Episode 226

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Griffith said:
I know what you mean, it’s on the borderline of totally badass and “hmmmm…..”

I don’t mind the shark aspect since I’ve always thought the Beast looked like a Wolf/Shark combination. But yeah, the helmet model seems a bit raw; there are panels where it’s awesome, and panels where he looks computer generated or something. ;)

Yeah, it's not not quite there yet, but I think Miura knows what he's doing.

Aquedesin said:
Well also, since the armor don't look like this, I suppose this image was a fake?

Jesus man, you're pretty dense.

O

Ozmo

Aquedesin, I don't think you're correct about the collar being the lower jaw of the helmet. Take a look at page 15.

And give the guy a break for not reading every single post in a topic on a forum he wasn't a member of. Mistakes like that are easy enough to make.

Ozmo said:
Aquedesin, I don't think you're correct about the collar being the lower jaw of the helmet. Take a look at page 15.

And give the guy a break for not reading every single post in a topic on a forum he wasn't a member of. Mistakes like that are easy enough to make.
take a look at page 10, looks pretty damn connected to the armor as the collar was.

G

Genn21

It looks like now im only guessing , That this page is explaining how guts pain is reacting to the armor to simulate a rage induced symbolism of his feelings.

05.jpg

06.jpg

On this page after his rage induced transformation im guessing its telling how his body is wearing down.This is due to on the next page hes watering the lawn with his own blood , and looks a little fatigued.

19.jpg

Theres no way to be sure untill its translated. these pages could just be telling how Guts is slowly dieing.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Genn21 said:
Theres no way to be sure untill its translated. these pages could just be telling how Guts is slowly dieing.
and so the story continues, with its true here, ISIDORO.

oh, and something odd... Aquedesin's pic from last page
where did Guts' jaw go...? before I'm sure it was just hidden by the collar, but in the "Beast" pic, theres no excuse that I can see, except that he is mergeing with the armor.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Beast chapter ever. I'm going back for seconds, then thirds. Thanks, Saiyajin and keep bringing it home!

where did Guts' jaw go...? before I'm sure it was just hidden by the collar, but in the "Beast" pic, theres no excuse that I can see, except that he is mergeing with the armor.

Page 05 shows Guts chin is "inside" the armor, therefore not within the helmet. A refution of this is page 08, which shows the skull helmet "tilting back" in shock. If this is so, then the chin would be visible as a black hunk below the upper row of teeth on the armor. It is not.

In conclusion: Ultimately, who the fuck cares? This chapter is fucking amazing and has given Guts more of a metamorphosis than any previous chapter, succeeding even the eclipse in terms of physical changes. We're dealing with at least a Guts-and-a-half here, now. A whole new ballgame.

neohx_7 said:
Its actually an incredibly lucky guess.
By the way,
Greetings from a long-time lurker! Thanks to everyone who is helping with translations and scans.

Hey, how about a little more credit ? It's been obvious since 219 that the Beast was bound to come out after this change in Guts, especially with a new "magic" armor.

And greetings, schmeetings, thou who lackest faith.

PS: You have to feel sorry for Grunbeld now... Poor sap. I advise, "Go, go, gadget get-the -fuck-out-of-Dodge."

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Greetings, schmeetings, thou who lackest faith.

He's got faith; look at his sig, he's on a mission from God, man.

Quick reminder:
beastbirth3low.jpg

HOLY SHIT!

-Griffith

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Genn21 said:
It looks like now im only guessing , That this page is explaining how guts pain is reacting to the armor to simulate a rage induced symbolism of his feelings.

05.jpg

06.jpg

On this page after his rage induced transformation im guessing its telling how his body is wearing down.This is due to on the next page hes watering the lawn with his own blood , and looks a little fatigued.

19.jpg

Thank You Genn21 for scanners! I adored the new armor. If it was delivers for Silke through Flora, certainly that it must possess magic (possibly negative) as well as the used layer and sword for Selpico.
I found interesting Gatts to start to use it , therefore the same one goes against the angelical appearance of the armor of Griffitty and shows a time more than the appearances can be deceptive.
If the armor is possessed for being able devilish, excellent! It is a beautiful form of Gatts to make the Hand of God to prove a little of its proper remedy, without that this stops needs to condemn its life to become a demon as Femto. :)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I am wrong or Guts on page 16 did use his LEFT HAND (the artificial one) to grab Gruenbeld shield-flamethrower? If so the armor has some intersting peculiarities indeed !

