Why does Griffith look different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
kimchan said:
Morgan is the old man in Volume 24 that Guts' band found in the woods. He was trying to get to Flora so he could ask her to save his village from the trolls. He was also the one that met her 50 years previously.
thank you, some of us don't have excelent memories.

P

PsychoJavexx

Thank You!!! I know who Morgan is. I just didn't recognize the name. And that doesn't look like a chestnut. It looks like an onion.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
PsychoJavexx said:
And that doesn't look like a chestnut. It looks like an onion.

No, it's a chestnut, and he also fight with chestnut burrs, not dandellions. What you think of it won't change the fact it's like that, sorry.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Majin Tenshi said:
thank you, some of us don't have excelent memories.

I'm good at remembering practically useless trivia. ;)

PsychoJavexx said:
Thank You!!! I know who Morgan is. I just didn't recognize the name. And that doesn't look like a chestnut. It looks like an onion.

It's a chestnut, that's why they call him "Kuri Puck" when he's all super deformed that way (kuri=chestnut).

P

PsychoJavexx

Hehehe... oh. Well I didn't know what kuri meant. Damn... I still like to think of him as an onion thing. I don't know japanese, and I always wait for the translated scans. Anyway, thanks for the info. But I still don't like the comical stuff.

kimchan

PsychoJavexx said:
Hehehe... oh. Well I didn't know what kuri meant. Damn... I still like to think of him as an onion thing. I don't know japanese, and I always wait for the translated scans. Anyway, thanks for the info. But I still don't like the comical stuff.

No problem. I don't know Japanese either, but I have a nifty dictionary on my computer. ;)

kimchan

PsychoJavexx said:
Cool. Where do you get a dictionary like that?

It's this program called JFC (like a kanji flashcard program). The thing that actually has the dictionary is called Jwpce (it's sort of like a word processor type thing except you can type in Japanese).

You can get JWPce here:

http://www.physics.ucla.edu/~grosenth/jwpce.html

And JFC here:

http://www.physics.ucla.edu/~grosenth/jfc.html

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
JWPce is a real life-saver if you're studying japanese or if you just want to know a thing or two about the stuff you*re reading :D. However, one should not rely on it too much :)

kimchan

Dark Wanderer said:
JWPce is a real life-saver if you're studying japanese or if you just want to know a thing or two about the stuff you*re reading :D. However, one should not rely on it too much :)

I mostly just use it when I run across a word online that I don't know. And I always have my paper dictionary for back up. ^_^

P

PsychoJavexx

Do you know how to get Internet Explorer to display japanese, or translate it to english?

kimchan

PsychoJavexx said:
Do you know how to get Internet Explorer to display japanese, or translate it to english?

I got mine to do it (well, it only displays like half the time). But honestly, I don't know of a "procedure," there was just always this pop up when I'd go to Japanese sites asking me to download Japanese language support.

Maybe one of the people who are more knowledgeable and/or fluent in Japanese might have a better idea, sorry. I'm just a lowly Japanophile right now. :-\

P

PsychoJavexx

lol Yeah, I can't get that box up anymore. It used to come up all the time when I had my old computer. I can't get it anymore. I want to order some of those "figures/figurines(??)" from that art of war website. But I can't understand any of it. Anyway, Alice in Chains is an awesome band! Has anybody seen that fiberglass sword that was for sale in Germany I think of the Dragonslayer? I wanted one, but didn't have 130 euros.. whatever that amounts to in the US.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
lock.gif

Locked for lack of focus. PM each other this tech support bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom