Where can I find that 7 foot Dragon Slayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PsychoJavexx

I saw one once on a german website. I'd like to buy one, if anybody knows where I can get one.

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
Do u considered that 7 foot thing a bit to huge?
indeed. btw that site has some pretty sweet swords im thinking of geting these wolverine claws
MR9-385L.jpg

P

PsychoJavexx

Thanks. Cool. I want a Dragon Slayer. And yeah, that dude does look kinda stupid. lol

that site is the bizzomb. I want a straight edge katana, but not one of those cheap ones that are one chunk of metal with some cord wrapped around it, or a thin one. Probably will get one of the cheap ones though. That 54" katana is officially off the hizzle my dizzles.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
MangyKid Ver.4.3 said:
that site is the bizzomb. I want a straight edge katana, but not one of those cheap ones that are one chunk of metal with some cord wrapped around it, or a thin one. Probably will get one of the cheap ones though. That 54" katana is officially off the hizzle my dizzles.

Straight katanas are fantasy weapons and generally not made by serious swordsmiths. I wouldn't advise paying more that, say, 25 bucks for one, as it will only be a wallhanger anyway.

Besides, they look really stupid.

I like katanas, but they're a tad too thin, and I really prefer straight swords. I like claymores and chinese han swords, but they're too big and chunky, and expensive. So I figured I'd try a straight katana. But they're still too thin. I don't know why you think they look stupid, to me curved ones look stupid.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
MangyKid Ver.4.3 said:
I like katanas, but they're a tad too thin, and I really prefer straight swords. I like claymores and chinese han swords, but they're too big and chunky, and expensive. So I figured I'd try a straight katana. But they're still too thin. I don't know why you think they look stupid, to me curved ones look stupid.
Do you understand how hard it is to properly slash with a straight sword?
Most straight swords are designed for stabbing primarily.
Katanas are primarily slashing weapons.
Straight swords tend to chop or smash.
Guts chops, or sometimes with the DS, its more of the smashing thing.)

(I didn't really try to structure this post since I'd rather be asleep right now. )

Well, I'm not going into war with it. It's just what I like. I was going to be trained to use tai chi swords, butterfly swords, and those ones that are like tai chi swords but bigger and thicker, you know what I mean.

hey, check this out:
p_bd01.jpg

ringy ring

M

medievald00d

I think i know what you're thinking about. Try the landsknecht zweihander. Im not too sure of the spelling, but the landsknecht were pretty interesting warriors, with unusually long swords built to take down horsemen. Check em out.

--edited to correct the spelling of landsknecht

Makkuro

MangyKid Ver.4.3 said:

They're usable though.

If I was going to pick one sword that I was going to actually use, yeah, it'd be a katana. One time my friend bought this $20 katana, man that thing sucked. It bent, then the (plastic) handle broke off, It was as far from full-tang as you can get. The blase was glued in there. My other friend has a fairly good one, he's played around with it aalot, only thing is one of the metal rivet things came out of the handle.

went of track, there. I looked up those zweihanders, and they're definitely meant for use on horses, and they are weird looking, too. They look like scottish longswords.
http://www.weaponmasters.com/index.html?ID=26d666162be9e2724c8fb6923562041f&ITEM=PC-2005&SUB_ITEM=MORE_PICTURES&SORT=PRICE_DN&FDX=1&FMAX=10
now that is a nice sword, and only $1300! hooray!

M

medievald00d

1.You mean Scottish Claymores
2. Scottish Claymores do not have the second guard, nor are they squiggly above the guard
3.Zweihanders are more than 5 feet long and more than 6 pounds. A long sword is not more than 4 pounds
4. Zweihanders are the closest things we'll get to Skully's sword (not the behelit sword..)

zweih.jpg

jeez, you are a sword maven. I thought it looked like the one in that movie braveheart, and a few others I saw, mostly because of the second grip above the hand guard. I did see one squiggly zweihander, but the rest weren't. But I have heard of scottish swords being over 5 feet long, too, but I don't remember what they called them. and I just use longsword as a general term anyway.

I think I'm going to make you a special crown with "sword king" written out in jewels.

Makkuro

MangyKid Ver.4.3 said:
If I was going to pick one sword that I was going to actually use, yeah, it'd be a katana.

So, you don't want a sword, but rather a piece of sword-shaped jewelry. That's okay, but you should appreciate the difference.

One time my friend bought this $20 katana, man that thing sucked. It bent, then the (plastic) handle broke off, It was as far from full-tang as you can get. The blase was glued in there. My other friend has a fairly good one, he's played around with it aalot, only thing is one of the metal rivet things came out of the handle.

You can't get a sword that's not crap at that price. It's just not possible. The cheapes katana that can even begin to be called good is the Practical Katana by Hanwei, (or the ol' 1070-GT, as I lovingly call it) for about $170. It's differentially tempered, acceptably mounted and does not look like shit. It's no work of art, though. Cost is not to be confused with quality, though; this ugly piece of crap costs over 500 bucks!

M

medievald00d

Actually, its not a piece of crap. Its made of 1050 spring steel, or carbon steel. Granted, it'll rust really fast, but it will hold its edge better and wont break as easily. It can be bent a little more, meaning it is less brittle. Its a different kind of sword, not made of the same material as the katana's of feudal Japan, but its not bad. Its not worth 500 though, but its not a piece of crap either...

oh yea, it does look like crap, and its not historically accurate, and it does not deserve to be called a katana. Its not necessarily bad quality though

--edited after i saw the full scale pic of that crappy sword

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I want a Dimond edged Katana (segmented so it doesn't just crack)
With a blade made out of a metal I read about, (It re-"crystalizes" when scratched)
reinforced by some absurdly hard and tough crystal (once again segmented of course).

It'd be functional and purdy.
Unfortuneatly, I'll never have the money for it.

Makkuro

medievald00d said:
Actually, its not a piece of crap. Its made of 1050 spring steel, or carbon steel. Granted, it'll rust really fast, but it will hold its edge better and wont break as easily. It can be bent a little more, meaning it is less brittle. Its a different kind of sword, not made of the same material as the katana's of feudal Japan, but its not bad. Its not worth 500 though, but its not a piece of crap either...

It's a katana that halfway down the blade decided to become a saber. I don't care what exact alloy it's made of, it is crap.

M

medievald00d

ya know, i always thought about a diamond katana, and it always sounded nice. Only problem is that it would be insanely brittle, but it would still be good...Personally, i dont care what kind of blade it is, but if it can cut steel like butter, i want it... ;D

M

medievald00d

Makkuro said:
It's a katana that halfway down the blade decided to become a saber. I don't care what exact alloy it's made of, it is crap.

yea...i didnt see the full pic, and after i did, i edited my original post....it is crap...good quality crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom