Grunbeld Apostle, full colour.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Talked about it, and thanks to Ouji, I got a decent scan. So, erm, here it is. It's a damn big file, so I've made a thumbnail. Click that to get the full image!

Well... I like it. Anyone else?

M

medievald00d

green...now there's an interesting shade i never imagined. Very nice, especially with the shading.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Beautifully done artwork...those crystals shading is absolutely amazing. AOW is probably going to come out with either a Grunbeld human form or apostle form...they should use this as color ideas.

LG

Uriel

Lady Griffith said:
AOW is probably going to come out with either a Grunbeld human form or apostle form...they should use this as color ideas.​
Think I should e-mail them as an insentive? ;)

O

Ozmo

The top one is very skilled work and all, but the colors seem wrong to me somehow. I know it's the correct color for the mineral etc, but I think it looks weird. Of course I have a habit of referring to my eyes as the Cursed Visual Sensory Organs of Misperception -7, so it might just be me. :)

The lower one looks a bit more like I imagined it. Let's just hope Miura includes at least a single colored picture of apostole Grunbeld in volume 27. :)

Uriel

Listen people, I used the colours that I thought looked preferable. Reds and the like did not do this piece justice. Of course, it's a fair bet I got the colours wrong, hell, we all thought Shrieke had brown hair once upon a time! I just used contrasting colours that worked and would pull of the right effect. Having a one-tone creature would look shite anyway. If you dislike my choice of colours, then create something of your own and I'll be the judge of whether you were right or not.

I e-mailed Art of War today too. It's unlikely they'll get back to me, but the Japanese seem to love the English, which might increase my luck! Kind of hard filling out an e-mail form to Japanese too... :-\

End Note: Lady Griffith, what are the chances they'll release Grunbeld?

O

Ozmo

My point wasn't to be critical or anything, I figured all the smilies would tell you that much. I was assuming you'd want some comments on this piece of work by posting it here, but that of course might be Cursed Organ of Thinking -7 acting up again. :)

Uriel said:
Listen people, I used the colours that I thought looked preferable. Reds and the like did not do this piece justice. Of course, it's a fair bet I got the colours wrong, hell, we all thought Shrieke had brown hair once upon a time! I just used contrasting colours that worked and would pull of the right effect. Having a one-tone creature would look shite anyway. If you dislike my choice of colours, then create something of your own and I'll be the judge of whether you were right or not.

I e-mailed Art of War today too. It's unlikely they'll get back to me, but the Japanese seem to love the English, which might increase my luck! Kind of hard filling out an e-mail form to Japanese too... :-\

End Note: Lady Griffith, what are the chances they'll release Grunbeld?

I was thinking that he needs another color besides red, possibly gold?

i can't take credit for coloring this, just took adamh411's and messed with the color. just wanted to show how i visualized Grunbeld's form initially.

it's geoshitty so copy and paste the url, i don't know how to fix the link so it works, nor do i know how to show the image on the bbs like everyone else did on this thread.

edit: links removed upon Uriel's request.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So... some people thought he should be green (me), some thought he should be amethyst (Uriel), some red (adam) and some blue? I'd think there would be a majority on at least ONE color. Guess not.

Top Bottom