228 Speculation

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:Chapter 228

There is a 3 week waiting period as opposed to the normal 2 week waiting period. Read the posts more carefully next time.

exactly what is corundum made from anyway. I know its the second hardest material, but i'm not sure if it is an element with very high density like the diamond is or what.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Episode 228

namayias said:
exactly what is corundum made from anyway. I know its the second hardest material, but i'm not sure if it is an element with very high density like the diamond is or what.​
Here's a tip: Read the 227 thread and find out ;)

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

Corundum is a cristalin aluminium oxid (Al2O3)... Saphir and ruby are colored version of the corundum due to metalic impurities... (Titanium for saphir and Chromium for ruby)...

Here is a link for the explanation on its hardness...

http://membres.lycos.fr/gemme1/ANGLAIS/GBdurete.htm

thank you. I didn't remember anyone stating corundum's composition in the 227 thread only that it had varying colors and extreme hardness.

hmm, now i see why miura chose corundum rather than diamond for Grunbeld's apostle form. Diamond is 140,000 hardness compared to 1000 hardness of corondum. A dramatic difference since guts would need to pierce through it to kill grunbeld.

It looks like parts of Grunbeld aren't covered by the crystals, parts of his arms, etc. I think the best place to aim for is the inside of his mouth. Right up into that brain.

Angrim

I'm a NEWBIE!

guts is goin to poke grun eyes out and then he will own him not a chance he stands specially with the aremr ^O.O^

Adamh411 said:
It looks like parts of Grunbeld aren't covered by the crystals, parts of his arms, etc. I think the best place to aim for is the inside of his mouth. Right up into that brain.

I once thought of that also, the other possible way is to jump up to the top of the head and blow his cannon right at "Grunbeld face" (Not too plausible :p)

Garouken

I'm a llama!

Hmm, I remember in 8th grade science class(a while ago) we experimented with hardness and such. The basic lesson for one of the day's playing around with rocks and such, it that nothing is invincible.

Even hitting a diamond with a slab of iron(!) hard enough could crush it, and since Grunbeld's armor isn't diamond, and since Guts is strong as all hell... well, he might have some trouble with this, heh.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Garouken said:
Hmm, I remember in 8th grade science class(a while ago) we experimented with hardness and such. The basic lesson for one of the day's playing around with rocks and such, it that nothing is invincible.

Even hitting a diamond with a slab of iron(!) hard enough could crush it, and since Grunbeld's armor isn't diamond, and since Guts is strong as all hell... well, he might have some trouble with this, heh.
yea... didn't we establish a difference between hardness and toughness?

Hardness is just how hard something is to scratch/cut/ect.
Toughness is the issue of smashing things. Corundum is a lot tougher then diamond, or so someone said.

GoHF

I'm a llama!

I think guts will probably do the typical "limb severing" he's got us used to. One arm or one leg, that tail too probably. Then a cannon shot in the face followed by a final slash on the neck.

Angrim

I'm a NEWBIE!

I would stick to the idea were he jumps up and he shoots the second (human) face of grun and then just slashes the sh!t out of it

Angrim

I'm a NEWBIE!

hey majin put the mp3 link for i could d.l some song ^^.....

Oh yea those guts eat the behelits like skully ??

rember DS is a sword to kill Dragons and Grun
is DRAGON ^^

Majin_Tenshi

Angrim said:
with his hand canon
you sad confused little boy.
Angrim said:
hey majin put the mp3 link for i could d.l some song ^^.....
Oh yea those guts eat the behelits like skully ??
rember DS is a sword to kill Dragons and Grun
is DRAGON ^^
just because I said I know a link, doesn't mean I'm telling anyone.

Why would Guts eat Behis?

It is nice that the DS will finaly live up to its name.

oh, and Angrim, guess which one you are: My golem, or the domo-kun

Angrim

I'm a NEWBIE!

ahhh soo bad this guy told me he eats behelits man!!! wrong info i was just trying to see if it is true >< ty for the information come on put the site up?>< majin

Majin_Tenshi

Angrim said:
ahhh soo bad this guy told me he eats behelits man!!! wrong info i was just trying to see if it is true >< ty for the information come on put the site up?>< majin
you have repeatedly proved to be an idiot. Because of that, I'm inclined to hate you. Why should I tell you where this site is?

i am so going with the narrator saying GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

hmm, didn't walter say something about shutting up about the FX sounds. DAMN I guess i am more annoying when drinking too much after the BUCS win ;D

Top Bottom