Author Topic: Episode 228  (Read 46224 times)

Offline krunkster

• Of the Interstice
  • mankowodaisuki
Re:Episode 228
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2003, 02:20:29 PM »
So how many bones are in the human body?
And how many does Guts have left to break?

Also:  I'm glad I'm not the only person with Griffith's young naked body etched in my memory.

Thanks S.
useless [guts Guts Guts Guts gahtsu gast Guts Guts goats gates gitesu]

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2003, 03:44:44 PM »
Awesome chapter.  The last page is a masterpiece.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Legato 2057

• Of the World
  • The Grey Wolf
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2003, 04:01:14 PM »
Am I the only one that the links don't work for?

In Periculis Audax

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2003, 04:02:13 PM »
Am I the only one that the links don't work for?
Yes. But just in case...
[/size]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2003, 04:20:48 PM by Walter »
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline deadfuse

« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2003, 04:06:26 PM »

One thing that caught my eye was the position of the Dragon Slayer in page 6. Did he stab it into the ground or something?

If you look closely, you can see the tip of the Dragon Slayer.  It is pointed almost directly at the reader.

So how many bones are in the human body?
And how many does Guts have left to break?

206. More than half of them are in the hands and feet, though. Use this interactive human skeleton to keep a tally.  :P

http://www.eskeletons.org/viewer/humanSelect.html
« Last Edit: September 16, 2003, 04:10:22 PM by deadfuse »

Offline Smith

« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2003, 04:11:30 PM »
Btw, what's the point if guts was brought back to his sense, that armor had already done a considerable amount of damage to his body... He shouldnt had wear it in the first place  :(

I was wondering y did Flora let Guts wear that armor even though she knew it is so dangerous, izzit becz that armor can heal Slann's wound or...
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2003, 04:13:03 PM »
Those trading cards look amazing! Did Miura colour them himself?
Nope.

Offline deadfuse

« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2003, 04:19:29 PM »
Btw, what's the point if guts was brought back to his sense, that armor had already done a considerable amount of damage to his body... He shouldnt had wear it in the first place  :(

I was wondering y did Flora let Guts wear that armor even though she knew it is so dangerous, izzit becz that armor can heal Slann's wound or...

Because Guts has balls enough to handle it.  Plus, if she didn't, Grunbeld (or as I call him, Grunby) would be scraping Guts off the sole of his boot (no pun intended). :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2003, 04:20:07 PM by deadfuse »

Offline Darok

• Of the Interstice
  • Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2003, 04:41:57 PM »
I REALLY liked Page 10.  I want an avatar of Puck,  in that dejected state on page 7.  Translations?  

Truthfully,  how WILL Guts survive this damage?  Maybe he will die,  but  just take another step closer toward Idea/the Abyss?  I don't much care for that idea though.  Doesn't fit in very well with the mechanics of Puckville that we've observed.
"You dance up to the edge. I doubt that a demon would even be so human. Beware what you may discover, and be warned that discovering you aren't really one of us may come after you have done something that can't be taken back. Continue dancing but beware of where it may lead you. Remember, an angel is no more human than a demon."  - Annah Hutchings god of artists

Offline deadfuse

« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2003, 05:08:56 PM »
Damn I'm posting a lot today.  Anyway...

Well, maybe Guts will become something similar to whatever the Skull Night is.  After all, the armor at first was skull-shaped, we know the last person to wear the armor died and his sword looked like Skully's, Zodd recognized it and asked Skully if it brought back memories, and he also asked whether Skully intends for Guts to follow the same path.

I doubt that will happen to Guts though, since the whole point of the story is a single human daring to defy Fate and the gods that rule it.  He will pull through, somehow. Doesn't he always?

Offline Majin Tenshi

• McCoy Golem!
  • Of the Abyss
  • The can opener went bye-bye...
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2003, 05:09:50 PM »
(I'm gonna try to improve the contrast on these so it looks inked rather then penciled.)
 which looks better?  

official
Saiyajin's original "pencil sketch" or
Dead link  (no, "the drill" won't work)

I figured I'd see if i could improve the quality of Saiyajin's scans a little.  
Tell me what ya think.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 04:56:11 PM by Majin Tenshi »
Ok, so I leave and come back....

psymont

« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2003, 05:11:08 PM »
im just glad that some apostles have noticed the rest of the gang .... finally serpico steps up to bat!

how long has the armor portion of the fight lasted? 1min and 30secs(give or take 10secs for dramatic posing) ....

