Characters that faded away.

I've always kinda wondered about the characters who didn't really die, and were left with loose strings. Will they ever come into play later in the series? For example, theresa who gatts left swearing to kill him. Azan, luca and that crew who were left behind at the tower. Rickert? Erica? Also, roshinu. I'm especially interested in the possibility of her return because she was an apostle and no damage was done to her head. We already know that roshinu can regenerate becasue the first wound gatts inflicted on her was chopping off the lower part of her wing, which we see her with later on. She was missing an arm and had a slice though her abdomen when we last saw her, no damage to her head. Furthermore, they talked about her returning home and crying (like pirkaf), but with no real sense of closure. There's no reason she couldn't return to the story alive and well. I thought of this partially because i'm curious, but possibly moreso because i liked the character, and think they should write her back in :p. anyway, anyone else suspect or consider the possibility of a return of any these characters?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
v16c06p125.gif
Looks dead to me.
If she shows back up though, it'd be amuseing to see her in elfland...

I doubt the prostitutes will show up again.
Rickart (and Erica) might show up again if Guts ever returns to Godo's house.

I'd still be a few more years (by the timeline) before theresa could be skilled enough to have any delusions about takeing revenge on Guts.

incognitoX

you fail me
Wasn't Azan supposed to join up with Guts (due to some art that someone posted a while back that showed him with guts, ishidro, serpico, farneze and caska?)

I can't wait to see Silatt return myself.

Looks dead to me.
If she shows back up though, it'd be amuseing to see her in elfland...

well she might not appear in the manga again, but since when does an apostle die with no damage to their head or neck? She can regen. One reason i'm especially interested in her going back in though, is she felt bad about sacrificing her parents while she was falling, she'd likely be a rogue apostle if she came back :)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
himura_kenshin said:
well she might not appear in the manga again, but since when does an apostle die with no damage to their head or neck? She can regen. One reason i'm especially interested in her going back in though, is she felt bad about sacrificing her parents while she was falling, she'd likely be a rogue apostle if she came back :)
damage to the head seems to be what eventualy kills them, since they seem survive as just a head. A 500 ft fall would probably be enough damage to kill her. (that pic was originaly a page tall and 1/3 wide)

yeah, but... she could still pull up... or fall in a tree... or... oh just shut up, i want her to still be alive! :p

eh, point taken, i didn't realize she stated falling towards the end there. though they talk about her homecoming being like pirkaf's which can't happen if she's dead. even so, it's unlikely they'd write her back in, so i suppose it's not important.

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
shes dead and i hope her soul is suffering and getting spanked by her parents in hell

bah, let me lie happily in my delusions...

actually i was just rereading in that area, and picked up / thought of some interesting things... for one, jill is left there by gatts in a world that she hates... what if she finds roshinu's behilit? actually though, i forgot about, or perhaps missed all together, this quote by jill: "While she had me basking in that cocoon........ some of roshinu's blood may have mixed with mine; maybe it will flow on in my children." again, they prolly won't do anything with it, but it's a nifty idea for them to leave open...

edit: ah, nm that first idea.... skully ate it ^^

Majin Tenshi said:
I'd still be a few more years (by the timeline) before theresa could be skilled enough to have any delusions about takeing revenge on Guts.

Well, regardless of how many years it take, she still wouldnt get her revenge (how to fight Guts?) until she was turned into a apostles as well. And if that was the case, there wouldnt be a need for a few years to get her revenge...

hmm... that seems a bit to blunt, gatts is human, it's not like the supernatural is the only thing that can hurt him, and getting revenge doesn't require her to fight him personally or to cause physical harm to him at all for that matter. For starters, she'll prolly be heiress to the throne, meaning she has an army of some sort. She could simply do something like try to kill caska besides.

himura_kenshin said:
hmm... that seems a bit to blunt, gatts is human, it's not like the supernatural is the only thing that can hurt him, and getting revenge doesn't require her to fight him personally or to cause physical harm to him at all for that matter. For starters, she'll prolly be heiress to the throne, meaning she has an army of some sort. She could simply do something like try to kill caska besides.

Hey that was a great idea, it would definitely intensify the story :D

However Tereisa's army would not last long, sooner or later it would be gobble up by the hawk, then Teresia would have to follow Griffith in order to get her revenge...

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
- Roshinu's dead. DEAD. Take a few moments and let that sink into your brain. I don't care about her "regen" powers, she was injured badly and obviously making a nosedive to eternity.

- It's doubtful that Terezia will come back, what would be the point?

- The prostitutes were one shot characters for the whole Rebirth thing.

