228 Speculation

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Re:Chapter 228

By "shut up about the sound effects", I'm sure he meant "shut up about the sound effects *if you don't know what the hell you're talking about*". ^_^

Here's an interesting fact that makes Japanese sound effects make (only a very slight bit) more sense. The sounds are often not meant to be voiced. If you go ahead and shape your mouth like you would when saying "goooo", but do it in a whisper, that's the sound effect Miura was going for.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

And with that startling revelation, can we please drop the soundFX discussion?!

O

Ozmo

I kinda prefer the sound effect discussion to no discussion at all. Besides, it's the longest discussion/joke thing I've had some role in creating for ages. 8)

wow 3 pages of discussion based off one pic. And most of it on sound FX. I understand the katakana isn't supposed to quite literally sound the way it would if spoken. my earlier comment was more sarcasm and making fun of previous posts.

Garouken

I'm a llama!

Majin Tenshi said:
yea... didn't we establish a difference between hardness and toughness?

Hardness is just how hard something is to scratch/cut/ect.
Toughness is the issue of smashing things. Corundum is a lot tougher then diamond, or so someone said.

I'm fairly certain that rocks dont differentiate in toughness and such. At a molecular level, scratching something and crushing something are exactly the same, it's just to various degrees.

Either way, I think Gutts wont be able to cut Grun's armor. He'll have to find a weakspot or something like he did with Mozgus.

M

medievald00d

Garouken said:
I'm fairly certain that rocks dont differentiate in toughness and such. At a molecular level, scratching something and crushing something are exactly the same, it's just to various degrees.

Either way, I think Gutts wont be able to cut Grun's armor. He'll have to find a weakspot or something like he did with Mozgus.

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt psycho beserk beast guts shove his dragon slayer straight down grundbelds face?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

I call the human face the apostle's true head, but yea, Grunbeld got something of a crack on him.

Really though, I don't expect to see much harder hits from Guts, maybe better placed, but not harder.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

Majin Tenshi said:
Really though, I don't expect to see much harder hits from Guts, maybe better placed, but not harder.

I agree with Majin, when you become berserk, you don't control the strength of your strike, you just swing the sword as hard as you can and as many times as you can... No real sword play, just brute force 'cause you don't have enough conscious thinking to make a strategy...

Aquedesin said:
when you become berserk, you don't control the strength of your strike, you just swing the sword as hard as you can and as many times as you can...

And that what make Guts the unstoppable, Guts will keep on striking Grunbeld again and again until either the monster is death or the Guts himself bled to death...

But somehow i think there is no way to crack a corundum like this, unless DS is so sharp and so tough, (combine with sudden superpower strength) then only it *might* cause the crack, yet the force required for such an effect would certainly break DS at the same time...

Garouken said:

At a molecular level scratching and crushing is something totally different. When you make a technical affermation please get to know what you are talking about.

Aquedesin said:
I agree with Majin, when you become berserk, you don't control the strength of your strike, you just swing the sword as hard as you can and as many times as you can... No real sword play, just brute force 'cause you don't have enough conscious thinking to make a strategy...

Then what about Gut's using his canon arm in time to over-blast Grundbeld's canon shield.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

An ise zumi in battle frenzy is not going to make false move to deviate strike but will surely use it's firebreath...

It's the same kind of things, he will use whatever he as to strike, but will only do that, striking, striking and keep on striking...

That he will strike this is for sure. That's what he stands for over there. But you said that he can have no strategy, propably meaning that he can't improvise if needed to but will act like a programmed robot.
What I say is that Gut's has gained enough experience to have the instinct to deal with monsters like this one. If Grunbeld has a weak spot that has to be striken to hurt him, and Guts sees this he will concentrate over there with no second thought.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

Well, I wasn't speaking of fighting like a robot but like a rabid dog... And that true that a rabid dog will try to get to your throat because it's the quickest way to kill you...

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...

You really want an answer? Because we can always think up a god story to explain why we are flooding the thread speaking out of thin air...

Top Bottom