Author Topic: Episode 228  (Read 50619 times)

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
Re:Episode 228
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2003, 05:25:32 PM »
I mean dun start a new thread with my post, which mean whatever speculation of 229 would still remain here
Again, _why_ did you post that in this topic?

Offline asmer

« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2003, 06:39:21 PM »
Posted by: Smith  Posted on: Today at 07:08:02am
Secondly, I m rather surprise that Isidro use that Morgan sword, i wonder if that weapon also contain magical power...

I think he uses it because the sword is smaller than his previous one, and thus he can do his "double hit", like he did with the troll wearing the skull necklace.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2003, 09:30:07 PM »
I’m only going to comment on things related to Isidro’s sword, because I think it’s the most hilariously tepid discussion I’ve seen in a while.

Secondly, I m rather surprise that Isidro use that Morgan sword, i wonder if that weapon also contain magical power...  ::)

Yeah, considering he's already used it once before, you'd think he'd throw it away after that, wasn't it disposable like a one-time razor? I myself am surprised to see Guts still using the Dragon Slayer, he should buy a new sword to match his armor at the item shop. I think one with a big Beast eye and maybe teeth going down each side would be pretty slick; like a racing stripe.

I don't think so. That's a gift, he uses it cause it has a meaning in itself : running away for bravery or fear of the world. Morgan gave him the sword cause he wanted Isidro to accomplish a "child dream" such he couldn't. Simply he believes in Isidro, and Isidro wanna make his prooves to become "the greatest knight of the universe".^^
Guil

Or… it’s just the perfect size and weight for him; utilitarian value? :)

Anyway, it's only the second one and I already feel the preview sucks; I'm really glad to know, FOR SURE, that Serpico and Isidro will be in the next chapter. Whew, I was really worring about that and the preview set my mind at ease. Really, could they have picked something lamer?

Bitch, bitch, bitch! ;)

-Griffith, the real "McCoy."

medievald00d

« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2003, 11:15:20 PM »
Anyway, it's only the second one and I already feel the preview sucks; I'm really glad to know, FOR SURE, that Serpico and Isidro will be in the next chapter. Whew, I was really worring about that and the preview set my mind at ease. Really, could they have picked something lamer?

As for this series (battle at flora's mansion), Does anyone think Griffith will at least show up? He doesnt seem to be one who skimps on important battles...

Offline Kuja

« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2003, 12:56:00 AM »
As for this series (battle at flora's mansion), Does anyone think Griffith will at least show up? He doesnt seem to be one who skimps on important battles...
well I think sending two of his best warriors(Grunbeld and Zodd) to kill an old witch should be sufficient in his opinion, and he's probably got more important battles to prepare

Offline Smith

« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2003, 02:39:49 AM »
Again, _why_ did you post that in this topic?

Simple becz it is not worthly enough to start a new thread, for preview like this kind (Griffith mention that it sucks!), dont u think i will be flamed by the others?  

Nah... he will be busy conquering midland, no time to be a spectator of this show  ;),
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2003, 02:44:24 AM »
Simple becz it is not worthly enough to start a new thread, for preview like this kind
It's still our first peak at episode 229.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2003, 05:28:39 AM »
Well, when I said it sucked it's because I felt it defeated the purpose of a preview (Serpico's in the next chaprter, HOLY SHIT!), but it's still the first bit of info on the next chapter. Go ahead and give it it's own thread next time.

-Griffith

P.S. But seriously, a panel of just about anything else would have made a better preview. :)

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2003, 11:39:34 AM »
Well, when I said it sucked it's because I felt it defeated the purpose of a preview (Serpico's in the next chaprter, HOLY SHIT!), but it's still the first bit of info on the next chapter. Go ahead and give it it's own thread next time.

-Griffith

P.S. But seriously, a panel of just about anything else would have made a better preview. :)

Last preview showed Grunbeld and Guts together alone yet 228 wasn't mostly about that. But 227 did involve and near-end like that. 228 ends with Serpico and Isidro preparing for the battle so the review just focuses there. This review just shows that next chapter will still develop on this scene of this current battle and Miura won't travel his show to another place and time (eg some old story about the beast). I hope 229 focuses on the confrontation between Schierke and Guts Beast a way that explains the mechanics of this beast creature.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2003, 11:42:01 AM by xechnao »
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline Tazinaffo

« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2003, 02:03:15 PM »
Everybody is talking about Isildro and Serpico in the next chapter because the preview. However, I have a doubt about the end of chapter 228.

Schierke met something like a spirit. I´m not sure about who are this spirit. Schierke had thought that was Flora, but I think that it could be Guts. What do you think?

