Why does Griffith look different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PsychoJavexx

He looks a lot different than before the Eclipse. Am I looking at it like he's supposed to be more God-like, and pretty, and all that?

P

PsychoJavexx

Yeah, but why does he look different? Drawn different? Like, is it supposed to make me look and say, "It's Griffith, he looks so powerful!!"??

PsychoJavexx said:
Yeah, but why does he look different? Drawn different? Like, is it supposed to make me look and say, "It's Griffith, he looks so powerful!!"??

Well i guess that is mainly because the body doesnt belong to him, furthermore like Majin said, Griffith wasnt human...

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Well, on a purely practical level, he has a completely different body than before, so I'm sure that helps. Also, a different look is probably Miura's way of showing that Griffith is different, new, improved, whatever. ^^; And like Majin said, he's not exactly human anymore, so he should look different.

P

PsychoJavexx

Yeah, something like that. heheheh, anyway. I like the old Griffith better actually. He seems more... meaner now. Like when he stabbed that Kushan guy in the eye. Uneccessary. lol And how he tells Locus that he's going to join blades with him, or something like that. I do like the old Griffith better though. But I wish they'd get rid of Puck and Isidro, and all the other total-comic characters. I hated a lot of Vol.23 because it was a lot of Puck talkin' shit and Isidro doing stupid stuff. I think it was 23 anyway... i can't wait until it starts to get more serious again.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
PsychoJavexx said:
Yeah, something like that. heheheh, anyway. I like the old Griffith better actually. He seems more... meaner now. Like when he stabbed that Kushan guy in the eye. Uneccessary. lol And how he tells Locus that he's going to join blades with him, or something like that. I do like the old Griffith better though. But I wish they'd get rid of Puck and Isidro, and all the other total-comic characters. I hated a lot of Vol.23 because it was a lot of Puck talkin' shit and Isidro doing stupid stuff. I think it was 23 anyway... i can't wait until it starts to get more serious again.

What!? get rid of Puck? You have to be joking there. Without him, the mood of the series would turn all too serious :(.

P

PsychoJavexx

Well yeah, but I liked the seriousness of it. Or at least tone the comedy down a bit, maybe like in the beginning where Puck would always be thinking hard about something, or like when Gatts was fighting Roshinu. Puck wasn't all comedy then. Now everytime you see him he looks like the onion thing (which isn't bad), but to me that means he's supposed to be comical. And Isidro, I like the character, but I just don't like the comical side of him. Ya know, the one you always see? I mean it totally ruined the mood when everybody in the cave turned into demons and Isidro was throwing rocks at them, and at the same time making stupid remarks and that sort of thing. Anyway, the seriousness is what got me hooked on Berserk. Especially how serious and messed up the anime's ending was. I couldn't sleep after I saw that. I just had to get in my car and drive for a while and think...

kimchan

PsychoJavexx said:
Well yeah, but I liked the seriousness of it. Or at least tone the comedy down a bit, maybe like in the beginning where Puck would always be thinking hard about something, or like when Gatts was fighting Roshinu. Puck wasn't all comedy then. Now everytime you see him he looks like the onion thing (which isn't bad), but to me that means he's supposed to be comical. And Isidro, I like the character, but I just don't like the comical side of him. Ya know, the one you always see? I mean it totally ruined the mood when everybody in the cave turned into demons and Isidro was throwing rocks at them, and at the same time making stupid remarks and that sort of thing. Anyway, the seriousness is what got me hooked on Berserk. Especially how serious and messed up the anime's ending was. I couldn't sleep after I saw that. I just had to get in my car and drive for a while and think...

Isidro I can take or leave, but you've gotta keep Puck! Besides, he is basically Guts' first aid kit.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Isidro’s character has obvious parallels to Griffith, Guts, and Morgan; thus, he's pretty well tied into the main theme of ambition and dreams. Sounds pretty serious to me.