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
roberto999 said:
I am wrong or Guts on page 16 did use his LEFT HAND (the artificial one) to grab Gruenbeld shield-flamethrower? If so the armor has some intersting peculiarities indeed !

I looks like the armor part has hooked into part of Grunny's (I'm going to call him this until his name has been officially estabished) shield. If you look at the little box in the upper left of page 16, you can still see that he still bends his left wrist to use the arm cannon and you can also see the gauntlet on his new armor grabbing onto the sheild. How he's able to do that, I don't know but the results are cool so I'm not going to question it any further.

Majin Tenshi said:
Guts shouldn't have destroyed the shield. He could've learned from it how to do a quick reload of his cannon.

well, from what ive seen of the two cannons, Groenveld has a chamber unlike Guts' (or in Guts' case, lack thereof), so a "quick reload" wouldnt be possible for Guts. I mean, if it were possible for him to reload it in a matter of seconds, wouldnt he have already tried? Thatd be why Guts has to use his cannon so carefully.
also, how exactly does Guts reload? I dont believe ive ever seen him "reload".

majinrozz

I'm fat!
hey, hello, im new, just when i almost lost my faith on berserk thinking the story will be slow from now on to a point far far away in the future i found this great site with very interesting theories, info and even SCANS???, its truly amazing, thanks to all the people doing this big effort, i have to calmly think of what to say, because im kind of shy you know... hehehe well, just for now.

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks a lot, SaiyajinNoOuji.

By the way, the next scene reminds me of a similar scene of Evangelion.
I think Mr. Miura shouldn't see that animation.

13.jpg

Uh-oh, I can't add any smilies. Does anybody know what the problem is?

also, how exactly does Guts reload? I dont believe ive ever seen him "reload".

He reloads in mid-combat in volume 3, at the very end of the fight (or after the fight, whichever way you look at it) with the slug baron.

It's pretty simple: hand lifts, guts pours gunpowder in, puts mortar ball (the 'cannon' in his cannon arm is actually or at least extremely similar to a hand mortar) in, hand snaps back down, and it's ready to be fired again.

roberto999 said:

The very moment Gutz open his left palm i had already somehow believe he has full control over his artificial arm! I mean how u open u metal arm naturally when he was about to fire?

It may not be that armor that he could control his left arm, I speculate it is the beast within Guts that grant him supernatural power, who know? ::)

Awesome stuff, thanks SaiyajinNoOuji.

This isn't important, but what did Guts smash through with the DS at the bottom of page 14? a part of the shield?

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Majin Tenshi said:

Hum, when you put an helmet, you often put something on your head before in order for the helmet not to move and not to hurt your head. I'm sorry for not remembering the damn word in english, but it's also what you wear during winter in order not to catch cold and get your ear frozen. It could be made of clothes or of mail. Thus in my picture I think that Gatts is looking up and that his lower jaw is where the upper jaw of the beast is. And what is connecting the lower part and the upper part of the beast jaw is clothes.

And also, yes I'm pretty dense sometime, it help me not getting to badly hurt when striked on my head... :p

Ozmo said:

Thanks for that Ozmo... ;)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Aquedesin said:
Hum, when you put an helmet, you often put something on your head before in order for the helmet not to move and not to hurt your head. I'm sorry for not remembering the damn word in english, but it's also what you wear during winter in order not to catch cold and get your ear frozen. It could be made of clothes or of mail. Thus in my picture I think that Gatts is looking up and that his lower jaw is where the upper jaw of the beast is. And what is connecting the lower part and the upper part of the beast jaw is clothes.
Thats a long neck then...

Kefky

Boo!
secilj said:
Thanks a lot, SaiyajinNoOuji.

By the way, the next scene reminds me of a similar scene of Evangelion.
I think Mr. Miura shouldn't see that animation.

13.jpg

Uh-oh, I can't add any smilies. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Wow, good point, that DOES look a lot like that scene from the EVA 01 vs. the third angel fight... Miura-sensei sure does a lot of these little homages...

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Majin Tenshi said:
Thats a long neck then...

That's also a lot of blood gatts is losing... But what the hell, I don't really matter, all I care is that it kick serious ass... ;)

Furthermore, the clothes stuff I spoke of is seen also before the helmet transform:

stuff.jpg

Top Bottom