Episode 228

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
So how many bones are in the human body?
And how many does Guts have left to break?

Also: I'm glad I'm not the only person with Griffith's young naked body etched in my memory.

Thanks S.

Uriel said:
One thing that caught my eye was the position of the Dragon Slayer in page 6. Did he stab it into the ground or something?

If you look closely, you can see the tip of the Dragon Slayer. It is pointed almost directly at the reader.

krunkster said:
So how many bones are in the human body?
And how many does Guts have left to break?

206. More than half of them are in the hands and feet, though. Use this interactive human skeleton to keep a tally. :p

http://www.eskeletons.org/viewer/humanSelect.html

Btw, what's the point if guts was brought back to his sense, that armor had already done a considerable amount of damage to his body... He shouldnt had wear it in the first place :(

I was wondering y did Flora let Guts wear that armor even though she knew it is so dangerous, izzit becz that armor can heal Slann's wound or...

Smith said:
Btw, what's the point if guts was brought back to his sense, that armor had already done a considerable amount of damage to his body... He shouldnt had wear it in the first place :(

I was wondering y did Flora let Guts wear that armor even though she knew it is so dangerous, izzit becz that armor can heal Slann's wound or...

Because Guts has balls enough to handle it. Plus, if she didn't, Grunbeld (or as I call him, Grunby) would be scraping Guts off the sole of his boot (no pun intended). :p

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
I REALLY liked Page 10. I want an avatar of Puck, in that dejected state on page 7. Translations?

Truthfully, how WILL Guts survive this damage? Maybe he will die, but just take another step closer toward Idea/the Abyss? I don't much care for that idea though. Doesn't fit in very well with the mechanics of Puckville that we've observed.

Damn I'm posting a lot today. Anyway...

Well, maybe Guts will become something similar to whatever the Skull Night is. After all, the armor at first was skull-shaped, we know the last person to wear the armor died and his sword looked like Skully's, Zodd recognized it and asked Skully if it brought back memories, and he also asked whether Skully intends for Guts to follow the same path.

I doubt that will happen to Guts though, since the whole point of the story is a single human daring to defy Fate and the gods that rule it. He will pull through, somehow. Doesn't he always?

P

psymont

im just glad that some apostles have noticed the rest of the gang .... finally serpico steps up to bat!

how long has the armor portion of the fight lasted? 1min and 30secs(give or take 10secs for dramatic posing) ....

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Majin Tenshi said:
Tell me what ya think.

The last one really look nice... Some people may argue that the first one is a little better, but they don't have the whole page so why bother? Well, in conclusion what you did is really improving the picture...

If Guts survives this Shierke's likely going to have a talk with him after about what she saw in there...wonder if she saw more than just images, but heard sounds as well?

This stuff just keeps on getting better and better. ;D The situation is so intense!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I thought about that as well, with the reference to Shrieke seeing those images in Gut's head about the eclipse and the old Band of the Hawk. She is the first person in his new group that really understands him other then Puck.

Do you think that will help there group if they all knew what he had been through?

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
It would definitely solidify their cause against what Guts is up against, and knowing the tragedies he encountered during the eclipse ( Femto, Caska, the Hawks being sacrificed) can only help them see his need to defeat Griffith.

When it comes to magic, the natural world of common sense is set aside and magic takes over. And at the end of things, as I'm hoping with this whole Berserk story, magic will make things right again :)

LG

P

PsychoJavexx

I like the "inked" one. Maybe Guts will die, but since all the "worlds/dimensions" are merging, he'll just come back as something with fewer weaknesses?

first post in a while....

so the talisman flora put on the armor, isnt to protect guts physically or to protect guts from 'demons', its to protect guts from himself

the armor seems to amplify all of wearer's intense emotions, (in guts' case) rage misery lonliness.

flora's talisman shelters the 'human' part of guts so that his rage doesnt consume him.
when schierke is in guts' mind, she sees all of his rage, and lonliness. but past the talisman is guts, sane, and that is all thats there.

his eye isnt normal because it is an idealistic representation of himself, but that should go without saying.

its amazing that all that can be considered sane thats left inside guts is so small. hes always only a few steps away from total consumption.
the only thing that is going to make guts happy, or less enraged, is if he loses everything, and has to rebuild himself

M

medievald00d

First post in a while for me too

First I would like to thank all the members of SK.net for translating, scanning, and talking about these chapters. I would like to especially thank SaiyajinNoOuji, Graywords, puella, and Walter.

the only thing that is going to make guts happy, or less enraged, is if he loses everything, and has to rebuild himself
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldnt Guts just build more rage upon which he already has?

Question: How will they take off the armour without further damaging Guts' body? After all, the spikes that hold his bones together are attached to the armour itself right? When his breastplate comes off, wont his ribs come off too?

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks a lot, SaiyajinNoOuji. ;)

BTW, can anyone guess what the scene or the image which is illuminated in the Pack's eye is? I'm quite curious about it. :eek:

Top Bottom