- Rickert and Erika might show up again, if Guts ever returns to their home.

However Tereisa's army would not last long, sooner or later it would be gobble up by the hawk, then Teresia would have to follow Griffith in order to get her revenge...

Yes i'm sure if they did write her back in, it would be something similar to that, interesting idea...

Roshinu's dead. DEAD. Take a few moments and let that sink into your brain. I don't care about her "regen" powers, she was injured badly and obviously making a nosedive to eternity.
ok, injured badly doesn't really have any bearing on anything, apostles dont' die without damage to their head or neck, they just don't, that's the way berserk has always worked. However, as i mentioned earlier, i did not realize she plumetted towards the end there, but did upon reexamination of the manga. That was a pretty blatantly implied death and it makes sense for her to have crushed her head on impact, i had already pretty much backed down on that one, so let's just let that drop.

as for the others, they may not come in and be important characters, but i can forsee something along the lines of, perhaps short sidestories involving them, considering that griffith's rebirth and building of a kingdom will have a huge affect on the whole berserk world, and undoubtedly them as well, referencing to any of those characters during this time, be it 2 frames or 2 volumes, can't be entirely ruled out. Especially in the case of rickert and erica. I would actually be surprised if rickert didn't come again somewhere. I mean doesn't being the only living hawk besides grif, gatts and caska give his character just a bit of importance? i would think so.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Roshinu was dead because of the wound that she received not because "she fell on her head". In fact I think that she did manage to land softly and died in peace soon afterwards.i
There is nowhere in berserk where it says that apostles can be killed only with a blow at the neck or head. They are not vampires thatcan be killed only targeting some part of their bodies.

In fact I think that she did manage to land softly and died in peace soon afterwards.i
There is nowhere in berserk where it says that apostles can be killed only with a blow at the neck or head. They are not vampires thatcan be killed only targeting some part of their bodies.

ahhh.... snail count? serpent king? guy that the snail count possessed? pick ur apostle...

gatts to jill: "When you cut through their neck... they die. And then... this sword stops their soul"

guy count possessed to gatts: "It's no use, no matter how many times you chop me, you can't kill me. As long as my head is safe, I can keep regenerating. Infinitely!"

Yeah fine, roshinu is dead, but from the impact, not from the wounds, she had a missing arm and a sliced abdomen. These wounds make her weak and were the cause of her nosedive, but not the direct cause of death.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
roberto999 said:

I agree. If they only die with with a head injury that would make it like a highlander movie.

ah... i'm gonna venture to say my quotes from the manga hold a tad more validity that your countering "that would make it look like a highlander movie". I'm still not backin' down on this one.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
I was joking... I can't decide which side i'm on when it comes to the whole head and neck injuries kill apostle I think it's kind of due to an extreme amount of blood loss. But you are right when you say that they die from head/neck injuries. The Snake Baron had his head chopped off. The Slug Count had his head cut off. Roshinu landed on her head. But then again, wild wasn't decapitated or anything like that. (but I could be wrong I haven't read volume 11 in a long time.)

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
wyald had his body broken in two by zodd the snail count and the guy he infected this last one being actually a part of the count had a imortal body no bones no flesh just whatever snails are made off hence no blood to lose no bones to break no veins to cut and more important no heart to stop, being his head the only part to be targeted if gutts slashed roshinu in two she would have died, apostle are not zombies that u can take out whit a head shot in that case a arrow to the head would kill then they are just hardmotherfuckers to kill

O

Ozmo

Now this hasn't been said anywhere, but from what I've gathered the Apostoles are living creatures with bodies that work on the same rules as ours, except for the chaging forms thing. Destruction of vital organs and the like cause death, but they are extremely hardy and some major organs may be found several times (like the slug-count-dude probably had a heart for his obscenely huge body and a smaller one in his "torso" that kept him alive after being cut in half). Most of the apostoles we've seen are errr... functionable organisms as they are, even though such a creature would never be naturally born.

apostles might work on similar principles, but there are definite differences. the simple physical ability to trasnfor into something of a much greater size is a defiance of physics. but i think it's reasonable to say they at least have a digestive system, since they certainly have intestines :p. anyway, i still make the points of those two quotes and the point that no apostle i can think of has died w/out head or neck damage. Yes the finishing move on wyald was a bust-in-two by zodd, but he was already dying from the neck-wound by gatts. That's why he tried to get griffith to speed up the I'll back down on saying it's absolutely right, but it's still a reasonable theory, unless i'm still missing something. Though there's still the fact that most apostles can regenerate. I think they could regenerate from any wound that wasn't to head or neck, if given enough time.

Top Bottom