Episode 228

Re:Episode 229

Olivier Hague said:
I kinda suspected that (based on the title), but it looks like episode 229 will end a "part/chapter/something" of the manga.
And Miura _is_ taking a break, this time. A long one. Episode 230 is due for November 14.

OMG. 7 week?!! :eek:

Look like 229 is the end of a very big topic, as such millennium falcon, and maybe Muira will take that 2 months break to start everything anew... but i still cant control my tears... :'(

Btw, i hope to see Caska and farnese this time, else there is no hope of seeing them for many days to come...

Re:Episode 229

Smith said:
Look like 229 is the end of a very big topic, as such millennium falcon

I really don't think so. More like the end of the "Seima Senki" Chapter.
By the way, regarding the translation of this chapter title in this thread, can we now settle on what would be the most accurate ?

O

Ozmo

Sounds interesting. Must be one heck of a wall of flame to stop Grunbeld btw.

Hague, how come you keep knowing what happens in every chapter like a week before they're released?

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Tazinaffo said:
If we consider the number of "great" apostiles alive (with Grumbeld if Guts don´t kill him now), the five god´s hands and the others little things and causal enemies, you know, I think Berserk can go on for many years.

I´m really anxious for the end, but I´m also affraid because I don´t want to get without this anxiety for the next chapter. If the history goes on for a long time, I hope Miura keep its quality and origins.

Hi, Tazinaffo! You have reason, Berserk is an excellent history, but sincerely I would not like to complete 40 years and still reading Berserk (I am with 23 years of age). If the chapters did not delay in such a way , would go to be excellent, but unhappyly nor everything is perfect! In the worse one of the cases it can happen what xechnao said! :'(

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Nadiaska said:
Hi, Tazinaffo! You have reason, Berserk is an excellent history, but sincerely I would not like to complete 40 years and still reading Berserk (I am with 23 years of age).
And what is it wrong with that ?

Olivier Hague said:
I'm still not _100%_ sure... But it looks like some of Gut's hair turned white.

WTF?... Guts had aged?!!

I think the story is causing me more and more nuts about berserk...

P.S Wouldnt it be great if Guts hair had totally turned white? ;D

Olivier Hague said:
I'm still not _100%_ sure... But it looks like some of Gut's hair turned white.

I think you have some powers like Flora, Hague! Yours news are really great and I hope you´re right. This change in Guts´s appearance sounds interesting.

M

medievald00d

White short hair eh? All he needs are glasses and a shorter sword and he'll look just like Enishi....

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Walter said:
It's a sign of a traumatic event, or immense stress. It can actually happen, too.

Intense fear has traditionally been the most common cause.

Also to consider is that in Abrahamic religions, having white hair is a sign of having come in contact with God. Moses, and I believe elijah were said to have glowing faces and white hair. Christ is said to have looked this way at his baptisism, ascention, and later in dream of John which comprises most of the book of Revelation. I wouldn't be surprised if Mohamed is said to have had his hair turned white after leaving the cave where he wrote the qu'ran.

I'm not trying to suggest that Guts has come in contact with God, but trying to suggest the possibility of some underlying dogmatic/mythological element (berserk is no stranger to these).

In any case, isn't it interesting that now Guts matches Rutger Hauer even more-so?

O

Ozmo

Amongst other things, one's hair turning white after using too much power/whatever is one of the biggest anime cliches right after absurd hair and big eyes. :)

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Uhm, I believe in Trigun after a plant (Vash, Knives type people) uses up to much energy their hair begins to turn white. but that has nothing to do with this topic.

i don't think gutts and caska are effected by normal aging, remember what flora side about being in the spiritual realm for so long made her life unnaturally long? but stress/fear/truama is a cause so that is probably what it is if the hazama effect isn't effecting them.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I just found Smith's reaction too funny to resist posting these:

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

lye

Nihilist!
remember when askes hair turns white at the end of evil dead 2, i dont know berserk reminds me a lot of that movie, its groovy

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, thanks for the input. Anymore deep parallels anybody? Get them over with now so we don't have to suffer them later.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Walter said:
Yeah, thanks for the input. Anymore deep parallels anybody? Get them over with now so we don't have to suffer them later.

Remember that line from "The Ghostbusters" when Winston tells the mayor that he's "seen things that will turn your shit white!".
Well maybe Guts got some white shit in his hair....

[sub]Ah rum...[/sub]

Top Bottom