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2003, 02:28:23 PM »
Schierke had thought that was Flora
Nope.
but I think that it could be Guts.
That's kinda obvious, really... ^^;

Offline Tazinaffo

« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2003, 04:37:55 PM »
Nope

Olivier

In your first resume you had said the pentacle/magical circle was created by Flora. When Schierke is falling down in the darkness, the pentacle appear and she calls for "the master/teacher (according with the translation). So, couldn´t the spirit be Flora too?

medievald00d

« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2003, 05:58:57 PM »
first off, its pentagram, not pentacle/tentacle

Now, the figure/spirit's head looked a bit like guts...now, i see absolutely no resemblence to Flora. I believe Schierke was referring to the pentagram when she said Thats...Masters...

Correct me/ hague me if im wrong.

Offline Sancho Panza

« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2003, 06:38:25 PM »
Tazinaffo, don't question with The Hague, in this forum there's that rule: Olivier Hague is NEVER wrong.
So, you should only say: Oh, shit! I've been hagued... :-\
 ;D
And this spirit, sorry but I really don't see how it could be anyone but Guts ;)

Offline Majin Tenshi

• McCoy Golem!
  • Of the Abyss
  • The can opener went bye-bye...
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2003, 06:52:06 PM »
Really, the thing about it blatently haveing only 1 eye pretty much makes it a safe bet.
Ok, so I leave and come back....

Offline kimchan

• Berserk Lovin' Gal
  • Of the Vortex
  • "Should I be overcome by the vapors?
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2003, 06:54:23 PM »
first off, its pentagram, not pentacle/tentacle

In keeping with griping over pointless details, pentacle is acceptable too, but the star in that talisman is a Star of David, note six points rather than 5.
Puck: He's my villa, Isidro.  And *he's* my main house, Guts.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2003, 08:16:53 PM »
A second special preview has gone up at Berserk Corner. This one is actually pretty good, it even reveals a little more about the shadow Schierke encounters in Guts' mind/soul.

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/04v20.html

Miura's done it again.

-Griffith

medievald00d

« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2003, 08:19:01 PM »
lol, your photoshoping abilities never cease to amaze me...

I suppose its final, Guts is actually a troll!!!! ::)

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2003, 08:49:25 PM »
I believe Schierke was referring to the pentagram when she said Thats...Masters...
Precisely.

Offline Smith

« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2003, 02:09:20 AM »
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/04v20.html

WTF? Guts had turn into troll?!!  :o

And Schierke reaction would be:
Pg1 Sch: !
pg2 Sch: !
pg3 Sch: !
pg4 Sch: !
pg5 Sch: !
... ...

pg20 Sch: !!!!!!!!

It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline namayias

« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2003, 02:50:59 AM »
my god i'm still crying from laughing too hard.  Great picture. HAHA.

but onto other things. Maybe this chapter will delve into serpico's and Isidro's powers a bit. Like discovering new abilities using the elements. I think it would be interesting to see what other abilities these 2 can control with their weapons.  Also, it seems grunbeld and Guts are not fighting much anymore. will Guts begin an attack again while schierke is confronting his mind/spirit. What problems could arise if she does pull him out of his beast mode in the middle of the fight?

Offline Majin Tenshi

• McCoy Golem!
  • Of the Abyss
  • The can opener went bye-bye...
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2003, 03:05:14 AM »
pg20 Sch: !!!!!!!!
 thats not till next chapter... y'know, when the baby trolls come burstin out of Schirke's abdomen.  
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 07:00:51 PM by Majin Tenshi »
Ok, so I leave and come back....

Offline Tazinaffo

« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2003, 05:55:59 PM »
Tazinaffo, don't question with The Hague, in this forum there's that rule: Olivier Hague is NEVER wrong.
So, you should only say: Oh, shit! I've been hagued... :-\
 ;D
And this spirit, sorry but I really don't see how it could be anyone but Guts ;)

You´re right, Sancho! Now I see I was sleeping about that!  ;D
And Olivier and phoenixfenix, sorry for that! I didn´t want to be rude!

Thanks

Offline Wii wii wii

• Of the Nexus
  • Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2003, 07:51:41 PM »
me no stab someone down teh lane
My papa loves thee motherfucker

Offline pupo

« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2003, 04:27:43 PM »
I myself am surprised to see Guts still using the Dragon Slayer, he should buy a new sword to match his armor at the item shop. I think one with a big Beast eye and maybe teeth going down each side would be pretty slick; like a racing stripe.Or… it’s just the perfect size and weight for him; utilitarian value? :)

But the DS is just about to show some power... :)
I think he should´ve gotten that (Floras´) axe from the item shop...to keep as a secondary weapon. Probably we´ll never know what that weapon could do... :-[