Episode 226

G

Genn21

Mizar said:
That doesn't seem to rhyme well with his busy schedule, or does it? And why did Miura make that comment in YA at all if he can't say anything about it yet? To make us fans deadly curious about it? Well, that part is working, at least. ;)

To wet our tounges. The man knows his fandoms growing.

Stiill im curious about what sort of work miura might be constructing like griffith said a second series would kick hefty ass. Yet what if its not berserk oriented what if its another manga... ( or a berserk movie :p j/k ) Im sure well find out in time miuras just playing with us and keeping the curious fish around the hook. Its working to !

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aquedesin said:
And about so-called berserker, most of them were "seeker of death" who fought without even thinking, often by consuming kind of drugs to annihilate fear...

Kind of correct. Berserkers, who were a part of the vikings, were known for biting in poisoinius mushrooms who gave them hallucations. And before battle, they would often bite in their shelds to build up a rage in which they attacked when the battle began. Often beleiving, in their rage, that they were immortal, they fought on no matter how wounded they got, and there are tales of berserkers killing enemies with their bare hands during battle in their rage...

Kefky

Boo!
Dark Wanderer said:
Kind of correct. Berserkers, who were a part of the vikings, were known for biting in poisoinius mushrooms who gave them hallucations. And before battle, they would often bite in their shelds to build up a rage in which they attacked when the battle began. Often beleiving, in their rage, that they were immortal, they fought on no matter how wounded they got, and there are tales of berserkers killing enemies with their bare hands during battle in their rage...

And weren't they supposed to be a family of fighters? And they wore wolf skins when they fought, right? I think I've heard that before...

Awesome chapter, btw. Can't wait for scans. And I hope Gatsu gets to own Grunbeld really well before he needs to retreat. ;D I also like the idea of the story switching over to Griffith while Gatsu is healing, seems like that would work pretty well. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

M

medievald00d

I'm sorry. I'd like to see your source on the Berserkers. I've heard some pretty crazy stuff about them, half of which arent true. Where did you get your sources, and are they reliable?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
On the issue of the “dwarves” that made the armor…

fairfolk.jpg

Volume 14, Skully describing Godo's mine, these folk used to live there and their spirit remained.

fairfolk2.jpg

Ten volumes later, Flora describing the astral world.​

…perhaps these folk are of relation to the “dwarves.”

-Griffith

Ano yama wa katsute yousei domo no...."

What Griff is referring to is the "yousei" in the above fragment. Yousei=fairy, sprite, elf. So, Skully could be referring to another band of pucks.

P.S. wasnt it cleared up that Puck is actually a Pixie and not an elf?? maybe i just made that up...

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
medievald00d said:
I'm sorry. I'd like to see your source on the Berserkers. I've heard some pretty crazy stuff about them, half of which arent true. Where did you get your sources, and are they reliable?

*shrugs* most of my sources are books from back in school on vikings that I've read back in school since I've done a few school projects and such on them, and since the sources are historical, they should be pretty reliable.

On the question of wolf skins that Kefky asked, if I remember correctly, the berserkers were't known for dressign themselves in wolf skins, but they seem to have been known for often dressing themselves in bear skins. also, unlike Gatts, the berserkers of the vikings never or seldom wore any real armor in battle, if I remember the sources corretly.

If you're interested, why not read the book "Viking Saga - The disciple of the dwarf":
vikingsaga2.gif

Much in it is, of course, just fiction, but I still think this book does apretty good work of showing the nature of the berserkers.

Also there is a series of books some guy (forget his name but can find it) wrote based on berserkers. It is a fiction series based on berserkers written years ago. If interested i could look though some of my old papers and find the name of the writer.

Xizor

ranemaka13 said:
Yousei=fairy, sprite, elf. So, Skully could be referring to another band of pucks.
Except they don't look like Puck at all.
fairfolk.jpg
"Yôsei" may well be a generic term, encompassing Piskies and Dwarves.
If that's the case, that may explain Puck's observation about the Skull Knight, in volume 18... He said that he felt a "Yôsei"-like aura... If the Skull Knight's armor was forged by Dwarves...
wasnt it cleared up that Puck is actually a Pixie and not an elf??
He's a Piskie. But nobody said he wasn't an Elf.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
korkor said:
intresting theory roberto, it certainly is a good one ;D

but this makes me wonder how old zod really is, if he knows what skully's path was...(knowing skully is about 1000 years old and for some reason i always thought zodd to be 300-400 years old...)

Maybe Zodd has been an apostle for about 300-400 years. Perhaps he has known Skullknight when SK was King Gaiseric?

LG

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
The legends about Zodd that are told on the battlefields are 300 years old: But he could have existed for many more years, unknown to most peoples. He was just keeping a low profile, it seems.

Olivier Hague said:
"Yôsei" may well be a generic term, encompassing Piskies and Dwarves.
Ah! there we go, thats what i meant: a generic term. my B, G. didnt mean to sound like i was labeling them more Pucks.

He's a Piskie. But nobody said he wasn't an Elf.
So i see...

P.S. is it just me, or is The Hague on it somethin fierce tonight? Bravo.

Olivier Hague said:
But how did he live that long, before becoming an Apostle, then?

Maybe he had meet Skullknight (not king Gaiseric) 300 to 400 years ago right after he had changed into a apostle.

P.S I had doubt Zodd is being the strongest apostle now, considering the fact of the power of the other four leaders (Grunbeld, Locus, Irvine and Rakashas)

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Hum don't thinks so, for me, in physical strengh, Zodd is the strongest ! For sure.
Cause Griffith recruit him himself.

So I must mean something

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Smith said:
Maybe he had meet Skullknight (not king Gaiseric) 300 to 400 years ago right after he had changed into a apostle.

I'm not sure you're following. Zoddo says
"So you want him to follow the same path as you did?"

If the Skullknight became who he is the same way Guts is progressing (all the recent foreshadowing implies that Guts is following a similar path), then it implies that Zoddo knew SK when he was still human. That was 1000 years ago (not debatable, even if he isn't king Gaiseric, Zoddo himself says that SK has opposed GodHand for 1000 years), when Zoddo is speculated to be only 300 years old. Unless you think that the SK would just sit down and have a chat with Zoddo explaining his past.

Wereallmad said:
If the Skullknight became who he is the same way Guts is progressing (all the recent foreshadowing implies that Guts is following a similar path), then it implies that Zoddo knew SK when he was still human.
Or when he was more human than he is now. Maybe Gaiseric didn't turn into the Skull Knight we know overnight.

Locke11

Oompa Loompas For Sale!!!
Maybe... *note just some stupid speculation* so... Maybe the armor slowly drained/fed, off of the users spirit or some such, and eventually over time turned him into the skull knight... but that doesnt seem like the best speculation in my idea. Or... Maybe sk was a dwarf or some type of mythical human type thing, and had extended life of some sort, and near the end of it he turned into "The Skull Knight". I also had some wierd idea about sk at one time being a magic user like flora, explaining his flight (which earlier was said to only be possible to high power magic users).

Still, just some wide speculation, disregard it if you dont like the idea.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Olivier Hague said:
Or when he was more human than he is now. Maybe Gaiseric didn't turn into the Skull Knight we know overnight.

That's true, but then are you suggesting that the armor, or some other force, prolonged his natural life during that process? It's still an awfully long time.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
That's true, but then are you suggesting that the armor, or some other force, prolonged his natural life during that process? It's still an awfully long time.

Sorta like Flora? :p :)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Speaking of witch (heh heh, I kill me), forget about Zoddo, just how old is Flora? The way her and Skully talk, it’s like she knew him when he was still human as well.

-Griffith

Bill

Daydreaming....
Smith said:
Btw, mentioning that shield, Grunbeld must have been totally caught off guard by the change in Guts, else how can it be broken easily?

Arm cannon. Simple, ne?

roberto999 said:
The legends about Zodd that are told on the battlefields are 300 years old: But he could have existed for many more years, unknown to most peoples. He was just keeping a low profile, it seems.

Or maybe he outlives them. Not many people can match Zodd, right?
Smith said:
I guess magic user had longer life because they live in a different realm :)
I wonder if Shierke is old also :p

I believe the translation was that they live in an overlapping of realm, thus residing in both. Perhaps they age the same but live longer anyways, in any event if Shierke was older than she wouldn't panic so often. Maybe.

Top Bottom