Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:Chapter 227

Really, Flora totally gyped Guts:

"You can help me out with this Beast thing?"

"Oh... sure *snicker* yeah, I can give you a hand *stifled laughter*. Here put this on. It'll help you with that big ass wound."

"Oh, gee! You're the best granny EVER!" *YEARRRGHHHH!*

Walter said:
Really, Flora totally gyped Guts:
Not just that... Guts basically agreed to her deal so that he would not be controlled by the beast like he was when he almost killed Casca... So thanks for the armor, Flora! ^__^;

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!

Olivier Hague said:
Not just that... Guts basically agreed to her deal so that he would not be controlled by the beast like he was when he almost killed Casca... So thanks for the armor, Flora! ^__^;

Well... we don't know for sure yet whether the beast is truly in control. I guess we have to wait for either the battle to end, or for Guts to say something...

Although it does *seem* like the beast is in the driver's seat for now, at least. I can't really picture Guts killing Grunny, then lifting his helmet and saying "How'd I do, guys?" =p~

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!

Don't you give me the Olivi-eye. =p

Guts dons armor, Guts thinks "whoa, what's going on", Beast says "leave it to me", Guts thinks "oh, I see now."

After that, we don't know much... the armor beasts out, and Guts starts kicking scrotum.

Nowhere does it say "Guts no longer has any control"... we *assume* that's true... but it's not a guarantee yet, right? He still could have *some* level of coherency... all we know is that something wild is going on with him, on the Od level, that's causing Schierke to be unable to communicate telepathically with Guts.

Personally I think that the beast is in control... I'm just doing my civic duty as the Devil's advocate. ^_-

korkor

I could be a llama

Olivier Hague said:

maybe thats why shes burning in the house :p

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks a lot, SaiyajinNoOuji. ;)

It is a quite good chapter and makes me curious about the result of the fight, Gatts vs Grunbeld. BTW, new Grunbeld looks like a crystal dragon. ;D

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Saiki said:
Quote from Scherkie

"The precious user of that armour had his entire body pierced with copper thorns. All bones were broken and he kept fighting till all blood had spurt out."

No offense, but at least understand what is said in the manga b4 making any assumptions

Copper? are you sure it's not iron or something? Copper is quite toxic.

secilj said:
new Grunbeld looks like a crystal dragon. ;D

Might be some kinda magma rock, or something. That would explain the bright light pouring out from his wound, but yeah, he certainly does look like he's made out diamond or something. Kind of unusual for a fire-breathing dragon.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

secilj said:
It is a quite good chapter and makes me curious about the result of the fight, Gatts vs Grunbeld. BTW, new Grunbeld looks like a crystal dragon. ;D
yay! Neutral Alignment!

Wereallmad said:
Might be some kinda magma rock, or something. That would explain the bright light pouring out from his wound, but yeah, he certainly does look like he's made out diamond or something.
Corundum. Probably ruby?

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!

BTW, for folks who aren't in the know, corundum is an incredibly hard gem, second only to diamond on the basic mineral hardness scale. Which is why Groenveld is so freaked that Guts' sword managed to crack his corundum hide, when steel is the weaker material...

As for color, I'm not *even* gonna start another "GutZ' aRmOR cOLoR" argument. ^_^;; Corundum can be pretty much any color of the rainbow. I'm guessing Olivier's guess is based off his red hair maybe? Or perhaps the "Karyu" chapter title?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Olivier Hague said:

Well, Guts wanted the armor so he wouldn't have to worry about the beast killing Caska. If you really think about it, the simplist way to accomplish that is to kill Guts. Sounds like Flora is one of those bitchy ifreet types.

Olivier Hague said:
Corundum. Probably ruby?

\Co*run"dum\ (k?-r?n"d?m), n.; pl. Corundums (-d?mz). [Also corindon.] [From Hind. kurand corundum stone.] (Min.) The earth alumina, as found native in a crystalline state, including sapphire, which is the fine blue variety; the oriental ruby, or red sapphire; the oriental amethyst, or purple sapphire; and adamantine spar, the hair-brown variety. It is the hardest substance found native, next to the diamond.

Note: The name corundum is sometimes restricted to the non-transparent or coarser kinds. Emery is a dark-colored granular variety, usually admixed with magnetic iron ore.

