Festivals, eclipses, sacrifices, and the differences between them.

Ok, we know that rebirth festivals come around every 1000 years when a gh is reborn. Initiaion festivals come around every 216 years when a gh is created. In both cases, the festival is taking place in the real world. What do you call it when some shmuch finds a non-scarlet behelit and uses it to become a mere apostle? Those seem to happen left and right, not just every so many years, and not just during an eclipse.

One thing i really wonder about, what was up with the count's deal when he was about to die? He was already an apostle. Was he just offered the chance to sacrifice theres so he would get his stregnth back? or become a new apostle? He couln't have become a gh, because it hadn't been 216 since grif did. What was goin' on here?

Gatts0800

If you have an ass I will kick it!
With the Slug count what happend was that the behilit which transformed him into an apostle was summoned again. See the behilit is activated during times of great emotion and then the person who summoned the God Hand is granted a wish. The Slug Count didn't know what to do with his wife so the God Hand gave him the power to kill his wife. The second time was because he was dying and again the spike of an emotion. In other word he could have wished to live again but he didn't want to sacrifice his daughter. So thats what happened.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I'm not sure if there is a hard and fast name for when a person becomes a regular apostle. Maybe just a ceremony?

As for the Count, Gatts beat me to that. ;)

Thanks

The power to kill his wife? hmm... i thought his wife was the sacrifice. If not, who was? Also, if a regular behelit just grants people a wish for a sacrifice.... why has everyone who we've seen use one so far become an apostle? That's just what they all wished or something?

kimchan

himura_kenshin said:
Thanks

The power to kill his wife? hmm... i thought his wife was the sacrifice. If not, who was?

The Count caught his wife in one of those pagan orgies. He wanted to kill her, but couldn't bring himself to do it. His despair caused the beherit to react and call the God Hand. He then offered his wife for sacrifice, essentially letting the God Hand do what he couldn't stand to do (kill her.)

Also, if a regular behelit just grants people a wish for a sacrifice.... why has everyone who we've seen use one so far become an apostle? That's just what they all wished or something?

A sacrifice is the requirement to become an apostle (or God Hand for that matter.) The beherit calls God Hand during times when its rightful owner is in the middle of some extreme emotion, like despair or desire, etc. In order to become an apostle, God Hand ask that you sacrifice someone who is most dear to you. I think that's pretty much all the beherit does, is help you become an apostle (or God Hand if it's crimson.)

The beherit calls God Hand during times when its rightful owner is in the middle of some extreme emotion, like despair or desire, etc. In order to become an apostle, God Hand ask that you sacrifice someone who is most dear to you. I think that's pretty much all the beherit does, is help you become an apostle (or God Hand if it's crimson.)

Yeah that's what i thought too, which is precisely why i wondered what it would've done to count, since he was already an apostle. Gatts answered that he would've gotten a wish..... so.... first round be an apostle, and next time get a wish? 0_o. I'm prolly just reading too much into it, it prolly would've just regenned him or something, it just seemed odd to me that someone who was already an apostle would use a behelit.

kimchan

himura_kenshin said:
Yeah that's what i thought too, which is precisely why i wondered what it would've done to count, since he was already an apostle. Gatts answered that he would've gotten a wish..... so.... first round be an apostle, and next time get a wish? 0_o. I'm prolly just reading too much into it, it prolly would've just regenned him or something, it just seemed odd to me that someone who was already an apostle would use a behelit.

I assume if the Count had gone through with his sacrifice, he would've just been able to continue living, rather than being sucked into Hell as he was.

I really don't know for sure if it always works that way, but I really don't know what else could possibly happen if you were already an apostle and got a second "ceremony."

Top Bottom