Would Griffith recruit Guts?

A friend of mine ask me this silly question (the reason being i know it will never happen), but i m also curious to know if Griffith is sincere enough to find Guts...

Back in vol22, Griffith told Guts "Let us organise the hawks again". From this statement i assume that he is asking Guts to follow him, if that case and -IF- Guts agree to follow him, do u think Griffith will accept him?

P.S: By asking Guts to join Griff, do u think he deliberately trying to insult Guts?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Well, Griffith has let every other person hes come across join up, I don't see why not. But, well, Guts would sooner die I think, so its a moot point.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Smith said:
Back in vol22, Griffith told Guts "Let us organise the hawks again". From this statement i assume that he is asking Guts to follow him, if that case and -IF- Guts agree to follow him, do u think Griffith will accept him?

Well, I for one don't think he would have asked him just to tell him that he didn't really mean it. Griffith has always been committed to his decisions and dreams. Anyone can see that Guts would be a huge asset to their army. I even recall Slann saying that the Godhand should have Guts on their side. Griffith isn't blind to the fact that Guts has reached a level of skill above and beyond his abilities two years ago. He's stronger than most apostles and a genius on the battlefield. Having Guts in Griffith's new Hawk army would make Griffith unstoppable.

P.S: By asking Guts to join Griff, do u think he deliberately trying to insult Guts?

From what I read of that scene, Griffith mentions that he didn't have the same feelings for Guts that he did before the eclipse and one of his main purposes for their meeting is to make sure Guts wasn't a weakness anymore. Based on that, I don't think it was an insult. But that's just my opinion.

puella

Berserk forever
Smith said:
yes

no

** I totally agree with miyu here.
I strongly think Griffith still wants Guts just like he did before.

Miyu said:
Based on that, I don't think it was an insult.

Why i feel Griffith's word is an insult to Guts

1) He should know more clearly that Guts will definitely not join him (for the reasons being too obvious), by asking that question for the ans which is expected, dont u see that as an insult?

2) Griffith himself should be strong enough to conquer Midland, there is no reason to find Guts.

3) There would be internal conflict with Griffith minion and him. With the brand on, there would certainly be chaos in the army, didnt Griffith see that?

4) Griffith had insulted him before in vol 3, i dun see a reason y he wont do it again!

5) Griffith might kill him after accepting Guts (this is my opinion) because he should see Guts as a threat.

By saying those words, Griffith knew it would angered Guts further more, by that is precisely what is Griffith is trying to do (these are just my guesses), maybe he wanted to show Guts how powerful he had become after sarcrificing everything that Guts love!

P.S Hope i will not offend any Griffith's fan here :p

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Smith said:

1) He should know more clearly that Guts will definitely not join him (for the reasons being too obvious), by asking that question for the ans which is expected, dont u see that as an insult?

Not really an insult, I'd say. More like teasing.

2) Griffith himself should be strong enough to conquer Midland, there is no reason to find Guts.

Love would be a pretty good reason.

Locke11

Oompa Loompas For Sale!!!
I think he truely ment it knowing that getting a enemy to join your team... really the only enemy that could hurt you besides skully (whose moreover after void... than the others at this time)

Its better to have allies than enemies, and griffith is the type that would say somethng like that relying on his 'influence'. Eh... But then again Im just talking outta my ass.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
I think it's plausible that somewhere in the future Griffith may try to woo Guts into becoming an ally, but then again, as we saw in the graveyard of the swords in the earlier manga, Griffith also states that he is free of feelings for Guts and walks away.

LG

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Lady Griffith said:
as we saw in the graveyard of the swords in the earlier manga, Griffith also states that he is free of feelings for Guts and walks away.

Personally, I don't believe that for a second. Self-delusion, baby!

Miyu

Smith said:

Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups, and besides, it never hurts to ask cause you never know until then.

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Also, even if Griffith's army was strong enough without Guts, it sure wouldn't hurt to have such a strong warrior on their side rather than against them.

3) There would be internal conflict with Griffith minion and him. With the brand on, there would certainly be chaos in the army, didnt Griffith see that?

(Not going to use a cheesy quote this time) If the apostle minions want to keep on serving Griffith then they will obey his orders, even if it was to keep their hands off of Guts. I'm sure you noticed the time when Zodd just smashed in the head of one of his soliders when he disobeyed. Also, Griffith's main troops i.e. Zodd, Locus, Irvine and Grunbeld (Groenveld or whatever the hell it is) are very loyal to him and would ensure that his orders are carried out.

4) Griffith had insulted him before in vol 3, i dun see a reason y he wont do it again!

Times have changed and they're in a different situation. Griffith sounded pretty serious to me.

5) Griffith might kill him after accepting Guts (this is my opinion) because he should see Guts as a threat.

See answer to your point # 2.

By saying those words, Griffith knew it would angered Guts further more, by that is precisely what is Griffith is trying to do (these are just my guesses), maybe he wanted to show Guts how powerful he had become after sarcrificing everything that Guts love!

This is probable, in which case it was a win-win situation for Griffith because if Guts accepted, then he would have proven that he had broken the man and gained another accessory to his already powerful army and if he refused, then it would appear to be an insult. Either way, I believe that he was sincere in his offer to Guts.

Miyu said:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups

Well, this is too obvious to be assumption, would u expect Guts to kneel down in front of Griffith, grabbed his legs and cried, "Oh Griffith, how much i had miss you! I had endured many hardship by killing apostles just to take a look at you, I had even taken a very good care of your Caska. Pls, pls i beg u, on account of all the sarcrifices i had made, pls accept me, I swear i will protect u with my life! I swear!" ::)

Comment: I feel like puking! :p

Miyu

Smith said:
Well, this is too obvious to be assumption, would u expect Guts to kneel down in front of Griffith, grabbed his legs and cried, "Oh Griffith, how much i had miss you! I had endured many hardship by killing apostles just to take a look at you, I had even taken a very good care of your Caska. Pls, pls i beg u, on account of all the sarcrifices i had made, pls accept me, I swear i will protect u with my life! I swear!" ::)

Comment: I feel like puking! :p

It may be obvious to us the readers since we can see everything that Guts goes through and also his thoughts, but Griffith has been going around doing his Godhand thing as Femto. He hasn't seen everything that Guts has been through or can even read his thoughts to know that for those last two years Guts has been harboring this bitter hatred for the man. You have to remember to seperate what we know as readers from what the characters may know. So in that sense it seems obvious to us that he would instantly refuse, but from Griffith's perspective, he may have an idea that he'll refuse, but it isn't spelled out for him since they haven't seen each other in two years.

And no, he wouldn't expect Guts to bow down to him like a little pussy. Just answer him.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
That's right, and I'd like to add that Griffith is just not the kind of person to be insulting someone; he's way beyond such a thing. No, his offer to Guts was definitely sincere if you ask me, it fits well with his pure and transcendental image.

Ok guys, i m convinced... 8)

But let say if in the future volume, Guts suddenly pledge allegiance to the hawk, Griffith would still accept him?

M

medievald00d

1. Guts would never do that. EVER. EVER....

2. IF he did, Griffith would probably let him. Griffith FORCED him to join, even after he nearly killed one of his men, and tore an arm off another. Griffith doesnt let petty things such as his own men's deaths get in the way of making himself stronger...

Top Bottom