Episode 226

O

Ozmo

HoD, the story can't stay the same forever. That's like saying "I thought the story was better before they jumped waaaay back into the Band of the Hawk period), "The story went downhill the moment they added any supernatural elements", "Having Guts babysit Caska, Ishidoro and the gang is just ghey" etc. Miura has a history of making quite radical changes in the plot, if not the entire theme of the story and I for one am eager to see what he'll do next.

Just have faith in the man, he's done good enough so far. :)

Kefky

Boo!
I don't see why we should be worrying about Gatsu becoming invincible, it's not like he'll be able to wear it for long... But if he puts on this kind of display everytime he wear the armor, I'll be satisfied. ;D

Thanks for the scans Saiyajin. ;D

It looks to me like Slan's wound is more responsible for Gut's current "unconscious" fighting state than the armor itself (although it's difficult to tell without translations). The armor is definitely exacerbating the wound (feeding off his "spirit" maybe?).

Ahmed

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
WoW this chapter really ROCKS dude I first watch it at work couldn't stop shouting of exitment with every page I hope they don't fire me because of today ::)

many thanks Sayajin I love u :-X

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
THANK YOU Ouji, I can die happy now!!! (well, sort of.) ;D ;D ;D

Smith said:
P.S: After going through those scans, I m begining to believe Grunbeld is an apostle, base on the fearsome expression of him while he was fighting Guts.

You've just now come to that conclusion? Of course many normal humans have pointed teeth and reptilian eyes, not to mention that they're usually giants.

HawkOfDarkness said:
I will probably get chewed out... but, I think it was better before when Guts was defying all odds as a normal human, taking on apostles and all other things. Now the story seems to be going in a Lord of the Rings direction and guts seems barely human anymore. But who knows, it might end up turning out for the best, I hope.

We've never heard that one before. ::)

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
So... anyone else notice that Miura didn't even pay lip service to Guts pulling the cord to activate the cannon? I've always thought that being in another layer of reality (can't remember which one exactly right now, the nexus?) was giving him more and more subconscious and unnoticed control over the cannon arm, but now it looks like he may have absolute control over it.

or I could just be missing the cord :p

Kefky

Boo!
Darok [Gloombeard!] said:
So... anyone else notice that Miura didn't even pay lip service to Guts pulling the cord to activate the cannon? I've always thought that being in another layer of reality (can't remember which one exactly right now, the nexus?) was giving him more and more subconscious and unnoticed control over the cannon arm, but now it looks like he may have absolute control over it.

or I could just be missing the cord :p

I'm just glad that it's still there. ^_^

Wonder if we will see Guts biting things with his new wolf mouth now too. On page 18 its closed and in other pics its open so it seems he has control over opening and closing it.

Xizor

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Holy shit, Groenveld is terrified.

Of course, being me, I have to complain. I think the helmet looks a little too tacky as is, more like a shark or something. I guess I just imagined something a little more streamlined.

Still though, badass chapter. I especialy love the way his arm cannon works now. Through the fucking palm.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
xizor said:
Wonder if we will see Guts biting things with his new wolf mouth now too. On page 18 its closed and in other pics its open so it seems he has control over opening and closing it.

Xizor
SOMEONE has control over it, but I doubt it is Guts

It's possible that guts has total control of his arm cannon, especially seeing how the hand of the armor opens, seems he controls his fake arm like it was true...

I have the impression that guts is not totally "unconsious", because his repeated attacks seem, to me, a way to shorten the fight (he bleeds so much...).
Obviously, without traduction of the dialogues these are only speculations (i dont know anything about japanese language :-\

neohx_7

I say whip it. Whip it good!
Clutch said:
It looks to me like Slan's wound is more responsible for Gut's current "unconscious" fighting state than the armor itself (although it's difficult to tell without translations). The armor is definitely exacerbating the wound (feeding off his "spirit" maybe?).

You've got a great point there. Its obvious with pages 6-8 that the drawing of the wound becomes the eye of the beast. I'm wondering whats going on with all the images shown of Guts inside his body. Considering how Guts, with pucks help, has been able to recover from all sorts of wounds night and day, this must be something pretty horrendous.

One would almost think that he's going to die either way and having the armor gives him a chance to take some muthas down before he's a goner. I doubt that Miura is going to kill Guts, but its going to take something major for him to recover.

Anyone think that Grunbeld's eyes are starting to look more lizard-like in this chapter? hehehehe

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
neohx_7 said:
Anyone think that Grunbeld's eyes are starting to look more lizard-like in this chapter? hehehehe

Well, thinking about how Gatts has proven to be a quite a lot for Grunbeld's human form to handle, it wouldn*t surpise me if he decides that it's time to transform into his apostle-form soon...

G

Genn21

Im starting to wonder , the closer to death a person gets the more the armor can become or mimic the users inner feelings ? aka.. the shape of the beast.

I think guts has a couple more gallons before he goes down for the count tho... in previous chapters i remember where he spewed like a hose. Yet he has been injured for a while now tho. Who knows how hes going to recover from this ordeal. MEDIC !

neohx_7

Genn21 said:
I think guts has a couple more gallons before he goes down for the count tho... in previous chapters i remember where he spewed like a hose. Yet he has been injured for a while now tho. Who knows how hes going to recover from this ordeal. MEDIC !

Ya he has spewed blood Mortal Kombat style many times before. Its just crazy to see the armor dripping with blood. Don't you think that would make a kickass color cover for the next volume? Guts in beast armor with blood dripping out of the plates in the armor.

lol with all the debate over what color SKs armor is im a bit surprised that nobody has made claim that its oil comming out of the armor and not blood =P

Xizor

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wereallmad said:
Of course, being me, I have to complain. I think the helmet looks a little too tacky as is, more like a shark or something. I guess I just imagined something a little more streamlined.

I know what you mean, it’s on the borderline of totally badass and “hmmmm…..”

I don’t mind the shark aspect since I’ve always thought the Beast looked like a Wolf/Shark combination. But yeah, the helmet model seems a bit raw; there are panels where it’s awesome, and panels where he looks computer generated or something. ;) But I think old Groenveld looked tacky in a lot of his early shots, but he’s been nothing short of awesome in the last few chapters. When Miura gets more accustomed to the new armor, holy shit will it be badass.

shoulder.GIF

Guts old armor was a tad tacky at first as well. Actually, looks sort of like a little beast... =)​

I’m looking forward to seeing how it will evolve; it sounds like I’m down on it, but I think it looks great, I just also think it's going to really blow us away down the line.

-Griffith

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
xizor said:

I think that the upper part of the jaw is on the helm and the lower part on the body of the armor.

armor.gif

Knowing somebody who smith armor, I assure you that this kind of thing can be done, are really pretty BUT awfully difficult to wear and use... (And yes I do have a small set of armor myself)

neohx_7

Aquedesin said:
Well also, since the armor don't look like this, I suppose this image was a fake?

Yes, its a fake. Read through current chapters topics from the last few weeks. Its actually an incredibly lucky guess. I thought maybe Olivier was joking when he gave this chapter description.

By the way,
Greetings from a long-time lurker! Thanks to everyone who is helping with translations and scans.

Top Bottom