Wow, that sounds pretty likely I suppose, though it sounds like this substance can be any color. It's hard to imagine a fire-breathing dragon being crystal blue, or purple. The logical choice would be red (like you say, ruby), but on the other hand, it's kind of hard to imagine him changing his color scheme so radically (or did he... have there been any color pages with him?). I wish Miura would include more color pages.

I gotta ask how was Guts able to crack something almost as hard as diamond with an iron sword? I mean, it's been covered that the sword has some enchanted properties, but it still chips and cracks like a regular sword, or has it transcended the physical world completetly?

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

Apostle blood must be reinforcing it since was able to do damage even to slan... And we all know that the DS has litterally bathed un apostle blood...

Wereallmad said:
I gotta ask how was Guts able to crack something almost as hard as diamond with an iron sword? I mean, it's been covered that the sword has some enchanted properties, but it still chips and cracks like a regular sword, or has it transcended the physical world completetly?

Maybe you can chalk it up to the fact that Guts exists inbetween the Astral world and the Physical world? Maybe that physical property of Grunbeld's crystal hide isn't as significant in the Astral realm.

exactly what color is grunbeld's armor?

It's hard to imagine a fire-breathing dragon being crystal blue, or purple.

Grunbeld could have the blue sapphire look since fire isn't strickly red or yellow. Where blue fire is actually much hotter. I think a blue crystalline grunbeld with blue fire emitting from him would be a reasonable look.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

namayias said:
exactly what color is grunbeld's armor?Grunbeld could have the blue sapphire look since fire isn't strickly red or yellow. Where blue fire is actually much hotter. I think a blue crystalline grunbeld with blue fire emitting from him would be a reasonable look.

White wouldn't be even hotter? Just imagine a diamond dragon with a touch of purple with white and blueish flames coming out... But i must admit that a kind of magma dragon with ruby would be more eye catching...

Aquedesin said:
White wouldn't be even hotter? Just imagine a diamond dragon with a touch of purple with white and blueish flames coming out... But i must admit that a kind of magma dragon with ruby would be more eye catching...
agreed, although my first impression of the crystals was white with blue and white flames like you said. A magma dragon would seem more likely though, but i guess it depends on what color grunbelds armor was.

on another note, i wonder how long it took miura to design grunbeld's apostle form. He must have a million different sketches, because this form just seems so detailed and complex.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

namayias said:
on another note, i wonder how long it took miura to design grunbeld's apostle form. He must have a million different sketches, because this form just seems so detailed and complex.

That's sure, but well, there is also a lot of dragon pictures everywhere, thus it must a bit easier to find good idea... (but harder to do something original)

M

medievald00d

I say that his crystals are yellow and red, amber and ruby. He's also got scales too, which could be orange. That would give a nice fiery look

GoHF

I'm a llama!

Even if Grunbeld's "skin" was diamond, it would be nothing against the laws of physics for Guts sword to crack it. Diamond is not indestructible and a strong enough hit from a piece of iron (be it sword or hammer or something else) can crack, break and shatter a diamond... or a skin made of. Guts sword is all iron, that thing must weight a ton or so. If Guts gave it enough momentum, it'd probably crack anything.

:eek: thanks, SaiyajinNoOuji!

Even if Schierke is able to reach Guts and help him, she'd also have to stave off Grunbeld...someone would have to...unless somehow Zodd and company withdraw and force Grunbeld to leave.

GoHF said:
If Guts gave it enough momentum, it'd probably crack anything.

Diamond is not called the hardest material for nothing ;)

Ozmo said:
he'll never walk again if those things are removed. Even with Miura's knowledge of human physiology. :)

Great! we have a handicapped warrior now! 8)

You are not wrong in that sense, Guts might fully dependent on that armor from now on! And guess what? Skully will crumple to dust if his armor is remove ;D

P.S Didnt Guts sense something wrong with all the blood sprewing out like that? Was it because of the beast or he was too engross in fighting Grunbeld? ::)

Graywords said:
I'm guessing Olivier's guess is based off his red hair maybe? Or perhaps the "Karyu" chapter title?
Both.

Wereallmad said:
how was Guts able to crack something almost as hard as diamond with an iron sword?
Corundum is the second hardest natural mineral, but I believe diamond (the first one) is four times harder...
(not that it really matters... ^_^; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom