile back that the story will be shifting more to Griffith soon. This might be because Guts is going to be spending some time recovering after this, or maybe even in a coma for awhile from his spirit-wound getting worse as well as donning the armor and pushing himself so hard, or something similar where Guts will be incapacitated for awhile.

Swordsman in Sable said:
If we saw each and every night Guts went through fighting minor demons/spirits, and every single apostle or apostle-level creature he's killed, the manga would have to end prematurely or unfinished because Miura would be dead before he could get done with it all.

Well... what i simply mean was that the armor should have done much more than just shutting his emotion down, in order to have that kind of power to destroy Grunbeld Gamera shield the very first moment

Btw, mentioning that shield, Grunbeld must have been totally caught off guard by the change in Guts, else how can it be broken easily?

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
i am wondering about the simbol flora was drawing carving in the armor maybe its some kind of point of return like when Schierke became one whit the watter spirit farnese used schierke staff to (call her back) maybe its the same whit the simbol in the armor when guts life gets threatened the simbol will make him regain his senses again along whit the pain either way this wont end well for guts

Mitsu_dunDee

Sparkles + will-o-the-wisp = BOUM
Swordsman in Sable said:
Just a spot of speculation here, but if I remember right Miura said awhile back that the story will be shifting more to Griffith soon. This might be because Guts is going to be spending some time recovering after this, or maybe even in a coma for awhile from his spirit-wound getting worse as well as donning the armor and pushing himself so hard, or something similar where Guts will be incapacitated for awhile.

Where will the party recover ?
-> at puck's place ?

PLAIN SPECULATION :
If the party join Helfheim (puck's place and the goal of their trip), Casca will be healed or will need time to recover (so as Guts).......

I think it'd be cool to have Gattsu fall unconscious after the battle. Seprico (and Skull Knight?) would have to take over leading the group to elfhelm and it would be a good transition to switch to what Griffith is doing.

Either way, it sounds like a great chapter. Lots of interesting possibilities could happen for the next ones. All praise the might Miura!

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Smith said:
Well... what i simply mean was that the armor should have done much more than just shutting his emotion down, in order to have that kind of power to destroy Grunbeld Gamera shield the very first moment

Btw, mentioning that shield, Grunbeld must have been totally caught off guard by the change in Guts, else how can it be broken easily?

People can surprise you with just how powerful they can be once you take away their awareness of pain and fear (and those are just average people). Take away pain and fear from someone like Guts, who's already incredibly strong, and you've got something truly fearsome. I don't think this is really much of a stretch if you think about it.

BigFire

King King King Gainer
Mitsu_dunDee said:
So what about what Flora wrote inside the armor (just where Slan hurt Gats) ?
Is it a something just like what they (Schrieke) wrote on Guts's brand , is more powerful ?

By the way that guts doesn't feel any pain or fear AND that he become possessed by the beast mean that he wasn't possessed before because he feared something (remember when he bited Casca on her breast..) so the "Scooby Gang" have to hope that once all nasty killed he will turn back to normal....

I'm very cheerfull that the Armour wasn't just a super power-up, no fear + adrenaline is Guts's way....

No, Flora's talisman drawing is the more permanent version of Schrieke's talisman. It blocks out the effect of Guts' brand, so he won't be a demon magnent. And Flora is nice to draw it inside of the armor.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Kasirak said:
I think it'd be cool to have Gattsu fall unconscious after the battle. Seprico (and Skull Knight?) would have to take over leading the group to elfhelm and it would be a good transition to switch to what Griffith is doing.

Either way, it sounds like a great chapter. Lots of interesting possibilities could happen for the next ones. All praise the might Miura!

... why not have Puck ot Ibarera take the leadership insted? :p. They are, after all, elves and should know the best how to get there :). Beside,s soem have speculated that either Zodd or Skull Knight may die durignt his battle, and if Skully died, then who else but our cute, life-savign elves could possibly know wher eElfheim is? :)

Ahh, it*s nice to come back after a journey and discover that while you were away, one of th emsot exciting chapters ever has come, and yet another aboutt o come :D.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Just 'cause you're the only one that knows the way make you the boss. It makes you the guide.

Neither Skully nor Zodd will die in this battle. Neither are drawing enough attention.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Majin Tenshi said:
Neither Skully nor Zodd will die in this battle. Neither are drawing enough attention.

Hmm, good point. So, this battle might end with Zodd ordering the troops to withdraw, at least if Grunbeld is defeated?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Swordsman in Sable said:
Griffith is prolly gonna bitch at me for even bothering to argue the point here, but lemme sum up something I've mentioned before:

Thanks for saving me the trouble, actually. I don’t understand why people that have read Berserk would underestimate Guts’ power at this point in the series.

Smith said:

No, you totally missed the point again, Guts’ ALREADY had that kind of power. The only reason Grunbeld beat Guts’ ass is because the wound Slan gave wouldn’t even allow a normal human to move/breathe. Otherwise, Grunbeld would have gotten the fight he wanted in the first place, and we would have had just another Black Swordsman Vs. Apostle battle. At this point though, I think Gruneld’s gotten more than he’s bargained for.

Majin Tenshi said:

Shit man, they aren’t even fighting anymore. They’re gabbing it up like they’re at the Beauty Parlor. ;D

I must say, from the description of this chapter, I’m very excited. I’ve been waiting to see Miura unleash the Beast in Guts for a long time. It’s kind of funny that Guts was hoping Flora could subvert the Beast for him, and she’s brought it out stronger than ever. By the way…

beastarmor.jpg

Did Walter fucking call it or what?

-Griffith

BigFire

King King King Gainer
Smith said:
Btw, did Flora talisman work against the wound of Gutz?

Like temporary stop it from bleeding to death etc?

I think that's Puck & Schrieke's job. The talisman just allow Guts to not have to deal with minor league demon on a nightly basis (so he can actually sleep).

It isn't story-related at all, but there's an interesting detail in the new chapter: Miura's comment.
He says that he has a lot of work this Summer, aside from drawing "Berserk". But he can't tell what kind of work it is. Yet.

Well, the PlayStation 2 game isn't a secret, but they didn't say anything about Miura being involved or not, so I guess that may be it?...
Or there's something else?...

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Griffith said:
Did Walter fucking call it or what?

-Griffith

Yeah, he sure seems to have.

Olivier Hague said:
It isn't story-related at all, but there's an interesting detail in the new chapter: Miura's comment.
He says that he has a lot of work this Summer, aside from drawing "Berserk". But he can't tell what kind of work it is. Yet.

Well, the PlayStation 2 game isn't a secret, but they didn't say anything about Miura being involved or not, so I guess that may be it?...
Or there's something else?...

Oh my....... BTW, does this chapter say that he's taking a break between this one and 227?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, he probably drew all this before this summer even started, I guess there may be a bigger break than usual in the future (sure hope not, though)… hmm, I wonder what "secret project he’s working on… SERIES 2!?OMG!!??

=)

-Griffith

P.S. It would be interesting if he’s developing something that’s not Berserk related at all. I mean, it’s his livelihood, but it's also a life sentence right now.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Olivier Hague said:
No break yet (like I said earlier).

That doesn't seem to rhyme well with his busy schedule, or does it? And why did Miura make that comment in YA at all if he can't say anything about it yet? To make us fans deadly curious about it? Well, that part is working, at least. ;)

Ryan

Whale-man, we hardly knew you.
So the armor might not be "eating him alive"? It seems that his wounds are just bleeding all over the place to me.

Ryan

Top Bottom