Capcom vs. SNK 2 Is it too awesome for me? Yes

I have been playing this game on my new Dreamcast and I must say it rocks harder than a Boston/Bruce Springsteen/Black Sabbath concert. Over 40 characters, great backgrounds, decent music(In a fighhting game no less) and killer gameplay make this one of the best 2-D fighting games I`ve played.

That's great to hear Gorilla_Guts because I just ordered it myself and it was a little pricey. The replay value is suppose to be pretty good with the six grooves and all. It sucks SNK went out of business but I think Capcom might have some rights to use their stuff since they are the publisher of SNK inclusive games.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I have been playing this game on my new Dreamcast and I must say it rocks harder than a Boston/Bruce Springsteen/Black Sabbath concert. Over 40 characters, great backgrounds, decent music(In a fighhting game no less) and killer gameplay make this one of the best 2-D fighting games I`ve played.

I liked the first game more. It had a lot of characters as well but I liked all the hidden features it had, point systems which you could get more items. The second one is just more of the same but not as much bells and whistles.

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
Capcom vs. SNK 2 beats even Guilty Gear X for two-Dee fighting awesomeness. I could play this game all day, and maybe I will, Gorilla Guts, to beat you when you get back! Ha ha ha.

CnC

Ad Oculos
i've heard a bit about this... however at this point it could still be just a big rumor, or if true... a japanese only title (copyright is stronger here or something)

oh yea... and about capcom vs. snk 2... where did you get it for DC?

I can't find it cept on ebay... and i'd like to avoid that if possible

fnh

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
You can find it here: www.therage.com

Import only, so it's in japanese. Not that it matters since all of the menus are in english. It goes around 50-60 dollars.

I ordered mine from www.ncsx.com. They have a larger selection and the prices are pretty much the same. And Gorilla_Guts, since you're lucky (maybe not?) enough to live in Japan you might want to pick up Rez. I haven't played it myself but it's suppose to be a pretty addictive and weird space shoot-em up game.

Auto80T-Prime

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Capcom vs. SNK 2 great game...

Anyways, I know this may be a little irrelevant but I was following the "Dragonball vs SF" rumor as well, and I discovered that the game may actually just be a 3D action game similar to the Gundam arcade game recently released.

Well, here's the url where I found the info:
http://www.mmcafe.com/soup_12-23-01.html

I picked up a used copy of the game for about 3,700 yen, which comes out to about 30 dollars US. Video games are really, really expensive in Japan though and you can find more Saturn games than Dreamcast games. Funny huh. I still love the system though. It`s a rugged little critter.

bebpo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Compared to US game market prices, I think that the Japanese game market is much cheaper. Not only are new games easily found for around 1000-1500yen off making 6800 games only around $40 US, but the vast amount of used game stores where you can get perfect condition 1 week old games for $30 makes gaming alot cheaper in Japan from what I've noticed.

But then again, for some reason the cheapest I've found the Berserk game for DC in the past 4 months is $40. Go figure...

--bebpo

I got CvS 2 today along with Shenmue 2 (I'll post a review when I get time to play that). From what little I've played of CvS 2 it seems to be pretty deep with all the variations of blocking and super meters. There aren't as many secrets to unlock as was mentioned but it doesn't have quite as quirky of a ratio system as the first. The character sprites look a little old and low-res but there's really not much to complain about. I would like to know why the hell Vega is called Balrog. Switching M. Bison's name and Balrog's would have been fine but Vega is Spanish, damn it. The cheesey Japanese announcer with a lisp makes up for the shortcomings I guess.

Dracket

Necro Demon
I think it's a great game as well, I almost entered a tourney at Ohayocon, but I was in an SC one instead and a mad skill BERSERK fan with a Behelit necklace and a brand on the back of his neck took home the gold.
I would like to know why the hell Vega is called Balrog.
You should be asking why Balrog is called Vega....

You should be asking why Balrog is called Vega....
No.You see there's a SPANISH matador and a Mike Tyson look-alike boxer. So you call the matador Balrog...right, that makes perfect sense. ;) It is a rare case where the US naming convention is better.

No.You see there's a SPANISH matador and a Mike Tyson look-alike boxer. So you call the matador Balrog...right, that makes perfect sense.  ;) It is a rare case where the US naming convention is better.
Erm... Yeah, _not_ calling a Mike Tyson-like boxer M. Bison was a great idea, indeed. ^^;

Besides, your Spanish guy also studied _ninjutsu_ (who said he was a matador, by the way? ^^; ), so who cares if he's called Balrog, really? ^_^;
And that could also be a ring name, for all we know...

Erm... Yeah, _not_ calling a Mike Tyson-like boxer M. Bison was a great idea, indeed. ^^;
Well, I already noted in the post before last I wouldn't care about the switching of (US)M. Bison and (US)Balrog's names because, as you said, it's probably a play on Mike Tyson's name.  :p

Besides, your Spanish guy also studied _ninjutsu_ (who said he was a matador, by the way? ^^; ), so who cares if he's called Balrog, really? ^_^;

Clicky. "He has undergone an extensive weight-training regime, as well as instruction in savate, ninjutsu, and bull-fighting. In turn he participated in a variety of martial arts and bull-fighting competitions, and basked into the adulations of the crowd. " That page also says the names were changed to avoid a lawsuit, so that's understandable. However, as much as I like to argue about mundane things, I think I'll actually go play it.  ;D

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I think it's a great game as well, I almost entered a tourney at Ohayocon, but I was in an SC one instead and a mad skill BERSERK fan with a Behelit necklace and a brand on the back of his neck took home the gold.

Ohayocon!? i've only been to Otakon [twice], speaking of Capcom VS SNK2 there was this kick ass tornament going on but it was overshadowed by the boring DDR tornament -_- watching people pretend to dance on shitty looking things on the floor isn't what i call fun.

"He has undergone an extensive weight-training regime, as well as instruction in savate, ninjutsu, and bull-fighting. In turn he participated in a variety of martial arts and bull-fighting competitions, and basked into the adulations of the crowd. "
Clicky. "The story starts off with one-eyed Gatts fighting demons and he managed to kill Snake Baron, one of the God’s Hands."
I mean, it's on the internet, so it has to be true, right?  :p
(you should read the entire page, it's... interesting... -_-; )

Balrog's motivation came from the fact that his parents cut his funds? Right. ^^;
His (ugly) father killed his (beautiful) mother. Can you say "trauma"? ^^
(by the way, I'm not saying he knows nothing about bull-fighting... but I still think his name being "Balrog" isn't a problem... what was the first name of Honda, by the way? :p )

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Clicky. "The story starts off with one-eyed Gatts fighting demons and he managed to kill Snake Baron, one of the God’s Hands."
I mean, it's on the internet, so it has to be true, right?  :p
Hmm...technically it would be illegal for me to blatantly murder the author of that page right? Damned human rights...

I mean, it's on the internet, so it has to be true, right?
That must be the "hentai" Berserk Ckrisz was thinking of. The transition from the overly erotic encounter of Griffith and Gennon to the overly erotic encounter of Griffith and Charlotte is astounding. ::) Although I do like the mental image of this: "The helmet fell, then her breast plate fell too, revealing her bouncy mammary glands which glistened with a pinkish sparkle under the warm sunrays. " What cracks me up is that the reviewer fabricated all that from what is suppose to be about the anime, not the manga (which still wouldn't be true, obviously).

But seriously, Vega is/was a matador. I've read it before from other sources and I would check my Street Fighter 2 Turbo manual but I don't know where it is.

But seriously, Vega is/was a matador. I've read it before from other sources and I would check my Street Fighter 2 Turbo manual but I don't know where it is.
Still, I wouldn't trust blindly a manual that call Balrog "Vega".
Yeah, I know, I'm stubborn. ^__^

Top Bottom