I MADE THE DRAGON SLAYER

SSGWNBTD

A friend, in my mind, is someone who equals me.
SWORD6.JPG

SWORD1.JPG

SWORD2.JPG

-Apock-

There is more to "IT" than meets the eye!
WOW....!!!
My hate goes off to you....that is very impressive.

How much does it weigh?

-Apock-

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
It could be made of "plastazote" a foam used for shoes... It is compact enough and has good properties when striking at people with it... We use it to make foam weapons for our "full scale" roleplaying games... ("Les GNs", just imagine about an hundred people all in medieval costume fighting and negociating in a forest during a week-end...)

O

Ozmo

Looks cool and I'm sure you checked these things a hundred times, but don't you think it's a bit too big? Last time I checked the blade part was still shorter than Guts, but that's... oh right, you're probably shorter than Guts. ;D

Just for comparison's sake, how tall are you?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Dude, I saw you at Otakon! I was going to ask for a photo... but I didn't like the fact you painted it black, sorry :p

SSGWNBTD

It's made out of 10 Plexiglass sections caulked together and one PVC pipe running down the center. It's about 20 lbs and 7' 10" long (2" shy of being a weapon in Baltimore). Don't worry, I'll be spray painting the edges a lighter metalic color and adding on the bottom of the hilt soon.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
SSGWNBTD said:
It's made out of 10 Plexiglass sections caulked together and one PVC pipe running down the center. It's about 20 lbs and 7' 10" long (2" shy of being a weapon in Baltimore). Don't worry, I'll be spray painting the edges a lighter metalic color and adding on the bottom of the hilt soon.
Amazeing... you actualy made it too big... :eek:

SSGWNBTD

Majin Tenshi said:
Amazeing... you actualy made it too big... :eek:

Depends on what page you're looking at. In some the sword is 8 feet long (when Guts first holds it over his head); in others 5 1/2 feet (on Guts' back).

SSGWNBTD said:
Depends on what page you're looking at. In some the sword is 8 feet long (when Guts first holds it over his head); in others 5 1/2 feet (on Guts' back).

the width is definitely too wide, your look like 2 ft wide :eek:

DS standard height should be 7 ft long

O

Ozmo

A person around 6 feet tall would have great difficulty with a 7 feet tall sword on his back as it'd keep dragging the ground.

Are we told the "official" lenght anywhere, or must we to keep guessing? :)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Eh, why nitpick? He got it pretty close and it looks really cool. DS requirements fulfilled. ;)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
puella said:
Because they can't make such a thing. ;D
you just wait till I win the lottery, I'll submit volume 1 to swords.com and say "make me that! Full size too (unlike the buster sword) I don't care if I can't lift it!" ::)

M

medievald00d

spike...from...cowboy bebop... ::) even i know, and im not a big anime guy...

Eh, give him some credit. He already had the spike costume, but found out he was going on short notice, and didn't have a chance to do anything about his hair. I had an eye that opened in my stomach when i raised my arms, haha. And my gun was made of carboard, but extremely accurate to the anime. And i could cock it and it had a clip :p
http://buttonmashers.tripod.com/casull.html

modify: cosplays aren't supposed to be good? i've seen some pretty good ones. *shrug*

Top Bottom