-Griffith

P

PsychoJavexx

Well okay. You're right. Puck has to stay, but he needs to get a little bit more serious. I do like his little first aid deal. But I really don't like Isidro. Ever since he came into the story he hasn't done much but make stupid faces and say things like Puck does. He's just not a character who takes things serious, which makes me not take him serious.

Griffith looks different bcuz Miura has gotten better at art. look at Gutz. He looks completely different from post eclipse Gutz. Same with Jeadeu, etc

O

Ozmo

Griffith must have gone SSJ!!1 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Saiki said:
Griffith looks different bcuz Miura has gotten better at art. look at Gutz. He looks completely different from post eclipse Gutz. Same with Jeadeu, etc

The name is Guts. I recommend you start using it before the local Gestapo catches up to you. ;)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Saiki said:
is that why we suffer "Onion Puck"

PsychoJavexx said:
Yeah... and who is Morgan? I forgot again?
normaly, I would just redirect you here, however, that doesn't helm much this time.

Kefky

Boo!
I'm personally a big fan of the humor in berserk, but I guess I'm biased since I've always liked how manga blends seriousness, action and humor. I suppose I can understand why there are people who don't like it, but I think it would be a shame if either Puck or Isidro left. And I hope there'll be more ecchi jokes between Isidro and Shirke in the future. ;D

Btw, anyone notice how Miura-sensei seems to like kids? They're just everywhere in berserk... A little strange for such a serious and adult manga.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
PsychoJavexx said:

Well, as much as I myself like the seriousness of Berserk, I don't think I'd like Berserk as much as I do now without the comical events with Puck. As for Isidro, I don't know if I care much for him one way or another, but you gotta admit that there's some pretty fun moments with him :3. I throught it was pretty fun when he tried to peep on Farneze and Caska and got caught by Shiruke anyway ;D.

Besides, since Griffith mentioned that Isidro’s character has obvious parallels to Griffith, Guts, and Morgan, I wonder if you couldn't say that Isidro right now, in a sense, is like the boy that is mentioned in Caska's flashback on the background of her joining the Taka no Dan? In that case, it'd mean that Isidro is now, just like the boy, "In the middle of his dream"...

Kefky

Boo!
Yea, I hope he plays an important part in the plot later on. I also hope he becomes a force to be recogned with as the series progresses. He's just trying to hard... He reminds me of Yahiko from RK.

P

PsychoJavexx

Yeah, I can agree with that. Puck and Isidro do make it a bit more funny, and I do like comedy. Just not in serious parts where Gatts is killing people and Caska is about to get raped, and the entire world is about to die. I'm overexaggerating, but still. I notice these "funny" parts in places they don't need to be. And uh... who is Morgan? I forgot, but if somebody told me, I'd probably remember.

puella

Berserk forever
PsychoJavexx said:
Now everytime you see him he looks like the onion thing (which isn't bad), but to me that means he's supposed to be comical.

At least, say Puck looks like the chestnut thing, not onion. :'(

how can you say isidoro is not serious. if you look at volume 25 you see him struggle with the fact the he felt useless compared to Schierke and everyone, then you see him take on the troll king after realizing he can do more. I didn't see much comedy with isidoro in the past several chapters much at all. I beleive he's a great character that adds a different kind of struggle to the group. You have caska's mental problems, farneze's fear, serpico's struggle to protect farneze, gutts's struggle's with the brand, beast and overcoming impossible odds, and now recently isidoro's struggle with feeling completely useless in these horrible situations. I think he adds along with his comedic performance some new found character development that only he can bring to Gutts's band.

puella

Berserk forever
PsychoJavexx said:
What chestnut thing?

I'd recommend you should read the volumes again.
Miura has shown us "Chestnut(kuri) Puck" as his comic form,since he first came up in the manga.

kimchan

Kefky said:
Okay now, can anyone tell us who this Morgan is? He's not even in that characters list. ^_^;

Morgan is the old man in Volume 24 that Guts' band found in the woods. He was trying to get to Flora so he could ask her to save his village from the trolls. He was also the one that met her 50 years previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom