Eclipses Festivals and the Rebirth

I am still quite confused about the nature of the eclipses. I have read so many posts here saying the numbers 1000 and 216 and rebirth that they all just seem to be running together in my head.

Every 1000 years, a God Hand is reborn. Every 216 years a God Hand is created.
rebirth festivals come around every 1000 years when a gh is reborn. Initiaion festivals come around every 216 years when a gh is created
~from himura_kenshin

Maybe its me but then whats the difference between a 'rebirth' and a 'creation'?

Does that mean that somehow the God Hands are killed and they start a cycle over again?

And was I wrong to assume the 4 angels that came down on Gaeseric were God Hands?

Sorry if people answer these questions all the time, but I got more confused when I tried to re-read the posts.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Rebirth is returning to being a human. ::)
Its not that complicated.
Creation is what happened when Femto was created.

Possibly.

Not enough information to back up either theory.

What is there to confused about? ???

Every 216 yrs, a human is destined to be a GH
Every 1000 yrs is GH is reborn into human...

that all...

Well, that at least this is the different between rebirth and creation... :p

The thing I dont get is that if that were true, there would be a hell of a lot of God Hands, if every 216 one is added, and only every 1000 one is taken away.

elhinnaw said:
The thing I dont get is that if that were true, there would be a hell of a lot of God Hands, if every 216 one is added, and only every 1000 one is taken away.

Who knows if the rule only begin 1000 yrs ago. Because i dun remeber other batch of GH exist be4...

I dont even know if the math about it makes that much of a difference but it doesnt quite add up to me.

0 yrs = Void (assuming hes the first)
216 = Another God Hand
432 = Another God Hand
648 = Another God Hand
864 = Femto

So that doesnt seem to work out, but I guess if you make 216 the first GH it makes some sense, cause Im sure its not 1000 years on the dot

elhinnaw said:
216 = Another God Hand
432 = Another God Hand
648 = Another God Hand
864 = Femto

We all know there is a flaw here, that y Himiura mentioned that SK is likely to be the first GH instead...

O

Ozmo

The correct term would be reincarnation, not rebirth. Please don't succumb to Band of the Hawk translations. :)

Things like these have a tendency to be a bit inaccurate, so the 1000 years might very well be 864. Who was it that said the thing about the 1000 years in the manga anyway?

Why there are only 5 God Hand if one is born every 216 years in a mystery. It's likely the fall of Gaiseric's empire happened at about the same time as the creation of Void (who's been said to be the first God Hand by Miura) and had something to do with it, but anything more would be just guessing. I consider it likely there were God Hand before that though, since saying "Ritual that happens every 1000 years" would be kinda dodgy if it hadn't happened at least once or twice before. :)

elhinnaw said:
I dont even know if the math about it makes that much of a difference but it doesnt quite add up to me.

216 = Another God Hand
432 = Another God Hand
648 = Another God Hand
864 = Femto

So that doesnt seem to work out, but I guess if you make 216 the first GH it makes some sense, cause Im sure its not 1000 years on the dot

Sorry if I'm reviving a dead thread, but you're right the math does not add up. But who's to say we should start the count at Void's birth? Maybe Idea came into being 1000 years ago, and it took him 136 years to find the first candidate for God Handhood. :p

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
216 x 5 = 1080, right? If that's not close enough to 1000, then what is? o_O;

BTW, this is speculation, but since they don't know if it was 4 or 5 angels that came down approximately 1000 years ago during Gaiseric's reign... maybe it was both? Started out as 4, then became 5 with the initiation, then back to 4 again with the rebirth, just like with Griffith. *shrug*

If that's true, perhaps God Hand is quite an old establishment... *imagines Void wearing his "God Hand Five-Timers Club" t-shirt* o_O

Top Bottom