Episode 228

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
puella said:
From the view of this Japanese guy

We can see many iron thorn tree(?) put into Guts' body. They are supposed to reinforce his ragged and broken body.
Schierke finds the beast formed by od of the armor and Guts' hatred in his inner mind. She also sees his memories of the time of the Hawks and the occultation, which could be said as "before the eclipse" and "after the eclipse"
There are many secnes where Griffith, the captain of the Hawks, is seen and Casca, a little bit, when she was trying to jump off the cliff .
And of course she gets scared seeing the occultation.

Asking Flora for help, she finds the talisman in the armor which Flora carved into in episode 222.
She can touch some shadow(the former owner of the armor? maybe?) with the talisman.

And the Japanese guy thinks it could be also possible that Schierke helps Casca the same way she can read Guts' inner mind and probably help him regain himself.
Interesting thought, I think.

[EDIT] This is rough translation because it is done so quickly and I am often confused with the context. :p

It is really very interesting, I also find that the days of insanity of the Caska are counted, but do not know if schierke has to be able to bring the memory of her in return! But this still is future, since she is only exploring the thoughts of gatts! Hmmmm and the armor, will be that he will be capable to take off it?

I doubt the DS has any specific "powers" like the elemental weapons. Since it's power mainly comes from having been used to kill so many unnatural creatures, apostles, trolls, you name it, it has become very effective at hurting such entities. i.e., it would be able to harm and perhaps kill a member of the god's hand (god's finger? if so, is femto the thumb or the middle one?) and, something a regular sword would have no hope of doing.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
meh, it probably could harm any of the god member hands but Femto, remember because he branded gattsu he controls his life, so he can just will it and his brand will burst out with blood.

Kart said:
meh, it probably could harm any of the god member hands but Femto, remember because he branded gattsu he controls his life, so he can just will it and his brand will burst out with blood.

That's when Guts activates his armor, which can override even the horrible agony of the brand, and opens up 8 crates of whoop-ass on Griffith while the later stares stupified at his hand. jk, :p

M

medievald00d

I just noticed something very interesting (and completely irrelevant). On pg 13, Griffith is posing in front of 2 trebuchets. Since when did the original band of the hawk have seige weapons. Since when could they afford them!?!??!

I thought it was interesting that a pic like that would be in his memory, (but irrelevent... ::))

Kart said:
that thing that keeps his brand from attracting demons is only good for a limited time, until they get to elfhiem.

Yes, but that's not what I was talking about. When being influenced by the curse of the armor, he would not feel the pain eminating from the brand (which before was enough to bring him to his knees).

pupo said:
I think he should´ve gotten that (Floras´) axe from the item shop...to keep as a secondary weapon. Probably we´ll never know what that weapon could do... :-[

I guess u r probably right, maybe Guts in that armor is so strong that he will be able to wield 2 weapons at the same time and fight with double weapon, which i guess should be enough to scare Grunbeld off... :p

P.S if i m not wrong (just base on my instinct), that axe should consist of power from earth elemental...

deadfuse said:
I doubt the DS has any specific "powers" like the elemental weapons. Since it's power mainly comes from having been used to kill so many unnatural creatures, apostles, trolls, you name it, it has become very effective at hurting such entities. i.e., it would be able to harm and perhaps kill a member of the god's hand (god's finger? if so, is femto the thumb or the middle one?) and, something a regular sword would have no hope of doing.

Maybe this is nonsense but as I get it DS is powered by shadow. Gatsu can wield it no
problem and use it like this because his mind can chanell dark(ness) big-time. Gatsu can chanell hatred and all those evil and dark emotions so DS is his toy in command. Thus DS's shadow obeys and is controlled by Gatsu. Gatsu has
not seen this as Shielke could but he doesn't really care. For him important thing is to fight, survive and his hatred. He stands and believes only in those, at least so far and hasn't needed anything else and thus is 100% effective with shadow because he and his essence are pue 100% shadow themselves(or paraller with it anyway). If he went the explanations and letteral(ly) understandings way he would just step out of this parallel of shadow that he and his essence are. So Gatsu is a 100% Dark-Black Knight.
This assumes that DS was like this from the begining, when Gatsu first got it from this smith that now I can't remember his name. I want to believe this because if this is at play Gatsu would never have wielded DS total actual weight(which is impossible) but through the shadow, which definatelly would have make it a toy(and thus very lighter for him) to his hands. Nobody till now did tell that DS wasn't like this from the beginning. Skullknight told what he told ok, but this is according to his spirit. He wouldn't give an analisis to Gatsu like Shielke because he doesn't speak like this and actually Gatsu wouldn't need to know more or different than what he allready knows.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
No. Shadow isn't even an element in the Berserk world. Guts ability with the DS is powered by his length of time and battles in the Interstice. This is told in Episode 200-202, by Flora.

Walter said:
No. Shadow isn't even an element in the Berserk world. Guts ability with the DS is powered by his length of time and battles in the Interstice. This is told in Episode 200-202, by Flora.

I never said that shadow is an element. The supposition was that the shadow could be chanelled to have specific "powers" like the elementals (and those help(= to the user) needs to be chanelled too). I never understood this Flora said that way. I am having the italian version and I haven't figured this like that.

O

Ozmo

Stuff like "channeling the shadow/darkness" or talking about "the shadow" alltogether have a theoretical chance of being exactly what Miura's planning and so on, but sounds pretty far fetched to me. All we're told is that the weapon is now capable of hurting even a God Hand (or tearing apart their bodies anyway) because it's killed so many supernatural creatures and absorbed some of their aura. It's good to think a lot, but I think you might be going a bit too far with your speculations.

I'm a bit skeptical on the "Shiercke bringing Casca back" thing. At worst she would relieve Casca's memories of her wrestling session with Femto and end up a vegetable too. Of course we've yet to see exactly what she can do inside one's head and getting Casca back would be damn cool, so I'm somewhat hopefull as well.

Episode 229

Again, 'could be BS... We'll see.

I kinda suspected that (based on the title), but it looks like episode 229 will end a "part/chapter/something" of the manga.
And Miura _is_ taking a break, this time. A long one. Episode 230 is due for November 14.

Basically, Schierke brings Guts' sanity back, and Guts ignores Gurunberd to kill the Apostles that Serpico and Isidro were fighting. He's in a bad shape, but at least, he's not "berserk" anymore.
Gurunberd appears but is stopped by a young Flora, summoning a wall of flame to protect the others. She bids farewell to Schierke and wishes her luck on her journey.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Uriel said:
November 14th... that's a big break :-\

Yeah, I was afraid of this, he's been in overdrive the last few months. Guts' shape in the series right now probably reflects Miura's stress level. =)

-Griffith

Re:Episode 229

Olivier Hague said:
Again, 'could be BS... We'll see.

I kinda suspected that (based on the title), but it looks like episode 229 will end a "part/chapter/something" of the manga.
And Miura _is_ taking a break, this time. A long one. Episode 230 is due for November 14.

Basically, Schierke brings Guts' sanity back, and Guts ignores Grunbeld to kill the Apostles that Serpico and Isidro were fighting. He's in a bad shape, but at least, he's not "berserk" anymore.
Grunbeld appears but is stopped by a young Flora, summoning a wall of flame to protect the others. She bids farewell to Schierke and wishes her luck on her journey.

For BERSERK harcore fans it would be like climaxing towards orgasm and just before extasy having your partner back off just to say to you: ok we' ll see each other in couple of months.

puella

Berserk forever
Re:Episode 229

Olivier Hague said:

Yeah, Miura must take a break but what am I supposed to during that break? :'(

Grunbeld appears but is stopped by a young Flora, summoning a wall of flame to protect the others. She bids farewell to Schierke and wishes her luck on her journey.

Young Flora?
Can't wait to see. Where's Walter? ;D

M

medievald00d

trading card game? like magic? Damn, those kinds of things usually ruin a good thing...

O

Ozmo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't November only a few months away? Of course I don't really remember the months in English, so I might be very wrong... :-\

M

medievald00d

September (now)-October-November

The next episode comes a month after the Darkhorse release

Nadiaska said:
It is very sad, Berserk does not go to never finish! It is bad to be waiting months for new features! :'( :'(

If we consider the number of "great" apostiles alive (with Grumbeld if Guts don´t kill him now), the five god´s hands and the others little things and causal enemies, you know, I think Berserk can go on for many years.

I´m really anxious for the end, but I´m also affraid because I don´t want to get without this anxiety for the next chapter. If the history goes on for a long time, I hope Miura keep its quality and origins.

Tazinaffo said:
If we consider the number of "great" apostiles alive (with Grumbeld if Guts don´t kill him now), the five god´s hands and the others little things and causal enemies, you know, I think Berserk can go on for many years.

I´m really anxious for the end, but I´m also affraid because I don´t want to get without this anxiety for the next chapter. If the history goes on for a long time, I hope Miura keep its quality and origins.

If it goes like this in the worst of the cases it will become like Dragonball and in the best something like Hokuton Noken-Fist of the North Star.

Top Bottom