Episode 228

Majin Tenshi said:
the armor makes him forget the pain, not the beast. He won't feel anything till the armor comes off.

I would venture that the way the armor makes him forget the pain is by awakening the beast entirely and giving it control. Of course, it provides additional support by reinforcing broken limbs and the like.

What I want to know is, since the armor is piercing Guts with metal spikes in order to keep him upright and going, how the hell is he going to survive its removal? He'll have more holes in him than a sieve.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
deadfuse said:
I would venture that the way the armor makes him forget the pain is by awakening the beast entirely and giving it control. Of course, it provides additional support by reinforcing broken limbs and the like.
It was explained that the armor's effect was it made the wearer unaware of pain and fear. (and apparently reinforces the body to back these up)

The beast goes: "Oh, I fight well under these conditions, let me take over"

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Hello my fellow compatriots, I have the YA but I have not had the time to scan all of them. I will have them up. The size will be bigger to help those that would like to trans them. I hope they are big enough for you.​
Take your time, dude ;D I can't wait to see them!

Thank you, Darok!

I have a doubt about the last posts. Someone had said that Guts couldn´t weird off the curse armor. In that case, how he´ll heal his wounds? Silke spoke to Isildro that the armor didn´t have the power to do it!

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Hello my fellow compatriots, I have the YA but I have not had the time to scan all of them. I will have them up. The size will be bigger to help those that would like to trans them. I hope they are big enough for you.

As Uriel said, take your time and don't worry: i would be sooo happy even if it will take me a whole day to download them.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. ;D

Ah, and welcome Tazinaffo.
Don't worry, your english is much better than mine

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
are there any pictures of those trading cards already?
is the release date known by now?

i am quite excited - can't wait to get my hands on them.

-TS

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
trapped_soul said:
are there any pictures of those trading cards already?
is the release date known by now?
I'm not telling. It's a secret. But here's a clue, read this thread.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Walter said:
I'm not telling. It's a secret. But here's a clue, read this thread.

er... yeah. i mentioned to do that before i was blessed with your wise advise. but what does the thread say concerning my question? nothing at all, that's why i'm asking.

-TS

magus1234

I'm a llama!
its probable that the little mage can use healing magic or else i dont see how gats can get away from thins one with out chillin for hella days

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
It seems Guts has complete control of the armor's jaws, since he bites and crashes a claw of that big crab apostle...
It answers to a discussion I've seen weeks ago.

Thanks SaiyaNoOuji :eek:

I think it's obvious that the entity encountered in the last page is Guts with a Beast's eye (considering the lack of a right eye). I'm wondering if Schierke has to activate/do something to the seal but is being confronted by that spirit?

And puck looks so crestfallen :-\

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wow awesome episode indeed, thx SaiyajinNoOuji, and the trading cards look great.

The look in Puck's eyes when he watches Guts mangling the apostles is quite bothersome, and Schierke not only sees the Hawks in Guts' mind but also Gambino.

Seems to me that the Beast is gonna reveal its true form next episode 8).

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
WTF, this episode is not getting far enough! Where in the world could we find enough patience to wait until 229?!? Where is the truth? What should we believe in?

ARGLLLLHHHH! (I'm dying since I've hung myself...)

Ps: HAIL TO SAYAJINNOOUJI!

*SPEECHLESS* :eek:

M i going to get a heart attack the next chapter, i dunno how long can i endure such shocking things again...

SAIYAJINNOUJI... U R THE MAN 8)

There is 3 comments i want to give:

Firstly, the fight is so awesome that i guess Zood and SK would even take a break to watch this Phenomena...

Secondly like i expected, Caska and Farnese are still not around...

Thirdly, i had to say I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!! :eek:

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Sancho Panza, all Guts has do to "bite" with the jaws is lower his chin. ::)
The upper jaw is part of the helm while the lower is part of the breastplate.

Thanks Saiyajin.

(I'm gonna try to improve the contrast on these so it looks inked rather then penciled.)

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
*Speechless too*

Incredible chapter. First of all, thanks SayanjiNoOuji for the amazing scan !

I can't wait to have the translation !! The next chapter will give us a few hint about the beast. So cool !!

The fight between Guts and the "little" apostles rocks a lot !!

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Well, if forgot to say something:

card.jpg

Come get some you freak!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Before I begin, I want to thank Ouji for being such a legend and getting us these scans. This forum would be lost without you :'(

That was such a melancholy episode... my heart sank once or twice during it. Especially when I saw Puck looking as dejected as he did... I can't remember a look of such concern being painted on his face before. He probably knows by now that nothing he can do would be able to heal Guts... at this moment in time, I honestly don't think anything can.. except for Elfhelm?

The battle with the Demon Soldiers was better than I could have hoped. Page 4 looked more like Guts style of killing. Huge swings of the Dragon Slayer... then pages 5 and 6 completely remove any hope of Gut's influence. One thing that caught my eye was the position of the Dragon Slayer in page 6. Did he stab it into the ground or something?

Another thing that puzzled me was the symbol on page 18. I, personally, think it is the talisman Flora put onto the Berserk Armour... so maybe that is the thing Shrieke needs to activate to bring Guts back. Which makes sense, because that figure appearing to be Guts stands in her way... only with the Beast's eye. I think it's quite possible the Beast of Darkness will have a nice little talk with Shrieke about how this is Guts' true desire and to stop it would do more harm than good and all that jazz.

Check page 10 out too. Sweet... sweet eye candy ;D I must do something with that!

Those trading cards look amazing! Did Miura colour them himself? Looks like I might be out of a job :p I will get my hands on a set of those as soon as I can!

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
On page 16, the center really look like an eye, as if it represent the last sight of guts right eye... As if he will never be able to forget since this eye will never be able to anything else... Kinda despressing...

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
fucking beautiful ep those pages of shierke going trough guts memories are pieces of art miura is the GOD of manga thank you very much saya

GoHF

I'm a llama!
On page 6, at the bottom, the dragon slayer is pointing at you, that is why it's hard to see it. Zoom in and you'll notice it.

Top Bottom