Offline Aquedesin

• Of the Interstice
  • See you soon my dear...
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2003, 06:09:17 PM »
Tell me what ya think.  

The last one really look nice... Some people may argue that the first one is a little better, but they don't have the whole page so why bother? Well, in conclusion what you did is really improving the picture...

Thou art nothing against the might of the Bloody McCoy!

Offline CdT

« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2003, 07:45:24 PM »
I'll join the Holy Chorus of Thankin' Guys  ;D ;)

Thanx SaiyajinNoOuji !!

Oh, those spikes in Guts' bones... ouch!

Offline Swordsman in Sable

• Of the Interstice
  • Der.
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2003, 09:51:43 PM »
If Guts survives this Schierke's likely going to have a talk with him after about what she saw in there...wonder if she saw more than just images, but heard sounds as well?

This stuff just keeps on getting better and better. ;D The situation is so intense!
Like a pimp on a bicycle, so are the days of our lives.

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2003, 10:03:48 PM »
I thought about that as well, with the reference to Schierke seeing those images in Guts head about the eclipse and the old Band of the Hawk. She is the first person in his new group that really understands him other then Puck.

Do you think that will help there group if they all knew what he had been through?
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"

Offline SexyCharlotte

• Prostitute of Intestines
  • Of the Vortex
  • All those who wander are not always lost
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2003, 10:45:06 PM »
It would definitely solidify their cause against what Guts is up against, and knowing the tragedies he encountered during the eclipse ( Femto, Casca, the Hawks being sacrificed) can only help them see his need to defeat Griffith.

When it comes to magic, the natural world of common sense is set aside and magic takes over. And at the end of things, as I'm hoping with this whole Berserk story, magic will make things right again :)

LG
"The heart has its reasons whereof reason knows nothing...." Pascale

PsychoJavexx

« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2003, 11:11:39 PM »
I like the "inked" one.  Maybe Guts will die, but since all the "worlds/dimensions" are merging, he'll just come back as something with fewer weaknesses?

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex

Offline Majin Tenshi

• McCoy Golem!
  • Of the Abyss
  • The can opener went bye-bye...
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2003, 02:03:15 AM »
Well, people seem to like the version with more contrast and less gamma.

http://skullknight.net/majin/c228/01.jpg *dead link*

By the time anyone reads this, "the drill" should work or maybe not.  Either way...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 04:57:10 PM by Majin Tenshi »
Ok, so I leave and come back....

Offline krebs4life

« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2003, 02:33:17 AM »
first post in a while....

so the talisman flora put on the armor, isnt to protect guts physically or to protect guts from 'demons', its to protect guts from himself

the armor seems to amplify all of wearer's intense emotions, (in guts' case) rage misery lonliness.

flora's talisman shelters the 'human' part of guts so that his rage doesnt consume him.
when schierke is in guts' mind, she sees all of his rage, and lonliness. but past the talisman is guts, sane, and that is all thats there.

his eye isnt normal because it is an idealistic representation of himself, but that should go without saying.

its amazing that all that can be considered sane thats left inside guts is so small.  hes always only a few steps away from total consumption.
the only thing that is going to make guts happy, or less enraged, is if he loses everything, and has to rebuild himself
just cause you're buff, don't play tough, cause i'll reverse the Earth and turn your flesh back to dust.

medievald00d

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2003, 02:56:50 AM »
First post in a while for me too

First I would like to thank all the members of SK.net for translating, scanning, and talking about these chapters. I would like to especially thank SaiyajinNoOuji, Graywords, puella, and Walter.

the only thing that is going to make guts happy, or less enraged, is if he loses everything, and has to rebuild himself
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldnt Guts just build more rage upon which he already has?

Question: How will they take off the armour without further damaging Guts' body? After all, the spikes that hold his bones together are attached to the armour itself right? When his breastplate comes off, wont his ribs come off too?

Offline trapped_soul

• Griffith fanboy
  • Of the Vortex
  • "This is it. It's over."
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2003, 03:04:53 AM »
You lose.
alright! i must've looked over it. however, thanks.

-TS

Offline secilj

• Of the Interstice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2003, 04:03:27 AM »
Thanks a lot, SaiyajinNoOuji. ;)

BTW, can anyone guess what the scene or the image which is illuminated in the Pack's eye is? I'm quite curious about it.  :o

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2003, 04:05:15 AM »
Im pretty sure it's a some apostile's teeth.
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"