Episode 227

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Re:Chapter 227

Hey all, well it sounds like a fucking kick ass chapter!! It's 7:37 am over here so after work I am going to go down and get the YA.

Was kinda curious... About what Flora said to Schrieke..."If you can tell him how to control it properly."

Control it how. As in giving it in order? Controling it with his thoughts? Changing the actual appearance seems possible with the beast for a head thing. So control it ala Spawn?? I don't know...but I guess we will find out sooner or later! ;D

Actually, Flora told Scherkie that she is the only one who can show Gutz the path within the flow of power.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Hey all, well...Scan's are not going up today. My tubby friend (the one with the car) is being gay so he isn't going to drive me today. I will tomorrow though. Hope to get them up soon. :-*

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Hey all, well...Scan's are not going up today. [...] Hope to get them up soon. :-*

hey, don't worry, no need to rush! You're kind enough to brought these, we can always go to hell if we are greedy...

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Everyone, keep in mind that there will be three weeks now between the release of this chapter and the next, instead of the usual two. So maybe that's why Miura has skipped his usual little break?

And Grunbeld the fire dragon looks even more huge and fearsome now, his body is covered with mountain crystals of some sort. There are definitely some very nice colourable pages in this chapter. 8)

And Wereallmad was right, the armor reconnects the broken bones by sticking several pins of the armor through it. But I'm starting to worry now that Guts will never look quite the same again. If he ever gets rid of the armor somehow I'm afraid he's going to wind up just like Griffith after he was tortured. And with the armor he's probably going to wind up like Skully. :-\

puella

Berserk forever

Mizar said:
Everyone, keep in mind that there will be three weeks now between the release of this chapter and the next, instead of the usual two. So maybe that's why Miura has skipped his usual little break?

It's not unusual thing. September 12 is the second Friday.
YA comes out the second and the fourth Friday a month, not every two weeks.
So 2-3week term has been kept so far except when Miura takes a break.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Mizar said:
And Wereallmad was right, the armor reconnects the broken bones by sticking several pins of the armor through it. But I'm starting to worry now that Guts will never look quite the same again. If he ever gets rid of the armor somehow I'm afraid he's going to wind up just like Griffith after he was tortured. And with the armor he's probably going to wind up like Skully. :-\
Griffith ended up the way he did because of the specific things they did. He didn't get to move much for a year and had major tendons cut. This resulted in a lot of muscle loss.

The skully bit is more accurate.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Mizar said:
And Grunbeld the fire dragon looks even more huge and fearsome now, his body is covered with mountain crystals of some sort. There are definitely some very nice colourable pages in this chapter. 8)​
That's what I like to hear. I just pray Ouji gets them looking as glorious as he normally does!

And Wereallmad was right, the armor reconnects the broken bones by sticking several pins of the armor through it. But I'm starting to worry now that Guts will never look quite the same again. If he ever gets rid of the armor somehow I'm afraid he's going to wind up just like Griffith after he was tortured. And with the armor he's probably going to wind up like Skully.​
I've been worrying about how he is going to remove the armour. It seems that Skull Knight can not take his off, be the reason it's now a part of his body, or that he will die. Either way, I don't want Guts to be in this new situation. I know it might be unavoidable now, but it still makes me hope for a silver lining. Neo-Skull Knight is not how I want Guts to end up as!

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

puella said:
It's not unusual thing. September 12 is the second Friday.
YA comes out the second and the fourth Friday a month, not every two weeks.

Yeah, I knew about the second and fourth Friday thing, but not everyone on the board does though. So I thought I'd let the community know in advance before everyone starts to ask where the next chapter is in two weeks. ;) And I think it is pretty unusual actually, it happens only twice a year that we have to wait three weeks for the next YA to come out, the rest of the year it's all exactly two weeks.

Uriel said:
[/center]
Either way, I don't want Guts to be in this new situation. I know it might be unavoidable now, but it still makes me hope for a silver lining. Neo-Skull Knight is not how I want Guts to end up as!

Well, sad to say before that happen, Guts might have bled to death... 8)

We have to see Guts from different point of view now. With this armor on, He is no longer the human we know, but something that is unnaturally sorta being like SK. Once equipped with the armor, maybe there is no hope of removing, and the beast might have consumed him permanently, with that i fear the beast form we see now might be the appearance of Guts all the way till the end of the story...

I wonder if i can get used to the change :-\

Nosferatu

BERSERK

Didn't Flora inscribed something on the breast plate of the Berserk's armor? If so, can anyone speculate on what it is? I thought it was something to protect Guts from releasing the beast within him, but that's obviously not the case. Maybe it has something to do with all this controlling the 'odo' stuff...ho hum :-\

Uriel said:
It seems that Skull Knight can not take his off, be the reason it's now a part of his body, or that he will die.
You're assuming that he's wearing an armor...

Mizar said:
I think it is pretty unusual actually, it happens only twice a year that we have to wait three weeks for the next YA to come out
Not really, no? ^^;

Uriel

Olivier Hague said:
You're assuming that he's wearing an armor...​
Well, it appears to be... His shoulder pads would be some indication of this, along with the straps by his hips.... Yes, I've been examining my Art of War figure for the past 5 minutes ::)

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Olivier Hague said:
Not really, no? ^^;

Oh shit, I've been hagued. :'(

Correction, it actually happens four times a year, that's not too uncommon, no. -_-;;

G

Genn21

Olivier Hague said:
You're assuming that he's wearing an armor...^^;

The skeleton we came to know and love is a shell ? Or he is a big peice of armor to say it in another fashion.

Gayness. Hague , change the story and make it all better :).lie to us damnit

Olivier Hague said:
You're assuming that he's wearing an armor..

I think that it would be an empty armor.. because of the speculation we had not that long ago about "how full" of Behelit would be the armor. What i can't speculate on is how all this empty armor can work....

BigFire

King King King Gainer

Nosferatu said:
Didn't Flora inscribed something on the breast plate of the Berserk's armor? If so, can anyone speculate on what it is? I thought it was something to protect Guts from releasing the beast within him, but that's obviously not the case. Maybe it has something to do with all this controlling the 'odo' stuff...ho hum :-\

The sigil that Flora inscribed inside the armor is to shield him from the effect of his brand. With it on, he will no longer be a demon magnet.

O

Ozmo

Olivier Hague said:
Not in my opinion, no...
The sound the Beherit makes when he "swallows" it? The sword trick?

And what would this sound be exactly? I can't read thoise kanji/hiyawata/whatever sound fx. :)

Uriel

Olivier Hague said:
Not in my opinion, no...
The sound the Beherit makes when he "swallows" it? The sword trick?​
Sword swallowing is possible. As for the behelit, we don't know for a fact where it went. We didn't see it being digested ^^;

When I said it appears to be, I meant the physical appearance of the "armour". You can't tell me that it doesn't look, somewhat, like armour.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Ozmo said:
And what would this sound be exactly? I can't read thoise kanji/hiyawata/whatever sound fx. :)

I think it's 'kan' 'kan' (hollow metal sound), I could be mistaken, I don't have my manga in front of me.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Isn't it a likely scenario that when Skully wore a similar armor it consumed all his blood and flesh, but kept its bone and spirit, just like what seems to be happening with Guts now? I don't think that Skully is really wearing an armor now, he is the armor so to speak. At least that's what seems most logical now, judging from recent developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom