Griffith's Childhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
As you know, Griffith is extremly intelligent and also the most determine characters in Berserk. Good leadership skills and uncomparable drive to reach his goals. But he is also an harsh and cold hearted guy with lack of empathy. Sometimes, I wonder if he is even human. Griffith is an unusual character. I wonder what makes makes him tick. I try to get into his mind and play psycho-analsye. They said that the "experience of the first three years of a child's life is critical to a child's behaviour, intelligence and emotional heath."

source: http://www.aboutourkids.org/articles/2000baby.html

From what I know, Grittith came from a regular villiage with low-class people. He isn't born with noble blood or anything fancy. I wonder what kind of childhood Griffith experience. I believe Grittith was underprelivige. That must have stimulate into someone who wants to get what he wants. Also, Grittith must have a good education as he was growing up. Probably could have gone to Harvard if he live in the modern age. Some may disagree with me but one of the things I find strange about Grittith is he doesn't seem to care for anybody. Or atleast show any sign of caring towards a comrade. Sure, he once save Guts life but it was because he is a valuable asset to his cause. Did he have good parents or live a defuntional life-style like Guts. Did Grittith have a family that love him and care for him or a family that probably don't give a damn?

Well, perhaps in the future, Kentario Muira might do a chapter about Grittith earler life. It might reveal some inportant character points about Grittith and how he become what he is. There is also the question about this old lady who give him the behelit. I wonder if its inportant to the story if Kentario should include a chapter that explain who she is or any key characters that is relevent in the development of Grittith personality...Was Grittith destine to get the behilit or was it just luck that he got it from a some regular stranger. i'm just speculating but I believe it was plan that Grittith was to be givien the behilit. After all, before the sacriface near the end of the Berserk anime series, what was the chance of Grittith crash landing in a lake with the behelit presence. It can't be concidental that it so happen to be there. I don't think he was wearing that at the time. Grittith became a powerful god hand but other people who used the behelit, they just become a minor apostle. Anyways, thats just my 2 cent about Grittith.

phant112

I'm a llama!
Well as for the past of Griffith and his determination I cant really tell you... but as for him getting the behelit, that was all destiny, from the moment he got it, to the moment he finds it in the water, was all destiny... Near the end of the anime, or in the manga, cant remember which exactly they say that the behelit will make its way back to its owner no matter what the odds, and thats how Griffith finds it in thw water... it made its way back to its owner...

As for Griffith turning into a Gods Hand and not an apostle is because the type of behelit Griffith has is different then the ones the apostles had when they wished to be turned into an apostle (hopefully that makes sense).

hopefully that cleared some stuff up... and hopefully i didnt screw anything up.

Chinmi

Please excuse my ignorance. I yet to get read the whole manga nor have I played the game. ???

Chinmi

phant112 said:
I didnt mean it like you were ignorant.. i was just answering your questions and whatnot...

No, its all cool. I mean its bad on my part being a serious fan of Berserk. I don't have any ill-grience with you in anyway. Thanks for the info by the way.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Griffith doesn't care about anyone? He definately cared about Guts. That's the major thread of the story that caused EVERYTHING to happen. When Guts left Griffith was confused because Guts meant so much to him. Don't tell me you haven't figured this out yet? It's pretty obivous. That's also the meaning of when Griffith tells Guts that he is "free" from him on the hill of swords. He has no more emotional attachment and can continue on the path to his destiny.

Chinmi

Grittith care for Guts as much as a man would care for a useful tool. Guts is a valuable asset to his army. The fact Grittith doesn't own Guts must have upset him. When Guts beat his ass that time in order to leave, that probably destory Grittith ego. For a guy who never lost, it must been devestating.

At the hills of the swords, Grittith is saying to Guts that he is no longer a tool that is useful to him. Bascially, hes telling him that hes obsolute.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chinmi said:
Grittith care for Guts as much as a man would care for a useful tool.
Wow.

At the hills of the swords, Grittith is saying to Guts that he is no longer a tool that is useful to him. Bascially, hes telling him that hes obsolute.
You totally missed the whole point of the Hill of Swords...

Griffith's exact words:
"I came here to check... to stand before you in my new body... to see if my heart would waver upon seeing you... But it seems... I am now Free. "

Whats he talking about?! Griffith never cared about his Guts Shovel/Forklift/Hammer!

Seriously though, do you need any more proof? I can start quoting volumes 10 and 12-13 if you want.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Chinmi said:
Grittith care for Guts as much as a man would care for a useful tool. Guts is a valuable asset to his army. The fact Grittith doesn't own Guts must have upset him. When Guts beat his ass that time in order to leave, that probably destory Grittith ego. For a guy who never lost, it must been devestating.

Do you...know how to interpret simple messages and plot threads? I mean, the fact that Griffith was emotionally attached to Guts practically kicks you in the balls. It's the whole POINT of the Golden age arc. -_-'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom